Global Warming Activist, Journalist, freeze to death in Antarctica

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
there are better ways to "raise awareness" on an issue than revealing that you, your wife and all your friends are complete idiots that don't know when winter is at the South Pole or that "Chile" is not pronounced "chilly"

Good grief, get a load of these comments ... not to mention the infamous last words of the Global Warming Believer: "HELP - COLD" Damn. Beliefs aren't worth dying for. What you know to be TRUE, is.

Quote:

Global Warming Activist, Journalist, Perish in Antarctica

Global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist were found frozen to death only 90 miles from their destination, South Pole Station, seen here during the warm season.

(Punta Arenas, Chile) Famed global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist friend were both found frozen to death on Saturday, about 90 miles from South Pole Station, by the pilot of a ski plane practicing emergency evacuation procedures.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing", recounted the pilot, Jimmy Dolittle. "There were two snowmobiles with cargo sleds, a tent, and a bright orange rope that had been laid out on the ice, forming the words, 'HELP-COLD'".

One friend of Prof. Schneider told ecoEnquirer that he had been planning a trip to an ice sheet to film the devastation brought on by global warming. His wife, Linda, said that she had heard him discussing the trip with his environmental activist friends, but she assumed that he was talking about the Greenland ice sheet, a much smaller ice sheet than Antarctica.

"He kept talking about when they 'get down to chili', and I thought they were talking about the order in which they would consume their food supplies", Mrs. Schneider recounted. "I had no idea they were talking about Chile, the country from which you usually fly or sail in order to reach Antarctica".

Apparently, while all of Prof. Schneider's friends were assuming that the July trek would be to Greenland, during Northern Hemisphere summer, his plans were actually to snowmobile to the South Pole - which, in July, is in the dead of winter.

Mr. Dolittle related how some people do not realize that, even if there has been warming in Antarctica, the average temperature at the South Pole in July still runs about 70 degrees F below zero. "Some people think that July is warm everywhere on Earth."

"And I was surprised to see how close they got to South Pole Station. They ran through all of their gas supplies for the snowmobiles", explained Doolittle. "They had cold weather gear and clothes, but during this time of year you just don't go outside unless it is an emergency."

"At least James died for something he believed in", said Mrs. Schneider. "He died while trying to raise awareness of the enormous toll that global warming is taking on the Earth."

It was a demonstration of stupidity. Not something heroic. This guy was a leading activist regarding Global Warming? I also think just the word "HELP" would have sufficed. COLD is kind of redundant in the Antarctica. Like it's ever anything else?

And people wonder why we hold academia in such disdain.

His wife thought when he was talking "chile" he meant Hormel?

He can't have been an academic, because they could say 'help - cold' in two words. They would have spelled out. 'Evidence suggests that the average temperature here is significantly cooler than at first had been anticipated'.

Mr. Dolittle related how some people do not realize that, even if there has been warming in Antarctica, the average temperature at the South Pole in July still runs about 70 degrees F below zero. "Some people think that July is warm everywhere on Earth."
-----------------------------

That should have been the satire tip-off. They're playing into the meme that "scientists don't know what they're talking about". What could be dumber than actually believing that a reknowned scientist didn't realize it was winter in Antarctica or that July meant it was warm? This just shows that many who deride AGW, don't really have a clue and are basing their whole position on politics rather than science.

-----------------------------

That should have been the satire tip-off. They're playing into the meme that "scientists don't know what they're talking about". What could be dumber than actually believing that a reknowned scientist didn't realize it was winter in Antarctica or that July meant it was warm? This just shows that many who deride AGW, don't really have a clue and are basing their whole position on politics rather than science.

I know you were trying to turn this whole thing around and make a case for AGW out of it. But.....

Here is a tip on comedy.... If ya have to explain the joke, tell people why its funny, or analyze it.... it won't be funny anymore, and you will then be the joke...:lol:

Forum List

Back