Global warming coming faster and sooner

Like I said, the Earth goes through its natural cycles of heating up and cooling off.With or without human input. Its been happening for millions of years.This whole human global warming hysteria is all over exagerated media,
and scientific hype.Your info, old rocks is all false. Distributed by a biased Scientific community, that wants millions more in research funding, for their false "Human Global warming hype".

OK, state which facts that I have presented are false.

Here is the American Geophysical Union's statement on global warming. If you like, I can post such statements from all the scientific organizations, worldwide.

Human Impacts on Climate
Adopted by Council December 2003
Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. Global average surface temperatures increased on average by about 0.6°C over the period 1956–2006. As of 2006, eleven of the previous twelve years were warmer than any others since 1850. The observed rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice is expected to continue and lead to the disappearance of summertime ice within this century. Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities. Recent changes in many physical and biological systems are linked with this regional climate change. A sustained research effort, involving many AGU members and summarized in the 2007 assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, continues to improve our scientific understanding of the climate.

During recent millennia of relatively stable climate, civilization became established and populations have grown rapidly. In the next 50 years, even the lower limit of impending climate change—an additional global mean warming of 1°C above the last decade—is far beyond the range of climate variability experienced during the past thousand years and poses global problems in planning for and adapting to it. Warming greater than 2°C above 19th century levels is projected to be disruptive, reducing global agricultural productivity, causing widespread loss of biodiversity, and—if sustained over centuries—melting much of the Greenland ice sheet with ensuing rise in sea level of several meters. If this 2°C warming is to be avoided, then our net annual emissions of CO2 must be reduced by more than 50 percent within this century. With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. Given the uncertainty in climate projections, there can be surprises that may cause more dramatic disruptions than anticipated from the most probable model projections.

With climate change, as with ozone depletion, the human footprint on Earth is apparent. The cause of disruptive climate change, unlike ozone depletion, is tied to energy use and runs through modern society. Solutions will necessarily involve all aspects of society. Mitigation strategies and adaptation responses will call for collaborations across science, technology, industry, and government. Members of the AGU, as part of the scientific community, collectively have special responsibilities: to pursue research needed to understand it; to educate the public on the causes, risks, and hazards; and to communicate clearly and objectively with those who can implement policies to shape future climate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Permissions: Members everywhere are encouraged to help inform the policy making process in their home locales with thoughtful presentation of scientific viewpoints. Council adoption of position statements is one way that the Union can assist in this process. Any member may use an AGU policy statement in discussions with local or national policy makers as an official statement of the Union. If you use excerpts from a statement, then you should not attribute those as a Union position. Societies anywhere may use an AGU position statement with or without attribution as a basis for developing their own statements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Science and Policy Home
AGU Home

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Climate change is happening faster than previously predicted according to a new World Wildlife Fund report.

The WWF say climate change threat has worsened in the 15 months since the IPCC last reported.

Bringing together some of the most recent scientific reports and data, "Climate change: faster, stronger, sooner" reveals that global warming is accelerating more rapidly than the predictions made in the IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report published in 2007.

One of the most concerning aspects of recent data is evidence that, in some places, the Arctic Ocean is losing sea ice 30 years ahead of current IPCC predictions.

Summer sea ice is now forecasted to completely disappear in the summer months sometime between 2013 and 2040 -- something which hasn't happened for over a million years.
The report's author, geoscientist Dr Tina Tin told CNN: "Arctic sea ice is melting much faster than everybody had been expecting. Why? Well, maybe it's because the positive feedback mechanisms have kicked in much quicker than we have been able to quantify."

Climate changing 'faster, stronger, sooner' - CNN.com

We're seeing more natural disaster increase in the United States every year. I wonder how the government will pay for all the natural disaster relief? They still haven't taken care of Katrina! The insurance companies will go broke next.

Last edited:
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Climate change is happening faster than previously predicted according to a new World Wildlife Fund report.

The WWF say climate change threat has worsened in the 15 months since the IPCC last reported.

