Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world has policy statements that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. Against that we have bozos with less than a third grade science education making unsupported claims. LOL Oh, who to believe.
Two fallacies in one sentence: Appeal to authority and bandwagon fallacy.

Every university and scientific society has a self serving motive for supporting this hoax - money, being the primary one.

post one prediction that has come true.
You are such a dumb little fuck. The Northwest Passage has been open several times since 2007. In 2016, open enough for a 1000 passenger cruise ship to make the passage.

And increase in extreme weather events was predicted and we have seen that in spades.

Increase in severe droughts in drought prone areas.

Increase in wildfire risk'
1641842408408.png

Significant changes in the jet stream;

Attachments

• 1641842767311.png
    1641842767311.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 14
Two fallacies in one sentence: Appeal to authority and bandwagon fallacy.

Every university and scientific society has a self serving motive for supporting this hoax - money, being the primary one.
And I bet that if you get cancer you will ask for an auto mechanic to fix it. LOL Yes, when there is a problem, one goes to someone that has authority in that discipline. Not some dope on an anonymous message board.

One for every silly lying post you make. Make some posts based on reality and not your fear of change.
Fuck me, all your posts need a thumbs down then.

My posts are based on reality. Here's three.

1. I can't charge my EV (if I owned one) from my upstairs apartment in Scotland.

2. A Solar panel survey on my apartment states the payback is -£1805 over the lifespan of the panels.

3. The price difference between an exact new EV van over it's new ICE version from the Vauxhall dealer in the UK means, it's more expensive to go electric for the first 200,000+ miles before it becomes cheaper to own.

There's 3 real life examples for you to thumbs down.

Also, I have pointed out the conditions the dinosaurs lived in, according to scientists. Now I'm sure if we look back, you gave thumbs down for the facts with links that I posted. So you've just lied again.

You are an habitual liar.

And I bet that if you get cancer you will ask for an auto mechanic to fix it. LOL Yes, when there is a problem, one goes to someone that has authority in that discipline. Not some dope on an anonymous message board.
and yet here you are.

1. I can't charge my EV (if I owned one) from my upstairs apartment in Scotland.

2. A Solar panel survey on my apartment states the payback is -£1805 over the lifespan of the panels.

3. The price difference between an exact new EV van over it's new ICE version from the Vauxhall dealer in the UK means, it's more expensive to go electric for the first 200,000+ miles before it becomes cheaper to own.

Also, I have pointed out the conditions the dinosaurs lived in, according to scientists. Now I'm sure if we look back, you gave thumbs down for the facts with links that I posted. So you've just lied again.

I'm confident the northwest passage didn't exist back then, so being open or not would be difficult to resolve. That's the issue he has, he can't get in where reality exists. He thinks boats are traversing the northwest passage today.

I'm confident the northwest passage didn't exist back then, so being open or not would be difficult to resolve. That's the issue he has, he can't get in where reality exists. He thinks boats are traversing the northwest passage today.
And I am confident that you don't even know what the Northwest or Northeast Passages are.

A Scot, eh? Well, most Scots I have met were not whiners that are unable to solve simple problems. So, because solar is not a particularly good option where you live, it is not a good option anywhere. Real sound reasoning there, old boy.

You are correct concerning the present price of EV's, especially for work vehicles. By 2025, I expect to see them on parity in price with ICE vehicles, and far cheaper in 2030.

A Scot, eh? Well, most Scots I have met were not whiners that are unable to solve simple problems. So, because solar is not a particularly good option where you live, it is not a good option anywhere. Real sound reasoning there, old boy.

You are correct concerning the present price of EV's, especially for work vehicles. By 2025, I expect to see them on parity in price with ICE vehicles, and far cheaper in 2030.
No, I was born in England, father Scottish and mother English. Lived within a stone's throw of the English / Scottish border all my life, I travel it every day. Live in Scotland with my girlfriend.

If I lived in a sunny climate, if I had the money, I would be stupid not to have solar. But there again, being 55, i doubt it would wise to invest in solar because how many years would I benefit after the pay back period, assuming I lived in a sunny climate. Also, is it something you can unbolt and take with you when you move house?

With EV vehicles, just have to wait and see. Current circumstances and prices makes them a no. The political movement is to scrap ICE vehicles, so the ones left running will be museum pieces and those taking them out in the summer for a week or two. But, as it's not feasible to flatten millions of homes and rebuild them with parking and charge points, technology will have to substantially increase to make them equally convenient as an ICE vehicle.

I am not against EV's, but I can't close my eyes and envisage this dream many pro-EVers have, because reality is currently different, and I'm just simply pointing out realistic circumstances.

