Global Warming: BFD

Also, how could they know the temperature back then? Are you telling me people had thermometers 60 million years ago? Just thought I'd give you some of your own medicine :2up:

You don't even understand the statistical argument of it.

Hard accurate data the past 20 years,
Rough data the 116 years before that,
And just proxy data before that.
No, I get it but he's talking about the earth's temperature 60 million years ago now, what kind of data would you call that?

Using the tools we have at our disposal you can get with in range of two~four hundred years temperature reading back then with ice and soil core samples...but not year to year , decade to decade. Century to century.

You have experience analyzing ice cores? Sediment cores? Dendrochronology? Other proxies? On what do you base your opinion?

No, dear little idiots, we are worried about the effects of the 0.8 degree increase. Effects we are seeing right now in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and California. But just keep braying, and flap yapping, we will use all of you nonsense against your candidates in 2016.

As far as the GOP is concerned, you really should re-think your positions. The CrusaderFranks have become the face of your party. Ignorant knownothing loudmouths.

Oh look! Liberal States are experiencing the effects of an imaginary left wing nut crisis! In all of the normal sensible states, we call it weather.

You have experience analyzing ice cores? Sediment cores? Dendrochronology? Other proxies? On what do you base your opinion?

Well the ice cores show CO2 lagging climate and never driving it once.

Is modern CO2 different?

Flipping channels last night, a rare TV night and I found a show on Titanoboa, a 50 foot long 2,500 pound snake that lived 60MYA

Titanoboa: Monster Snake

It lived in South America along with 40 foot crocodiles and giant turtles in what must have been a great inland sea -- when the temperature must have been much much much warmer in order to support giant lizards. Did I mention that it was MUCH WARMER?

They estimated at least 10 degrees warmer than today

At least 10 degrees warmer than today

titanoboa-getty-1024x689.jpg

And the morons walking the Earth today are fretting about an imaginary .5 degree increase that was eaten by the ocean
And the snake lived about 65 million years ago long before man walked the earth. A time when most of the recognizable land masses today were covered with water and a period when most large vertebrates became extinct. With a 10 degree rise in world temperatures, life as we know it today would cease to exist.

No Honey Boo Boo. That's the point, there were snakes, crocodiles, turtles, fish and plants, just like today only much much bigger

No, dear little idiots, we are worried about the effects of the 0.8 degree increase. Effects we are seeing right now in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and California. But just keep braying, and flap yapping, we will use all of you nonsense against your candidates in 2016.

As far as the GOP is concerned, you really should re-think your positions. The CrusaderFranks have become the face of your party. Ignorant knownothing loudmouths.

So according to you off your rocker

You make shit up and say 0.8 degree is alarming but that snake lived perfectly well when earths temp was 10 degrees higher ?

Damn off your rocker it seems to me life lived perfectly well with a hotter temperature and they grew into giants...for millions of year's...

Not the small ass creatures we have now...for the past 12,000 years or so.
Why should I even bother with you? You have already proven yourself to be a scientific illiterate. Yes, I do hold you in contempt. Like Crusader Frank, you have the whole world's knowledge at your fingertips, yet all you do is post stupidity. Stop being such a lazy ass, and really look up what the people who study the earth sciences state concerning a rapid increase in temperature.

So you didn't read the OP either

Well the ice cores show CO2 lagging climate and never driving it once.

Is modern CO2 different?

That wasn't the topic Frank. Bear513 made a comment about the resolution of ice core temperature data that was simply false.

Frank, I think you're capable of grasping the current mainstream position re the basic workings of Earth's climate. I think I have to conclude that you continue to talk about the ocean eating temperatures and hidden heat and wisps of CO2 and arrogant claims because you fully understand that if you attempted to present factual points, you would, with that very decision, lose the argument.

Flipping channels last night, a rare TV night and I found a show on Titanoboa, a 50 foot long 2,500 pound snake that lived 60MYA

It lived in South America along with 40 foot crocodiles and giant turtles in what must have been a great inland sea -- when the temperature must have been much much much warmer in order to support giant lizards. Did I mention that it was MUCH WARMER?

And the morons walking the Earth today are fretting about an imaginary .5 degree increase that was eaten by the ocean
And the snake lived about 65 million years ago long before man walked the earth. A time when most of the recognizable land masses today were covered with water and a period when most large vertebrates became extinct. With a 10 degree rise in world temperatures, life as we know it today would cease to exist.

No Honey Boo Boo. That's the point, there were snakes, crocodiles, turtles, fish and plants, just like today only much much bigger
But there were no men that walked the earth and most the recognizable land masses of today were covered by water, not a very hospitable place for modern man.

But there were no men that walked the earth and most the recognizable land masses of today were covered by water, not a very hospitable place for modern man.

There was plenty of land. The lesson is that warmer climate makes living things grow larger so they hysteria over the imaginary "Warmest Summa EVAH!" is just stupid

Check it out. Bergmann's Rule has the deniers in full meltdown mode.

Deniers, what do you see in the far north? Moose or deer? Now which one is bigger? So, why don't you see moose in Texas? Any guesses?

Which creatures can successfully inhabit the deep desert? Would it be the horses, or the much smaller burros?

What do you find in arctic waters, dolphins or the whales?

Hey, overheating is all irrelevant.

