Global cooling... this time?

"Yan Ropert-Coudert, senior penguin scientist at Dumont D'Urville research station, adjacent to the colony, said the region was impacted by environmental changes linked to the breakup of the Mertz glacier."

Hmm, now why would a glacier breakup?

Reading is fun.......
because it cracked due to the cold. you should read.

Pretty cold up there in the U.S. northwest these days. Another example of collusion between the Russians and the Trump administration?

*Average Citizen----A person who doesn't know shit about what the Earth's Climate is doing.

*Climatologist-------A person who doesn't know shit about what the Earth's Climate is doing....but knows he can make his children into Trust Babies if he claims he found something is wrong with it and blames it on White Republicans.

"Yan Ropert-Coudert, senior penguin scientist at Dumont D'Urville research station, adjacent to the colony, said the region was impacted by environmental changes linked to the breakup of the Mertz glacier."

Reading is fun.......

"But they have been declining in the Antarctic region more generally where climate change has taken its toll, with shifting ice reducing habitat while warming seas affect their prey.

Four years ago, the same colony, which numbered 20,196 pairs at the time, failed to produce a single chick.

Heavy sea ice, combined with unusually warm weather and rain followed by a rapid drop in temperature, resulted in them becoming saturated and freezing to death."

Calving of ice sheets extending out over the ocean is a natural occurrence.

Reading is fun.......

"But they have been declining in the Antarctic region more generally where climate change has taken its toll, with shifting ice reducing habitat while warming seas affect their prey.

Four years ago, the same colony, which numbered 20,196 pairs at the time, failed to produce a single chick.

Heavy sea ice, combined with unusually warm weather and rain followed by a rapid drop in temperature, resulted in them becoming saturated and freezing to death."

yep, so how is that a result of any global warming as the left uses it?

Oh look a thread full of people who struggled to pass 9th grade science are discussing climate science and the impact on the planet. Please tell us more.
kinda goes for both sides, i do believe. i know i'm not "qualified" per se, but unless someone whips out a degree in this i'm just as qualified as most in here.

An Algebra teacher and his class calculated the number of nuclear bombs it would take just to lower the Antarctic ice 1 degree...over 250,000 nuclear bombs would be required.

Oh look a thread full of people who struggled to pass 9th grade science are discussing climate science and the impact on the planet. Please tell us more.
kinda goes for both sides, i do believe. i know i'm not "qualified" per se, but unless someone whips out a degree in this i'm just as qualified as most in here.

An Algebra teacher and his class calculated the number of nuclear bombs it would take just to lower the Antarctic ice 1 degree...over 250,000 nuclear bombs would be required.
and we only have around 15k.

we're safe. :)

Reading is fun.......

An Ice Shelf Is Cracking In Antarctica, But Not For The Reason You Think

"But the crack in Larsen C seems to have happened on its own, for different reasons.

"This is probably not directly attributable to any warming in the region, although of course the warming won't have helped," says Luckman. "It's probably just simply a natural event that's just been waiting around to happen."

Ice Shelf Collapse
In 2002, most of the Antarctic's Larsen B ice shelf collapsed in just three weeks. It was the size of Rhode Island.

larsen-ice-shelf.gif

Source: MODIS/NASA

Larsen C has a bunch of cracks. All ice shelves do. This particular crack has been around since at least the 1960s. The unusual part is that in 2014, this crack — and only this crack — started growing in spurts. Why?"

wasnt there some photo of Al Gore farting into the south pole to help it warm up a little?

Reading is fun.......
Well dumbass, if you pulled your head out of your rotten smelly asshole, you would actually find out what is causing the melt. But as long as you keep goose stepping, along with the lamestream media, you wont know how fucked up your side really is.

Volcanic Activity Causing East Antarctica’s Mysterious Glacial ‘Crater’
A crater on an East Antarctic glacier, once considered the work of a meteorite, is actually the result of heat flow from a collapsing volcanic caldera, and not from global warming.
Stupid is, as stupid votes, and they vote Dumbocrat..

blobal-warming-denier-poster-thumb-500x370-810.jpg

Reading is fun.......
Well dumbass, if you pulled your head out of your rotten smelly asshole, you would actually find out what is causing the melt. But as long as you keep goose stepping, along with the lamestream media, you wont know how fucked up your side really is.

Volcanic Activity Causing East Antarctica’s Mysterious Glacial ‘Crater’
A crater on an East Antarctic glacier, once considered the work of a meteorite, is actually the result of heat flow from a collapsing volcanic caldera, and not from global warming.
Stupid is, as stupid votes, and they vote Dumbocrat..

blobal-warming-denier-poster-thumb-500x370-810.jpg

Keeping it classy I C.

This whole global warming subject always reminds me of a quote I read years ago. "What do scientists know? More than you do and less than they think". Anyone that says they have the answers about climate change is a fool. The science of climatology is in it's infancy.

Forum List

Back