Global cooling or global warming?

The consensus is that we are having global cooling.

Actually, we are in warming cycle. And that's nothing else but cycle, caused by solar activities. There is no proof that global warming is caused by humans exclusively. If anyone could prove opposite, then why the Earths temperature has varied so much through its history when humans were not around.

Better yet seeing that it's a fact that the planet has been warmer on it's own, what is it that those "global warmongers" are fighting for? Are they somehow arrogant enough to believe they can stop something that is naturally occurring on the planet? If so then what temperature is it that they and politicians have set for a controlled temperature and why? Other than that they're spreading BS that is nothing more than a money grab by creating a unneeded carbon credits scheme that will cause rate payers 20-40%+ more for their energy.

It's becoming more and more clear that the UN's "IPCC" jokers recommended "climate fix" is nothing more than a scam designed to enrich third world dictators, as is the case with nearly every UN "solution", sweeping "climate change" proposals are becoming a very hard sell, indeed.

While many nations leaders obviously enjoy meeting with the UN's IPCC in the midst of their non-stop, globetrotting, luxury hotel, moveable feast party, to see who can "outpromise" each other on what they "will do in 2050...or whatever", implementing the actual income redistirbution is meeting with a lot of "cold feet". Check this out...

The Bush administration has been posting hundreds of highly confidential U.N. audits and investigation reports on a U.S. government Web site, opening the United Nations' inner workings and some of its more colorful scandals to unusual public scrutiny.

Together, there are nearly 500 documents and thousands of pages constitute a trove of U.N. secrets stretching back over five years, including allegations of bribes paid for tsunami relief projects in Indonesia, of sexual harassment in Gaza and a revelation that a U.N. anti-drug official ran a presidential campaign while receiving a U.N. paycheck. The pages also document a spree of alleged criminal activities, including a bribery scheme at the airport in Pristina, Kosovo, gold trading by U.N. peacekeepers in Congo, and the theft and resale of food rations by Ukrainian pilots serving the United Nations in Liberia.

U.S. Officials Divulge Reports On Confidential U.N. Audits

Who in their right minds would listen to the U.N.? They got a heck of a track record there.

Soon, world politicians are going to meet in Copenhagen to discuss global wa... sorry, climate change and how humans are main cause of it. Of course, they're going to ignore pollution levels which is counteracted by evidence of global warming on other planets and previous trends in CO2 on our own planet. Nobody is going to mention that there was 5 times as much CO2 when the dinosaurs were around, because dinosaurs were not driving their SUV's to work like we do.

All that global wa... climate change is just a bunch of political garbage that has made Al Gore from a tiny millionaire to having more than a hundred million dollars and a plan where bunch of companies are getting rich selling you bunch of bullshit that saves 10% of the emissions from a bunch of miscellaneous technologies that total less than 1% of our total emissions for a gas that makes up .038% of our atmosphere. Do the freaking math!!!

Then, where will be another crapfest legislation that won't help anyone but them and those who support that crap are gonna enjoy moronic conclusion jumping just like when Eugenics was "the undisputed scientific consensus without any debate" back in the 1930s and served as a great excuse to rally behind power hungry dirtbags that killed tens of millions of people.

OK, dumb ass, you answered a post with a nonsensicle cartoon. That is pretty much the limits of your intellect.

at least americano knows how to spell.

He can show proof, or he can stand a liar. I am betting that he is a liar.

Since you haven't proven anything since you started posting on the board, I guess you're a liar, too.

I see Old Rocks is still talking to me. I don't know how he can ask me for anything before he reply to questions I asked him first and apologize for his insults. I told him, until then he's completely ignored.

Old Rocks, here is one for you:

I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence. - William F. Buckley

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c[/ame]

No, Americano, I am not talking to you, I am talking past you. You post misinformation, I correct that missinformation.

The temperature of the Earth has varied greatly in the last 4 1/2 billion years. As has the amount of GHGs in the atmosphere, and the Total Solar Irradiance that the Earth recieves from the sun. And there have been periods when the atmosphere was rapidly depleted of CO2, and there were continental glaciers nearly to the Equator. At other times, there were sudden increases in CO2, then CH4, and periods of extinction.

The speed of sudden climate change has often exceeded the pace at which the ecological system of the time can adjust to it. Today, we have nearly 7 billion people on the planet, dependent on agriculture. A very rapid climate change would seriously affect that agriculture in a very negative way.

