Global temperature has not risen in 15 years....

I work on a UK island in the south Atlantic. Im as American as one can be.

The fact is its a fact CO2 does in effect provide a green house effect. If I have to fly on of you knuckle draggin Republicans to Mercury (the planet) to show you the green house effect sort of blows. Since I work for the space program, maybe I can arrange that as soon as Newty wins office, what say you knuckle head GOPers???? I buy, YOU FLY!

Honestly, study our own solar system a tad, would ya. Green house effect is a very real thing. I am of the camp that thinks we are not helping but its not all our fault. Planets are typically living, breathing mounds of space derbies and gases, with the proper conditions, our own planet can cause massive climate change. I would think its common sense to realize we are not making things better.

Well, Mr. Spaceman, you might actually want to study the solar system yourself as it will be difficult to illustrate the greenhouse effect with a planet that has little to no atmosphere...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_(planet)

Forgive him

the cleaning chemicals are getting to him,,,
:eusa_whistle:

Honestly, study our own solar system a tad, would ya. Green house effect is a very real thing. I am of the camp that thinks we are not helping but its not all our fault. Planets are typically living, breathing mounds of space derbies and gases, with the proper conditions, our own planet can cause massive climate change. I would think its common sense to realize we are not making things better.

Mercury doesn't have an atmosphere, so I doubt the greenhouse effect is operating there.

Your knowledge of astronomy is somewhere South of nonexistent, but you claim to work for the space program? What do you do, tune up their vehicles?

it does lack a substantial atmosphere, and why is that???? lol, for half of Mercurys year, it does have a strong atmosphere, the other half, the sun cooks the gases into a cool looking tail that follows the planet on its orbit.

watch Mercury close enough for a full revolution, you will see the meanest global warming scenario imaginable.

if I must, to slow things down, lets use Venus then. go on, WIKI that bud.

Mercury’s Atmosphere

Mercury’s original atmosphere dissipated shortly after the planet formed 4.6 billion years ago with the rest of the Solar System. This was because of Mercury’s lower gravity, and because it’s so close to the Sun and receives the constant buffeting from its solar wind. Its current atmosphere is almost negligible.

"Negligible" means that is doesn't exist for all effective purposes. It's a better vacuum than can be achieved with most machinery on Earth.

Global warming has nothing to do with Mercury's "climate." The fact that it's one third the distance to the Sun as the Earth is the reason it's hot.

Last edited:
So contrary to the bullshine Al Gore has been spurting; the global warming argument for C02 driving the temperature in our atmosphere is dead in the water.

As Reported by the Daily Mail:

Global warming has halted: That's what happened to 'warmest year on record' | Mail Online

:clap2: A main stream media outlet spurting a bit of truth for once.

The Climate Gate scandal 1 & 2.0 proved that this Global Warming scam is just a criminal conspiracy, but still Al Gore is peddling it! I think it is time for the people to demand an investigation into Al Gore for possible fraud. He is clearly making millions of dollars off of peddling the 'GREEN LIE'.

Will any laws passed this far be removed from the statute?

What do you guys think?

Temperatures are rising faster in some places than in others. The Arctic has warmed by as much as 3–4 degrees Celsius (5–7 degrees Fahrenheit) since the 1950s. It is heating up at twice the rate of the earth on average, making it the fastest-warming region on the planet.

Eco-Economy Indicators - Global Temperature | EPI

Nothing in the hacked scientist e-mails prove anyting near a criminal conspiricy.

House of Commons - The disclosure of climate data from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia - Science and Technology Committee

20110105_Figure3.png

So contrary to the bullshine Al Gore has been spurting; the global warming argument for C02 driving the temperature in our atmosphere is dead in the water.

Global warming has halted: That's what happened to 'warmest year on record' | Mail Online

The Climate Gate scandal 1 & 2.0 proved that this Global Warming scam is just a criminal conspiracy, but still Al Gore is peddling it! I think it is time for the people to demand an investigation into Al Gore for possible fraud. He is clearly making millions of dollars off of peddling the 'GREEN LIE'.

What do you guys think?

What's your next thread? Smoking doesn't cause lung cancer?

What do you guys think?

And what's your next post.... tomatoes make great coffee cups?

What do you guys think?

What's my point?

The tobacco industry had a vested interest in denying that smoking caused cancer. And to that end, they engaged in a decades-long PR campaign to obfuscate the medical science behind all the studies to the contrary. Now, if you don't smoke, and nobody in your family smokes, I guess maybe that's not a big deal to you. But I think that by now, EVERYONE understands that cancer is, in fact, caused by smoking.

Now, here we are years later. And we have a very powerful group of people who are benefiting from the oil and coal industry which just so happens to pump massive quantities of CO2 into the air. And they hire people to minimize the impact of that CO2. These people also attempt to debunk global warming. I understand THEIR motives.

I don't understand the motives of average conservatives who are not directly economically dependent on the oil and coal industry. You guys just seem to blindly follow where ever those special interest sell outs decide you should be led.

Last edited:
Earth Day predictions of 1970- Why you shouldn't put much faith in nutroot predictions

Hey, we got it right this time- trust us
:eusa_whistle:

See the Great Left Mind at work
some were "peer reviewed" of course

Here are some of the hilarious, spectacularly wrong predictions made on the occasion of Earth Day 1970.
“We have about five more years at the outside to do something.”
• Kenneth Watt, ecologist

“Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”
• George Wald, Harvard Biologist

“We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation.”
• Barry Commoner, Washington University biologist

“Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.”
• New York Times editorial, the day after the first Earth Day

“Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”
• Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University biologist

“By…[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.”

