Global Warming and America

Vintij

Feb 13, 2007
Anaheim, CA
Sure we spent 4.3 billion dollars on failed greenhouse gas regulations in the past 4 years. And sure the climate is not much warmer than it was in 1940 but what people dont realize is that the evidence is in the polar ice caps and this is just a theory right now. The global warming community wants this to be an issue BEFORE it gets to be a problem! Thats the point, Its not effecting us right now but there is scientific proof that the ice caps are melting at a very slow rate. We might not be getting warmer here in civilization but the ocean current is definitely being affected by the ice caps and IS causing the oceans to shift and get warmer very slowly which in turn causes climate changes (record hot weather, record cold weather, record storms recorded, floods) All of these records were broken just in the past year. Just because this weather is not consistent does not mean we can ignore the signs.I believe Every year the record will be broken for most hurricanes in a season I can guarantee it. Everyone needs to understand its not about us saving money using the abundance of oil we have on earth, its about us at least getting people to consider one day doing something about this problem for future generations. Thats the problem with the majority of america right now, we are to busy getting offended, imposing our ethics about stem cells, onto everyone and caring about ourselves right now to give a crap about the benefits we can give to future generations. Not to mention all of our tax dollars and attention is being spent on getting revenge in iraq for 9-11. Revenge? I thought you were christians!

Sure we spent 4.3 billion dollars on failed greenhouse gas regulations in the past 4 years. And sure the climate is not much warmer than it was in 1940 but what people dont realize is that the evidence is in the polar ice caps and this is just a theory right now. The global warming community wants this to be an issue BEFORE it gets to be a problem! Thats the point, Its not effecting us right now but there is scientific proof that the ice caps are melting at a very slow rate. We might not be getting warmer here in civilization but the ocean current is definitely being affected by the ice caps and IS causing the oceans to shift and get warmer very slowly which in turn causes climate changes (record hot weather, record cold weather, record storms recorded, floods) All of these records were broken just in the past year. Just because this weather is not consistent does not mean we can ignore the signs.I believe Every year the record will be broken for most hurricanes in a season I can guarantee it. Everyone needs to understand its not about us saving money using the abundance of oil we have on earth, its about us at least getting people to consider one day doing something about this problem for future generations. Thats the problem with the majority of america right now, we are to busy getting offended, imposing our ethics about stem cells, onto everyone and caring about ourselves right now to give a crap about the benefits we can give to future generations. Not to mention all of our tax dollars and attention is being spent on getting revenge in iraq for 9-11. Revenge? I thought you were christians!

Welcome to the board. Please search for one of the MANY threads on global warming on the boards and add to the discussion. Replying to a new thread with the same stuff again is too exhausting. We also have many threads on the other topics you hit in there like 9/11, stem cells, etc.

Sure we spent 4.3 billion dollars on failed greenhouse gas regulations in the past 4 years. And sure the climate is not much warmer than it was in 1940 but what people dont realize is that the evidence is in the polar ice caps and this is just a theory right now. The global warming community wants this to be an issue BEFORE it gets to be a problem! Thats the point, Its not effecting us right now but there is scientific proof that the ice caps are melting at a very slow rate.

I'm going to hazard to guess that you opposed Bush's policy of removing Saddam BEFORE he became an imminent terrorist threat. There was far more cause to act in his case than in the thin, data-poor, faulty computer model driven hysteria of GW.

Just for giggles, I'm going to recommend that you read Crichton's "State of Fear".

actually i opposed to invading iraq under false pretences that they were a nuclear threat which we proved saddam was not BEFORE we invaded. Acually no your right, we didnt prove anything and thats the reason we should not have invaded iraq just to please the angry american people who wanted blood shed in reaction to 9-11. There were NO Al quada ties to Saddam before we invaded. We all know he was a ruthless dictator but that is not our problem, kim jung il ruthless dictator, why are we not invading north korea? why are we not invading iran who feeds iraqi insurgents military weapons? Which our arms dealers sold to them might i add. Are you going to sit there and tell me that there is a legitimate reason we invaded iraq OTHER than war profiteering, are you going to sit there and tell me we were not lied to? Are you going to literally sit there and tell me that we brought peace to iraq and did not attract even more terrorists and insurgents? Even if GW is a myth, i would rather spend my tax dollars on reasearch than sending 20,000 more troops to baghdad to equal a grand total of just about as many troops as we had there 3 years ago. Congress would have to be spineless to allow this to happen again.

