GLOBAL THREAT - Taal Volcano

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
Taal volcano eruption could be a threat to millions and the global climate

The Taal volcano is one of a dozen large active volcanoes in the Philippines and has recently shown signs of how active it really is by spewing ash, water vapour and other gases high up into the atmosphere. The volcano is located only 60 kilometres from Manila, the country’s capital, so authorities have urged more than half a million people in the metro and surrounding areas to evacuate.

The Weather Network - Taal volcano eruption could be a threat to millions and the global climate

Where in the hell are a half a million people going to go?

It ain't like there are that many hotel rooms.

At the center of the Western Pacific's "Ring of Fire," Taal spews ash and rocks and volcanologists warn of “imminent disaster” for metropolitan Manila, population 20 million.

Taal Volcano in the Philippines, rising more than 1,000 feet above a crater lake 30 miles south of Manila, could erupt in full force at any time. Already it’s been shooting geysers of ash half a mile high for more than three days, coating roads, cars, plants, animals and just about everything else all the way to the capital.

Fissures were seen on nearby rocks amid fears an explosion might send streams of red-hot magma out of the volcano after lava already had burst from its core when it first exploded Sunday.

Taal Volcano Eruption in the Philippines is Looking Bad, with Worse to Come

Wonder where the smart asses are....... who know it all .

The Taal volcano is one of a dozen large active volcanoes in the Philippines and has recently shown signs of how active it really is by spewing ash, water vapour and other gases high up into the atmosphere. The volcano is located only 60 kilometres from Manila, the country’s capital, so authorities have urged more than half a million people in the metro and surrounding areas to evacuate.

The Weather Network - Taal volcano eruption could be a threat to millions and the global climate

I agree and because of the tons upon tons of CO2 green house gas it's venting, I think we need to plug that sucker up with climate change freaks ASAP.

We had a lousy growing season last year...floods at the beginning of the year destroyed alot of grain stored in silos...Food prices have risen seriously...And now this.

If ash blocks out part of the sun...we could be in serious trouble concerning food!

I agree and because of the tons upon tons of CO2 green house gas it's venting, I think we need to plug that sucker up with climate change freaks ASAP.

CO2 you dumb ass!! LOL

Has Al Gore got on that internet thingy he invented yet and offered to fix the problem for a few trillion dollars???

I demand you stop the volcanoes! They have stolen my childhood!

image.jpg

Forum List

Back