Bringing together some of the most recent scientific reports and data, "Climate change: faster, stronger, sooner" reveals that global warming is accelerating more rapidly than the predictions made in the IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report published in 2007.

One of the most concerning aspects of recent data is evidence that, in some places, the Arctic Ocean is losing sea ice 30 years ahead of current IPCC predictions.

Summer sea ice is now forecasted to completely disappear in the summer months sometime between 2013 and 2040 -- something which hasn't happened for over a million years.
The report's author, geoscientist Dr Tina Tin told CNN: "Arctic sea ice is melting much faster than everybody had been expecting. Why? Well, maybe it's because the positive feedback mechanisms have kicked in much quicker than we have been able to quantify."

Climate changing 'faster, stronger, sooner' - CNN.com
There are 500 scientist lined up to refute the global control BS its all about keeping the USA from drilling for oil in the Artic and going to war with RUSSIA... DUMB DUMB DUMB... When are you people going to get your heads out of your ass wipes... One of my friends lives in the Northern most part of Alaska told me that the ICE is so fucking thick that they cant break it for hunting and fishing for their business... Global Warming or Climate Change which is it??? neither, your being economically pick pocketed...

Last edited:
There are 500 scientist lined up to refute the global control BS its all about keeping the USA from drilling for oil in the Artic and going to war with RUSSIA... DUMB DUMB DUMB... When are you people going to get your heads out of your ass wipes... One of my friends lives in the Northern most part of Alaska told me that the ICE is so fucking thick that they cant break it for hunting and fishing for their business... Global Warming or Climate Change which is it??? neither, your being economically pick pocketed...

Analysis of integrated global hurricane activity shows that the previous 12-24 months exemplify a continuing decreasing trend since 1997. Since tropical cyclones occur planetwide throughout the calendar, running sums of cyclone energy are used to show the global nature of earth's cyclone energy.

coaps.fsu.edu | Ryan Maue's Seasonal Tropical Cyclone Activity Update

Remember how the global warming maniacs threatened us about increased hurricane activity? I guess global warming is about to recede to the level of the threat of African killer bees and heterosexual AIDS.

I just saw a program showing the pictures from space and the glaciers are receding.

Excerpt:

ASU geologist Rick Wessels is part of an international team of scientists studying the climate of the entire earth over several years with the Global Land Ice Measurement from Space (GLIMS) project. The team, led by United States Geological Survey (USGS) scientist Hugh Kieffer, is monitoring climate change by tracking the melting of glaciers across the earth. The global scale combined with a long study period will give the scientists the broad perspective needed to determine whether worldwide changes in climate are actually taking place. But in only seven months of monitoring, Wessels has already seen melting in glaciers all over Earth, which provides some solid evidence -- or liquid evidence -- for global warming.

At the Spring Meeting of the American Geophysical Union in Boston, May 29 to June 2, Wessels and co-author Jeff Kargel, a USGS geologist, will present the first round of results from this project in a talk titled "GLIMS: Documenting the Demise of the Earth's Glaciers using ASTER." Wessels will present evidence that thousands of glaciers are melting, corroborating similar arguments made by many other researchers over the last few years. Like shrinking ice cubes in an increasingly steamy atmospheric brew, glaciers around the world appear to be getting thinner or even disappearing entirely, says Wessels. The flooding caused by runoff from these melting glaciers could have disastrous consequences for people living nearby.

Using images of the earth taken from space, Wessels, along with over 50 other GLIMS researchers from 23 countries, is tracking changes in nearly all of the 160,000 glaciers around the world, only about 1,000 of which have been previously studied. Wessels's newest data come from NASA-operated ASTER (Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer), which takes detailed color and infrared images of the entire earth.

Data collection using ASTER is still in the early stages, but by comparing the newest data with older records, Wessels and his colleagues have already noted some major changes in the sizes of many glaciers around the world. "The majority of these glaciers are receding," says Wessels.