Global cooling or global warming?

Depends on what Mother Nature is up to at any given time.

Either way, man isn't the cause. In the vast scheme of climate change man is but a speck.

Even we all know...

... that cap and trade will shovel astronomical amounts of unearned wealth into undeserving pockets,
... that it will not result in any significant reduction in CO2 emissions,
... that even if it did reduce emissions, it would not measurably reduce global warming,
... that following two or three decades of the current cooling phase, global warming will continue for the next few centuries,
... that it will be, on balance, beneficial...

All that is not a reason for governments not to try to cash on it.

NO, the Earth has been cooling for a decade now, sorry. I know that is shitty news that no one wants to hear. Global warming would be good news, I think if there is anything we can do to foster global warming we should do it, for our children's sake.

Well, Screamy, 2010 is another year, and we will see what happens then, and in 2011, 2012, and 2013. You area saying that there will be a continued cooling. Unless there is a major volcanic eruption, I am saying that one of those years will exceed 1998.

No, Americano, I am not talking to you, I am talking past you. You post misinformation, I correct that missinformation.

You mean like this information?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/92812-lol-7.html

Not a pipe dream, either. Already being done successfully.

http://geoheat.oit.edu/bulletin/bull21-2/art1.pdf

On January 31, 1999, CalEnergy Operating Corp.
(CalEnergy) unveiled a $400 million expansion of their
geothermal power complex on the shores of the Salton Sea in
southern California’s Imperial Valley. The new construction
includes nearly 60 megawatts (MW) of new geothermal electrical
capacity, and a unique project to “mine” commercialgrade
zinc from geothermal brine produced for power
generation. CalEnergy is a subsidiary of Mid-American
Energy Holdings Co. (Des Moines, IA).
CalEnergy currently operates eight geothermal power
plants with a capacity of 288 net MW at the Salton Sea.
Construction underway for completion by late-July includes
Unit 5, a 49-MW facility that will utilize high-temperature
waste brine from four of the company’s existing power plants
to fuel the minerals recovery project and produce electricity.
In addition, a 10-MW turbine will be on-line by mid-March to
upgrade power production at CalEnergy’s Del Ranch and
Vulcan power plants. Construction companies heading up the
projects include Stone & Webster Engineering Corp. (Denver,
CO) and Kvaener U.S., Inc. (San Ramon, CA), which are
subcontracting work to local firms.
Funded entirely by CalEnergy, the $200-million
mineral recovery project will produce 30,000 metric tonnes of
99.99-percent pure zinc annually for Cominco Ltd. under a
contract signed last September.

I corrected this misinformation that Old Crock posted with the following

Here is a link to one source showing that Old Crock posted an old article that is irrelevant.

The zinc recovery project was put online in 2002,
but was shut down in 2004 due to technical problems

In 2002, a zinc-extraction plant was completed in the
Imperial Valley of California. It used electricity from
geothermal power plants for the recovery of metal from
geothermal brines (Clutter, 2000). The $400-million zinc
project by MidAmerican Energy Holding Co. was supposed
to extract 30,000 tonnes of zinc annually. The wastewater
from eight power plants, having 600 ppm of zinc was
utilized. Unfortunately, the plant, which ran until 2004,
produced less than 50% of capacity and lost $69 million on
the project (GRC, 2004d). It is now shut down and being
dismantled due to poor economics and technical problems.
MidAmerican is now looking at silica extraction.

There are more problems with the unreliable Geothermal energy, imagine a geothermal power plant producing such a tiny amount of power having an uncontollable event. The uncontrollable event was the brine eating through a 48" pipe until it literally explodes spilling toxic brine all over the imperial valley's Asparagus fields.

On July 10, 2003, the Salton Sea IV Project’s 40 megawatt turbine went out of service due to an uncontrollable force event.
Such uncontrollable force event ended, and the Salton Sea IV Project’s turbine returned to service, on September 17, 2003.
Edison failed to recognize the uncontrollable force event and, as such, has not paid amounts otherwise due and owing under
the Salton Sea IV power purchase agreement totaling $2.5 million. Salton Sea Power Generation, L.P., with Fish Lake Power
LLC, owner of the Salton Sea IV Project, served notices of error on Edison for such unpaid amounts

So from a "win, win" to a multi-million dollar loss, Old Crock I must say if you prove anything its that Green Energy is too expensive.

