CDZ Global warming: federal law needed to ban coastal development.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Aug 1, 2017.

1. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,093
    On the highway too. Don't get any better economy out there than a Civic.

My Father-in-Law taught driver's training for many years. He always made it a point to explain this to his students:

The average funeral costs about $10k (not sure on the accuracy of that), One would have to save a LOT of gas to account for being buried in your econobox car to offset the price....

But, then again, one less polluting human, using no gas, and producing ZERO emissions......

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. task0778

task0778 Silver Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,598
    I do not think the federal gov't can or should ban coastal development. However, I do think they should declare certain coastal areas to be high risk areas for flooding and as a result will not be covered under FEMA. You can build there but at your own risk. If you're already living in a high-risk zone then the next time you get flooded out will be the last time you get federal aid, after that you're on your own. Instead of getting money to rebuild you get money to move elsewhere; if you don't move then it's on you not us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +557
    I will meet you in the middle.

Here in MissourA, we build giant levees around the continent's two largest rivers like there is no other available land on earth.

I propose we standardize how the letter "I" is pronounced and do the following nationwide.

Instead of giving the land to the government we just mark it as ineligible to be rezoned anything but farmland and park/soccer fields. We will offer a buyout next time it floods but provide no further aid. If we have to rescue you from the water, you pay. If you sand bag in a flood plain you go to jail.

The floodplain is great farmland and makes decent soccer fields. Anything else in the modern era is welfare waiting to happen.

4. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +557
    The history of St Louis indicates 63376 is bound to turn ghetto in 50 years. Why is the property still valuable?

Time, you can still live there and sed your newborn to an acceptable school.

Lots of folks can't even plan for something happening two cars in front of them on the highway lol.

5. Taz

Taz VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Just let the sea rise on their dumb asses.