Some growing and shrinking is normal for glaciers, and debris-rimmed lakes within some glaciers may come and go. Despite these fluctuations, glaciers usually maintain their size over the long term. But Wessels has seen a shift in the balance of this cycle. "At first glance, there's more shrinkage than growing," he says, "and there's now a trend for the lakes to stay and grow," rather than drying up or freezing over.

The newest images show that, in the Alps, where many years of records track the mountains' ice formations, several glaciers have disappeared in as little as 40 years. In Argentina, glaciers in the Patagonian ice fields have receded by an average of 1.5 kilometers over 13 years. And in the Himalayan mountains, glaciers are losing bulk as continued melting feeds lakes that sometimes run off to flood surrounding areas. Recently, a lake atop one Himalayan glacier threatened to overflow its natural dam within days, forcing local Nepalese engineers to quickly perform a controlled drain.

Because the melting and retreat is occurring at such a rapid pace, Wessels and his colleagues think global warming is the most likely explanation for the loss of glacial ice. "There is definitely a global climate change," Wessels asserts. Whether the climate warming is a natural cycle or caused by human activity, such as burning fossil fuels, is still being debated.

Source:
Science Daily

Melting Glaciers Signal Global Warming

Last edited:
Only people lie.

Funny. That's basically what this guy says:

BBC SHUNNED ME FOR DENYING CLIMATE CHANGE

FOR YEARS David Bellamy was one of the best known faces on TV.

A respected botanist and the author of 35 books, he had presented around 400 programmes over the years and was appreciated by audiences for his boundless enthusiasm.

Yet for more than 10 years he has been out of the limelight, shunned by bosses at the BBC where he made his name, as well as fellow scientists and environmentalists.

His crime? Bellamy says he doesn’t believe in man-made global warming.

Here he reveals why – and the price he has paid for not toeing the orthodox line on climate change.

"When I first stuck my head above the parapet to say I didn’t believe what we were being told about global warming I had no idea what the consequences would be.

I am a scientist and I have to *follow the directions of science but when I see that the truth is being covered up I have to voice my *opinions.

According to official data, in every year since 1998 world temperatures have been getting colder, and in 2002 Arctic ice actually increased. Why, then, do we not hear about that?

The sad fact is that since I said I didn’t believe human beings caused global warming I’ve not been allowed to make a TV programme.

My absence has been noticed, because wherever I go I meet people who say: “I grew up with you on the television, where are you now?”

It was in 1996 that I criticised wind farms while appearing on Blue Peter and I also had an article published in which I described global warming as poppycock.

The truth is, I didn’t think wind farms were an effective means of alternative energy so I said so. Back then, at the BBC you had to toe the line and I wasn’t doing that.

At that point I was still making loads of television programmes and I was enjoying it greatly. Then I suddenly found I was sending in ideas for TV shows and they weren’t getting taken up. I’ve asked around about why I’ve been ignored but I found that people didn’t get back to me.

At the beginning of this year there was a BBC show with four experts saying: “This is going to be the end of all the ice in the Arctic,” and hypothesising that it was going to be the hottest summer ever. Was it hell! It was very cold and very wet and now we’ve seen evidence that the glaciers in Alaska have started growing rapidly – and they’ve not grown for a long time.

I’ve seen evidence, which I believe, that says there has not been a rise in global temperature since 1998, despite the increase in carbon dioxide being pumped into the atmosphere. This makes me think the global warmers are telling lies – carbon dioxide is not the driver.

The idiot fringe have accused me of being like a Holocaust denier, which is ludicrous. Climate change is all about cycles, it’s a natural thing and has always happened. When the Romans lived in Britain they were growing very good red grapes and making wine on the borders of Scotland. It was evidently a lot warmer.

If you were sitting next to me 10,000 years ago we’d be under ice. So thank God for global warming for ending that ice age; we wouldn’t be here otherwise.

People such as former American Vice-President Al Gore say that millions of us will die because of global warming – which I think is a pretty stupid thing to say if you’ve got no proof.