“It is already too late to avoid mass starvation.”
• Denis Hayes, chief organizer for Earth Day

“Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”
• Peter Gunter, professor, North Texas State University

“Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….”
• Life Magazine, January 1970

“At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.”
• Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

Stanford's Paul Ehrlich announces that the sky is falling.
“Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.”

“We are prospecting for the very last of our resources and using up the nonrenewable things many times faster than we are finding new ones.”
• Martin Litton, Sierra Club director

“By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’”

“Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.”
• Sen. Gaylord Nelson

“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”

They’ve been making the same predictions for 39 years. And they’re going to continue making them until…well…forever.

What's my point?

The tobacco industry had a vested interest in deny that smoking caused cancer. And to that end, they engaged in a decades-long PR campaign to obfuscate the medical science behind all the studies to the contrary. Now, if you don't smoke, and nobody in your family smokes, I guess maybe that's not a big deal to you. But I think that by now, EVERYONE understands that cancer is, in fact, caused by smoking.

Now, here we are years later. And we have a very powerful group of people who are benefiting from the oil and coal industry which just so happens to pump massive quantities of CO2 into the air. And they hire people to minimize the impact of that CO2. These people also attempt to debunk global warming. I understand THEIR motives.

I don't understand the motives of average conservatives who are not directly economically dependent on the oil and coal industry. You guys just seem to blindly follow where ever those special interest sell outs decide you should be led.

Really? I don't smoke because you know what? I didn't need to be told that INHALING SMOKE CAN'T BE GOOD FOR YOU.

Cancer is not caused by smoking... yet smoking certainly contributes to your chances of contracting cancer. My grandmother died from lung cancer, never smoked a day in her life. My mother died at the age of 92 of natural causes, smoked since the age of 15.

What's my point?

The tobacco industry had a vested interest in deny that smoking caused cancer. And to that end, they engaged in a decades-long PR campaign to obfuscate the medical science behind all the studies to the contrary. Now, if you don't smoke, and nobody in your family smokes, I guess maybe that's not a big deal to you. But I think that by now, EVERYONE understands that cancer is, in fact, caused by smoking.

Really? I don't smoke because you know what? I didn't need to be told that INHALING SMOKE CAN'T BE GOOD FOR YOU.

Cancer is not caused by smoking... yet smoking certainly contributes to your chances of contracting cancer. My grandmother died from lung cancer, never smoked a day in her life. My mother died at the age of 92 of natural causes, smoked since the age of 15.

In one breath you say that you "didn't need to be told that INHALING SMOKE CAN'T BE GOOD FOR YOU." Then you say that cancer is not caused by smoking. Curious.

Of COURSE, not everyone who smokes will get cancer. If that were the case, probably only suicidal people would smoke. And of course, not ALL lung cancer is caused by smoking. But there is zero medical doubt that smoking cigarettes, with all the tar and additives, will cause damage to the lungs, and quite likely cause malignant tumorous growths (otherwise known as cancer).

Now, maybe you're not aware of it, but in the 1950's, some cigarette makers actually advertised the "medical benefits" of smoking, not that there were any REAL benefits. Even doctors and the AMA concurred at the time.

But don't kid yourself, the cigarette makers knew for decades that smoking was deleterious to one's health. That didn't stop them from selling the product, did it? But perhaps it explains why they manipulated (raised) the level of nicotine in their product to make it more addictive.

Back to global warming. Like I said, I understand why the oil and coal industry wants to cast extreme doubt on global warming in general and the cumulative effect of increased CO2 in the atmosphere. I just don't understand why middle class conservatives are so gullible as to believe their claims when it's clear that the long (and sordid) history of corporate self-interest is to put profit (in this case, MASSIVE profit) ahead of public health concerns.

Last edited:
I hear you

did you ever see

The NYT Has Been Predicting Polar Ice Melt for 128 Years

no doubt these were "peer reviewed" as well

1881: “This past Winter, both inside and outside the Arctic circle, appears to have been unusually mild. The ice is very light and rapidly melting …”
1932: “NEXT GREAT DELUGE FORECAST BY SCIENCE; Melting Polar Ice Caps to Raise the Level of Seas and Flood the Continents”
1934: “New Evidence Supports Geology’s View That the Arctic Is Growing Warmer”
1937: “Continued warm weather at the Pole, melting snow and ice.”
1954: “The particular point of inquiry concerns whether the ice is melting at such a rate as to imperil low-lying coastal areas through raising the level of the sea in the near future.”
1957: “U.S. Arctic Station Melting”
1958: “At present, the Arctic ice pack is melting away fast. Some estimates say that it is 40 per cent thinner and 12 per cent smaller than it was fifteen years [ago].”
1959: “Will the Arctic Ocean soon be free of ice?”
1971: “STUDY SAYS MAN ALTERS CLIMATE; U.N. Report Links Melting of Polar Ice to His Activities”
1979: “A puzzling haze over the Arctic ice packs has been identified as a byproduct of air pollution, a finding that may support predictions of a disastrous melting of the earth’s ice caps.”
1982: “Because of global heating attributed to an increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide from fuel burning, about 20,000 cubic miles of polar ice has melted in the past 40 years, apparently contributing to a rise in sea levels …”
1999: “Evidence continues to accumulate that the frozen world of the Arctic and sub-Arctic is thawing.”
2000: “The North Pole is melting. The thick ice that has for ages covered the Arctic Ocean at the pole has turned to water, recent visitors there reported yesterday.”
2002: “The melting of Greenland glaciers and Arctic Ocean sea ice this past summer reached levels not seen in decades, scientists reported today.”
2004: “There is an awful lot of Arctic and glacial ice melting.”
2005: “Another melancholy gathering of climate scientists presented evidence this month that the Antarctic ice shelf is melting – a prospect difficult to imagine a decade ago.”

Forum List

Back