Global Warming: Follow the Money

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
It seems to be that the forces at work on both sides of the global warming debate will stop at nothing to undermine their opposition's position and credibility. There appears to be little, if any ethical and moral restraint being exercised by either side. And that means only one thing: There is some serious scratch on the line.

So who's bank accounts benefit most from what? That's what I want to know.

why don't you pull your thumb out or your arsehole and do some resaerch on the net.... cupcake?

my guess the most money spent will be from the oil companies.

• Banned
why don't you pull your thumb out or your arsehole and do some resaerch on the net.... cupcake?

my guess the most money spent will be from the oil companies.

What do you think I'm doing dumbass?

I'm asking the experts here at USMB. I fully understand that in doing so I may be subjected to blatant examples of abject ignorance and mental retardation like this post of yours, but I'm willing to make the trade-off.

Human global warming is all a conspiracy aimed at controlling the entire world.
Its a New World Order plot.

there is huge money in keeping the oil spigot open.

There will be vast money changing hands if we start to switch from the oil tit.

That vast money will be spread to anyone who learns how to make a dime in the new green economy.

Its OLD money who is attacking the science that prooves GW.

The new open market green creates will come right out of the OLD MONEYS pockets.

See......this is the problem with conservatives.........they want to point to just ONE thing and say that is it, and get rid of it.

Kinda fascist if you think about it.......

Global climate change isn't JUST mankind, nor is it just the sun, or cow farts, or whatever......it's all those things combined.

Now, if mankind was given a mandate to take care of the planet by God, then what are we doing? We should not be contributing (and I'm sorry.......but all fossil fuels contribute emissions) as much, rather working on a way to reduce OURS, so that we can help make sure the plants and cow farts stay in balance, and correct things as necessary.

Ignoring it won't make it go away.

"I'm asking the experts here at USMB."

just like 52ndStreet? - holy fuckin gradeschool Batman!

• Banned

That vast money will be spread to anyone who learns how to make a dime in the new green economy.

The new open market green creates will come right out of the OLD MONEYS pockets.

That's seems a little too simplistic to me. OLD money has faced many new fangled innovations and advancements that could theoretically threaten their gravy train. And invariably they end up controlling the new technologies and markets too. Why should this be any different? I suspect there may be some infighting among the OLD money tycoons.

Because it costs money for a corp to switch from the oil to the new technology.

Its cheaper for them to spend millions fighting the science by paying off the asshole scientist who will say whatever for money.

They create a question in the publics mind enough to keep any government action from taking place.

Believe me when we do switch over they will have themselves invested in teh new technology and make a bundle in it. UNTIL THEN they will keep making a bundle on the old tech.

If we switched now we could leave OLD MONEY in the dust and create a shitload of new money ripping the reins of power from their sweaty little hands before they are lined up and ready to cash in.

That's seems a little too simplistic to me. OLD money has faced many new fangled innovations and advancements that could theoretically threaten their gravy train. And invariably they end up controlling the new technologies and markets too. Why should this be any different? I suspect there may be some infighting among the OLD money tycoons.

Only trouble is........all of the money is built on technology that is powered by oil.

A windmill is pretty much a one time cost, with minimal maintenance. No fuel, little overhead, and you have nothing to pass on hidden costs to the consumer with.

Never mind the fact that the old money doesn't control squat when it comes to green technology. If you need an example, look at GM. They had an electric car back in '95 that was PRODUCTION READY, but because the economy was soundly built on oil, they ignored it.

At least, until people quit buying their cars because oil was too high.

Nope, old oil money is SCARED of green technology, because they will actually have to change their approach and thinking, and people like that (conservatives) will do anything but.

Simple psychology actually.

The people who run companies benefit materially from the short-term financial performance of those companies. That's across the board. If you look at the companies that make their money from industries that are identified as being associated with the causes of anthropogenic climate change that tendency becomes even more important to acknowledge. It is to their benefit to oppose change to their industry. Couple that with the short-term thinking of those who run those companies and the result is blindingly obvious.

is that funny because I didn't start the thread with a retarded question or because I made a spelling mistake?

Neither. You don't see it?

um you are easily amused and Mani asked for someone to do his own work for him but I wouldn't and then guessed at the answer?

Ding!

I find it very amusing that you blather to someone else to 'do some research on the net' and with the very next breath declare that 'my guess is . . . ' No research of your own to back up your point? Oh wait, sorry. Is guessing the Canadian method of research?

(and yes, I'm easily amused. :D)

Forum List

Back