Nuclear is the least affordable option to decarburization.
This is my take on nuclear. Michael Shellenberger championed renewables under Obama, so Obama's government invested billions of dollars. But now, Shellenberger claims he was wrong, renewables won't save the planet, but nuclear will. Nuclear or wind mill, if the electric is cheap, I'll buy it.

So here is Shellenberger's interesting video

So, is Shellenberger right or wrong, because climate change protestors always site work from qualified people, and Michael is well qualified.

No, I was born in England, father Scottish and mother English. Lived within a stone's throw of the English / Scottish border all my life, I travel it every day. Live in Scotland with my girlfriend.

If I lived in a sunny climate, if I had the money, I would be stupid not to have solar. But there again, being 55, i doubt it would wise to invest in solar because how many years would I benefit after the pay back period, assuming I lived in a sunny climate. Also, is it something you can unbolt and take with you when you move house?

With EV vehicles, just have to wait and see. Current circumstances and prices makes them a no. The political movement is to scrap ICE vehicles, so the ones left running will be museum pieces and those taking them out in the summer for a week or two. But, as it's not feasible to flatten millions of homes and rebuild them with parking and charge points, technology will have to substantially increase to make them equally convenient as an ICE vehicle.

I am not against EV's, but I can't close my eyes and envisage this dream many pro-EVers have, because reality is currently different, and I'm just simply pointing out realistic circumstances.
OK, we live in different circumstances. While we are north of the 45th, we are hardly as far north as you are. So solar is a very viable option here. I agree present prices for EV's are high, but that will rapidly change as the Chinese EV's enter the market. The political movement is based on the damage they do to the environment and health.

Interesting that you are 1/2 Scot. The area where I was mostly raised had a lot of Scottish immigrants. In fact, the town of Burns, Oregon, is named for Robert Burns.

This is my take on nuclear. Michael Shellenberger championed renewables under Obama, so Obama's government invested billions of dollars. But now, Shellenberger claims he was wrong, renewables won't save the planet, but nuclear will. Nuclear or wind mill, if the electric is cheap, I'll buy it.

So here is Shellenberger's interesting video

So, is Shellenberger right or wrong, because climate change protestors always site work from qualified people, and Michael is well qualified.

According to Lazard, nuclear is very expensive. Also, a long time in building. Plus, I like the fact that, as a home owner, I can install solar and batteries, be independent of the grid if it goes down, and sell power to the grid most of the time. Here in Oregon, pretty much in any of the climate zones here, summer is very sunny, and winter quite windy. So a mix of solar and wind is ideal. Plus, of course, we have the great dams on the Columbia. Right now, most of the wind power being built is financed out of California, so most of the power from them is going south. However, a grid from the Idaho border to Klamath Falls would pick up both very high wind and solar potential, plus many possible geothermal areas. Most of that land is BLM, and, since most wind turbines pay $5000 a year to the farmers, that being government land, those same earnings could be applied to our National Parks and Forests. I will post the Lazard analysis below.

OK, we live in different circumstances. While we are north of the 45th, we are hardly as far north as you are. So solar is a very viable option here. I agree present prices for EV's are high, but that will rapidly change as the Chinese EV's enter the market. The political movement is based on the damage they do to the environment and health.

Interesting that you are 1/2 Scot. The area where I was mostly raised had a lot of Scottish immigrants. In fact, the town of Burns, Oregon, is named for Robert Burns.
Robert Burns is a Scottish national hero, but, he shagged everything that moved, died of syphilis at a young age and apparently wrote fantastic poems and lyrics. Ask any Scotchman to list Burns's works, they say Auld Lang Syne and that's it.

One thing is for sure, if I had to succumb to an EV, I would rather walk than buy Chinese junk.

Robert Burns is a Scottish national hero, but, he shagged everything that moved, died of syphilis at a young age and apparently wrote fantastic poems and lyrics. Ask any Scotchman to list Burns's works, they say Auld Lang Syne and that's it.

One thing is for sure, if I had to succumb to an EV, I would rather walk than buy Chinese junk.
I made a funny on that, because that is exactly what we said of the Japanese cars when they first were brought over. Then came the 240Z. And then we noticed that they were lasting 200,000 to 250,000 miles, and just sipping at the gas as compared to Detroit steel. The real danger of the Chinese economy is that they may very well follow the Japanese path and out engineer us here in the West.

The story on Burns, Oregon, is that the town had an immigrant lawyer by the name of Swindell. He gave much money for parks and schools to the town, and participated in it's growth. When they decided to incorporate, some wanted to name the town after him. He said it was bad enough being a lawyer with that name, and he would be damned if he wanted to live in a town of that name. Since most there at that time were Scot or Basque, it was decided to name the town for Robert Burns. Yes, poets, artists, and musicians all seem to have those failings. I do find it interesting that even though Burns condemned the Jacobites in one of his poems, that he still remained a hero.

Forum List

Back