And my opinion is that there is absolutely no proof that carbon dioxide is anything to do with any impending catastrophe. The *science has, quite simply, gone awry. In fact, it’s not even science any more, it’s anti-science.

There’s no proof, it’s just projections and if you look at the models people such as Gore use, you can see they cherry pick the ones that support their beliefs.

To date, the way the so-called Greens and the BBC, the Royal Society and even our political parties have handled this smacks of McCarthyism at its worst.

Global warming is part of a natural cycle and there’s nothing we can actually do to stop these cycles. The world is now facing spending a vast amount of money in tax to try to solve a problem that doesn’t actually exist.

And how were we convinced that this problem exists, even though all the evidence from measurements goes against the fact? God knows. Yes, the lakes in Africa are drying up. But that’s not global warming. They’re drying up for the very *simple reason that most of them have dams around them.

So the water that used to be used by local people is now used in the production of cut flowers and veget*ables for the supermarkets of Europe.

One of Al Gore’s biggest clangers was saying that the Aral Sea in Uzbekistan was drying up because of global warming. Well, everyone knows, because it was all over the news 20 years ago, that the Russians were growing cotton there at the time and that for every ton of cotton you produce you use a vast amount of water.

The thing that annoys me most is that there are genuine environmental problems that desperately require attention. I’m still an environmentalist, I’m still a Green and I’m still campaigning to stop the destruction of the biodiversity of the world. But money will be wasted on trying to solve this global warming “problem” that I would much rather was used for looking after the people of the world.

Being ignored by the likes of the BBC does not really bother me, not when there are much bigger problems at stake.

I might not be on TV any more but I still go around the world campaigning about these important issues. For example, we must stop the dest*ruc*tion of trop*ical rainforests, something I’ve been saying for 35 years.

Mother nature will balance things out but not if we interfere by destroying rainforests and overfishing the seas.

That is where the real environmental catastrophe could occur.

Source

Funny. That's basically what this guy says:

when dealing with chris, it's best to keep in mind that dustin hoffmann played him in the rain man, and even hoffmann couldn't quite capture his vapidity fully. close, but you could still see a hint of intelligence in dustin's eyes.

just an fyi.

when dealing with chris, it's best to keep in mind that dustin hoffmann played him in the rain man, and even hoffmann couldn't quite capture his vapidity fully. close, but you could still see a hint of intelligence in dustin's eyes.

just an fyi.

Thanks for the heads up, stored for future reference.

BTW, nice Elvis Costello sig.

I just saw a program showing the pictures from space and the glaciers are receding.

Excerpt:

ASU geologist Rick Wessels is part of an international team of scientists studying the climate of the entire earth over several years with the Global Land Ice Measurement from Space (GLIMS) project. The team, led by United States Geological Survey (USGS) scientist Hugh Kieffer, is monitoring climate change by tracking the melting of glaciers across the earth. The global scale combined with a long study period will give the scientists the broad perspective needed to determine whether worldwide changes in climate are actually taking place. But in only seven months of monitoring, Wessels has already seen melting in glaciers all over Earth, which provides some solid evidence -- or liquid evidence -- for global warming.

At the Spring Meeting of the American Geophysical Union in Boston, May 29 to June 2, Wessels and co-author Jeff Kargel, a USGS geologist, will present the first round of results from this project in a talk titled "GLIMS: Documenting the Demise of the Earth's Glaciers using ASTER." Wessels will present evidence that thousands of glaciers are melting, corroborating similar arguments made by many other researchers over the last few years. Like shrinking ice cubes in an increasingly steamy atmospheric brew, glaciers around the world appear to be getting thinner or even disappearing entirely, says Wessels. The flooding caused by runoff from these melting glaciers could have disastrous consequences for people living nearby.

Using images of the earth taken from space, Wessels, along with over 50 other GLIMS researchers from 23 countries, is tracking changes in nearly all of the 160,000 glaciers around the world, only about 1,000 of which have been previously studied. Wessels's newest data come from NASA-operated ASTER (Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer), which takes detailed color and infrared images of the entire earth.