actually i opposed to invading iraq under false pretences that they were a nuclear threat which we proved saddam was not BEFORE we invaded. Acually no your right, we didnt prove anything and thats the reason we should not have invaded iraq just to please the angry american people who wanted blood shed in reaction to 9-11. There were NO Al quada ties to Saddam before we invaded. We all know he was a ruthless dictator but that is not our problem, kim jung il ruthless dictator, why are we not invading north korea? why are we not invading iran who feeds iraqi insurgents military weapons? Which our arms dealers sold to them might i add. Are you going to sit there and tell me that there is a legitimate reason we invaded iraq OTHER than war profiteering, are you going to sit there and tell me we were not lied to? Are you going to literally sit there and tell me that we brought peace to iraq and did not attract even more terrorists and insurgents? Even if GW is a myth, i would rather spend my tax dollars on reasearch than sending 20,000 more troops to baghdad to equal a grand total of just about as many troops as we had there 3 years ago. Congress would have to be spineless to allow this to happen again.

kchhhhhrrrrrrrct, kchhhhhhrrrrrrrrct, kchhhhhhhhrrrrrrrct.........do you hear that, that is the sound of a broken old record just repeating the same old crap, really doesn't matter about truth.....as long as you can get a majority to believe it that's all that matters, right?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you are going to last around here, you need to learn to use paragraphs correctly and you need to bring something to the table other than talking points. You'll also need to research what has been posted 1000 times already so they you don't look foolish repeating debunked talking points.

This should help get you started on the road to recovery.
http://usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=528941&postcount=87

I really do recommend using using paragraphs. It's just common courtesy and makes the discussions much easier to follow.

The reasons we went into Iraq weren't that difficult to understand. I can't imagine why there are so many people who simply refuse to acknowledge why.

We have details of stories and reports of Osama meeting with Saddam, of weapons etc. Insein has provided an incredible amount of information supporting it. I don't know why you want to ignore the information, but I think it's incredibly dangerous to do so.

We went into Iraq because of 9/11. Not because they caused it, no one ever made that argument although every liberal wants to attack that straw man. No, 9/11 was a wake up call, atleast for half of the USA, to the threat of Militant Islamic fascism. They attacked us multiple times in the 90s and we were asleep. We didn't think they could bring the war here. We didnt even think of it as a war. But 9/11 woke us up to the realization that there are people out there that want to wipe us off the face of the earth. And they don't care if we are liberal or conservative, they want us dead or subjugated to them.

This threat is not going to go away by ignoring it and refusing to fight the terrorists. Quite the opposite, they will grow embolden and become even more anxious to bring the fight to us. We are in a war, not because of anything we did, but because there are bunch of evil men out there who want to kill us. They aren't going to stop even if we pulled our troops back within our borders and ignored the world. Everytime we've done that we've just been called out to fight another World War.

In light of what we know about our enemies, leaving Saddam Hussein was a liability. We swore after 9/11 that we would fight the terrorists and the nations that support them. It would have been irresponsible to leave Iraq in the hands of such a thug. And the time will come when we have to take care of things with Iran, because they support terror as well.

Sometimes I wonder how many times history has to repeat itself before people will stand up to evil at its first appearance rather than waiting for it to grow until it nearly overwhelms us. Evil wins when good men do nothing. And Im tired of the left proposing we do nothing.

[1]..... The global warming community wants this to be an issue BEFORE it gets to be a problem!

[2]...all of our tax dollars and attention is being spent on getting revenge in iraq for 9-11. Revenge? I thought you were christians!

1. So we can expect that this same "global warming community" fervorently supports nuclear power, right?
2. All of our tax dollars? Letting that faux pas slide for a moment, Is it revenge that is our goal? If not, why so much effort building Democracy there?

If building democracy for an unwilling, scared, and violently divided country like iraq is the answer to overcoming the global threat of terrorism, then lets impose what few troops we have to all the religion divided countries in the world and see what we have left to defend OURSELVES from things like invasion, natural disaters and chemical bombings.

We cant make everyone love eachother by making everyone hate US, were talking hundreds of years of religious beliefs and extreme muslim violence that cant be changed by bringing more violence and two elections. We need those troop here for things like katrina, and for things like national security at our boarders.

I understand that Iraq had the aluminum in hopes of one day aquiring a uranium enrichment program but lets face it, they never had the resources for that kind of project. And they never would with UN sanctions. Trust me, the majority of the american people, would agree that the world is not any safer for americans or anyone else since the invasion. Infact the invasion gives all the scatterd terrorists a reason to flock to iraq and kill american soldiers,(our family) similar to viatnam, and the bay of pigs.

if you look up "failed US invasion" on google. Guess whats in the top 3 hits?

2003 invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia............that

And finally it was 2 whole years since US intelligence had any credible lead to Osama bin Laden's whereabouts. If 9-11 was a wake up call, then we sure took a long time to wake up. Our efforts should be on osama bin laden, higher intelligence technology and national security. That way next time we get word that anyone is planning an attack or IS ernriching uranium. We will know to act physically or diplomatically, and actually THINK about the aftermath of an invasion before we are stuck in the middle of a century long civil and spiritual war.

sorry for curving the main Global Warming point. Im new here.

Forum List

Back