Talking to deniers is like talking to children. Idiot children. I don't think a one of 'em has experience making sure a horse doesn't overheat. Or keeping cattle alive in a heat wave. Or even trying to keep themselves from overheating, for that matter, being how the denier crowd here displays zero common-sense experience at all concerning being outdoors in the real world.

Oh, how's California agriculture doing this year? What, down 30%? How can that be, as all the deniers here swear heat is wonderful?

Frank, I think you're capable of grasping the current mainstream position re the basic workings of Earth's climate. I think I have to conclude that you continue to talk about the ocean eating temperatures and hidden heat and wisps of CO2 and arrogant claims because you fully understand that if you attempted to present factual points, you would, with that very decision, lose the argument.

I've said it many, many times already. I find the latest "Oceans ate 93% of the Global Warming" to be your Cult's final death rattle.

We're in the middle of a 2 decade pause which negates your theory and rather than alter your theory, you alter the data set. It's laughable and the only reason the AGWCult hasn't been booted off ever campus from East Angelia to M.I.T is twofold: first, there's a lot of government money going into the AGW Scam, but so what? The universities can live without funding a fraud and second, scientists are not naturally confrontational. It might bother real scientists that you fuckers lie 24/7 but they tend to stick to their knitting and don't bother with your fraud. I know you're full of crap, you demonstrate it constantly. I'm not intimidate by your nonsense and I don't mind, in fact I enjoy the confrontation.

Here's what I understand: it's physically impossible for a wisp of CO2 (120PPM) to provide the missing, imaginary "excess heat" needed to heat the oceans as your failed theory now suggests

Physically impossible

Deniers, what do you see in the far north? Moose or deer? Now which one is bigger? So, why don't you see moose in Texas? Any guesses?

Which creatures can successfully inhabit the deep desert? Would it be the horses, or the much smaller burros?

Talking to deniers is like talking to children. Idiot children. I don't think a one of 'em has experience making sure a horse doesn't overheat. Or keeping cattle alive in a heat wave. Or even trying to keep themselves from overheating, for that matter, being how the denier crowd here displays zero common-sense experience at all concerning being outdoors in the real world.

Oh, how's California agriculture doing this year? What, down 30%? How can that be, as all the deniers here swear heat is wonderful?

But you didn't actually read the OP either, right

Frank, I missed your explanation as to why agricultural output in California has plunged, given how your theory says heat always means more food being produced.

Concerning the OP ... the rational people understand the difference between how the metabolisms of warm and cold blooded beasties work in regards to heat regulation. See any giant mammals there in the heat? No.

Now, if we were raising herds of giant snakes, the heat might help them. Frank, do you believe that farmers have herds of large reptiles?

Frank, I missed your explanation as to why agricultural output in California has plunged, given how your theory says heat always means more food being produced.

Concerning the OP ... the rational people understand the difference between how the metabolisms of warm and cold blooded beasties work in regards to heat regulation. See any giant mammals there in the heat? No.

Now, if we were raising herds of giant snakes, the heat might help them. Frank, do you believe that farmers have herds of large reptiles?

CA output plunged due to Liberals cutting the water supply. Surely even a Liberal can understand that as my friend Ed B likes to point out.

The site they explored was a former Lake which was more suited to reptiles, fish and plants, not mammals, surely even a Liberal can understand that as my friend Ed B likes to point out.

st_augustine_alligator_farm.jpg

Liberals, they're just not too bright

Oh, so now you say heat makes for more food production, except when it doesn't. Because temperature, rainfall and soil moisture are never tied together, you know. Rainfall is entirely controlled by the VastLiberalConspiracy.

That's why nobody should pay attention to denier science. It's so detached from the real world that it would kill millions, if deniers were allowed to implement policy based on it.

Failure to control for other variables. A CORRECT comparison would be between Minnesota and say Kenya or Washington state and the Congo. Where the amount of rainfall and soil fertility has a chance of matching.

California drought is virtually irrelevant to temperature 8 months a year. NEVER any significant precip in those months. Rains come during the winter months. And IIRC --- warmer moister winters were SUPPOSED to be a general side effect of GW.. Warmer winters causing LESS precip? I guess that's a claim also.. What HASN'T been claimed??

Failure to control for other variables. A CORRECT comparison would be between Minnesota and say Kenya or Washington state and the Congo. Where the amount of rainfall and soil fertility has a chance of matching.

California drought is virtually irrelevant to temperature 8 months a year. NEVER any significant precip in those months. Rains come during the winter months. And IIRC --- warmer moister winters were SUPPOSED to be a general side effect of GW.. Warmer winters causing LESS precip? I guess that's a claim also.. What HASN'T been claimed??

It depends if its left-handed or right handed CO2, one causes droughts and forest fires, the other floods and record snow

There was plenty of land. The lesson is that warmer climate makes living things grow larger so they hysteria over the imaginary "Warmest Summa EVAH!" is just stupid
Yes there was land, not near as much as there is today. The United States was much smaller. The eastern and western seaboard was under water as was most of Mexico and Central America. The American plains where we grow most of our grains was a rain forest.

A temperature change to what it was more than 65 million years ago would not produce anything even close to the plant and animal life that existed then because the base line of existing species is far different.

Forum List

Back