Data collection using ASTER is still in the early stages, but by comparing the newest data with older records, Wessels and his colleagues have already noted some major changes in the sizes of many glaciers around the world. "The majority of these glaciers are receding," says Wessels.

Some growing and shrinking is normal for glaciers, and debris-rimmed lakes within some glaciers may come and go. Despite these fluctuations, glaciers usually maintain their size over the long term. But Wessels has seen a shift in the balance of this cycle. "At first glance, there's more shrinkage than growing," he says, "and there's now a trend for the lakes to stay and grow," rather than drying up or freezing over.

The newest images show that, in the Alps, where many years of records track the mountains' ice formations, several glaciers have disappeared in as little as 40 years. In Argentina, glaciers in the Patagonian ice fields have receded by an average of 1.5 kilometers over 13 years. And in the Himalayan mountains, glaciers are losing bulk as continued melting feeds lakes that sometimes run off to flood surrounding areas. Recently, a lake atop one Himalayan glacier threatened to overflow its natural dam within days, forcing local Nepalese engineers to quickly perform a controlled drain.

Because the melting and retreat is occurring at such a rapid pace, Wessels and his colleagues think global warming is the most likely explanation for the loss of glacial ice. "There is definitely a global climate change," Wessels asserts. Whether the climate warming is a natural cycle or caused by human activity, such as burning fossil fuels, is still being debated.

Source:
Science Daily

Melting Glaciers Signal Global Warming
Theyre all full of shit and their phony statistics climate change, global warming all global control tactics... Pictures from space?? at that altitude anything looks very small DOH?!?!?!
Daily Express | Express Yourself :: BBC shunned me for denying climate change

Last edited:

Really? Is that why the last two years have seen record meltbacks of the North Polar Cap? Is that why there is a phenomonem in Alaska called 'drunken forests'? Making up stories to prove a point is hardly a way to impress anyone with any knowledge at all about the subject.

Really? Is that why the last two years have seen record meltbacks of the North Polar Cap? Is that why there is a phenomonem in Alaska called 'drunken forests'? Making up stories to prove a point is hardly a way to impress anyone with any knowledge at all about the subject.
All lies and global control propaganda, i have friends that live in the northern parts of Alaska like i said in an earlier post that couldnt break the ice to fish in june 2008. Your either stupid and dont know WTF your talking about or you buy into any BS propaganda that comes down shit guzzler... thats phenomenal

Last edited:
Some scientists disagree. However, they are in a very small minority. For every scientific society in the world has a policy statement that states that global warming is real, and that the primary driver is anthropogenic GHGs.
Actually, most major scientific societies have issued more recent statements stating that natural causes along with many human activities, not simply the emission of CO2 by man, may contribute to climate change. The AMS, for example, lists natural reasons first among the suspected causes. AMS Information Statement on Climate Change

So to be on the safe side, we should be reducing CO2 emissions as well as reducing the potential for more problematic gases such as methane, from escaping into the atmosphere unburned. A prioritized list to achieve this would look something like this:

1. Use as much nuclear power as possible;
2. Extract natural gas from shallow deposits and utilize it in efficient combustion engines for motive power;
3. Use solar energy only on surfaces that are needed for non power producing activities, such as roofs and suspended above roads and parking lots;
4. Reduce reliance on wind turbines since they may have the potential to change regional or even global wind patterns.

So I can count you in as a red-blooded supporter of these initiatives, right?

No more listening to the GOP that global warming isn't caused by man, just so oil can stay the only option and so companies can continue to pollute.

Even if we are wrong about GW, so what? Going green will get us off foreign oil, it'll improve national security and it'll create jobs. Plus we'll have a cleaner planet.

Just like we would never know if it were up to the GOP about stem cell, we will never know about going green if the GOP have anything to do about it.

Thank God they have no say anymore. For 2 years they should just sit and observe.

Forum List

Back