Hey, check out the amount of time this power plant was down, Old Crock you did not calculate this time into your costs either. Looks to me that Geothermal is too expensive and unreliable.

Now how about how much energy and what types does it take to produce one ton of fiberglass.

I have more examples of your misinformation Old Crock.

Well, Screamy, 2010 is another year, and we will see what happens then, and in 2011, 2012, and 2013. You area saying that there will be a continued cooling. Unless there is a major volcanic eruption, I am saying that one of those years will exceed 1998.

Thank you for admitting that the Earth is not in fact warming at this time.

NO, the Earth has been cooling for a decade now, sorry. I know that is shitty news that no one wants to hear. Global warming would be good news, I think if there is anything we can do to foster global warming we should do it, for our children's sake.
How is that possible since the decade of 1999 to 2008 was the WARMEST decade in the history of direct instrument measurement????? And that decade does not include the outlier year of 1998!!!!!
I know that is shitty news that lying deniers do not want to hear. If we have been cooling for a DECADE, this decade would HAVE to be cooler than the last decade!

Don't you CON$ ever get tired of parroting that lie???? :cuckoo:

Another liberal/marxist nut from Obama, how does Obama know so many radical nuts?
[/QUOTE]

You didn't read his book? He said he specifically sought them out as friends and associates because he was attracted to and admired their views. In other words, he sought out those who were like-minded. Still true now -remember, this is the same guy who said he thinks our Constitution is a flawed document. He clearly admires the totalitarian state. You can't believe in the redistribution of wealth unless you do because it cannot happen without one and Obama is on record in many places discussing his belief in the "proper" role of government to redistribute the wealth and "social justice" which is just code for redistribution of wealth.

Our founding principles and Constitution was written on the premise that the people have the inalienable right to be free from government coercion and the right to control their own lives for better or worse. While Obama and his extremist cohorts believe in the use of government coercion so those in power can determine the winners and losers in both the economy and among groups in society. Views held by every tinpot dictator frankly.

The reason he appointed so many to czars instead of cabinet members is none of them would have passed the FBI background checks or been confirmed by Congress. Not even this one. In fact, if Obama had tried to get a job with any of our intelligence agencies it is a fact he would have been rejected and never given security clearance because of his known association with radicals, extremists and Marxists. Our intelligence agencies tend to take those kind of known associates very seriously -far more seriously than ignorant voters who didn't bother to find out anything more about him except he could read from a teleprompter quite eloquently.

True, we are cooling , even thought we are in warming cycle as shown in post #94.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported that October in the US was marked by 63 record snowfalls and 115 lowest-ever temperatures.

Over the past few years, similar signs of colder than usual weather have been recorded all over the world, causing many people to question the still fashionable, but now long outdated, global warming alarmism. Yet individual weather events or spells, whether warmings or coolings, tell us nothing necessarily about true climate change.

Facts debunk global warming alarmism

Since the overall CO2 levels have risen, how then is this cooling possible? Unless there are forces that are expotentially more powerful that has vastly more effect on the climate. Even the one IPCC's climate modelers and Lead Author's is starting to about face rather than shipwreck his reputation.

The latest international scientist to advocate caution is German academic Mojib Latif, a climate modeller and a lead author to the last two reports by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). He told a recent UN World Climate Conference that some of the warming in the last three decades was probably due to factors other than CO2 emissions and that, in the absence of any warming for a decade, it is now likely here will be ‘one or even two decades during which temperatures cool.

Treasury call signals time to cool off on ETS

It's obvious the dominos are starting to fall. Over the next year or couple of years, you'll see the IPCC scientists fleeing as the tide rises on their cockamamie theories. If they ever want to find work again, they will have to tell the truth.

How is that possible since the decade of 1999 to 2008 was the WARMEST decade in the history of direct instrument measurement????? And that decade does not include the outlier year of 1998!!!!!
I know that is shitty news that lying deniers do not want to hear. If we have been cooling for a DECADE, this decade would HAVE to be cooler than the last decade!

I am a con and I agree with you.

How, simple, you environuts supported green energy, the production of green energy power such as a windmill needs extreme amounts of fossil fuels, the increase in fossil fuel usage in order to produce the fiberglass to make windmills in dumping a 100,000x's more CO2 into the atmosphere. Pretty clever, claim global warming is man made than increase the usage of fossil fuels a 100,000x's to make a windmill and than you environuts can state, "look, we are right".

Yep, your right and your the cause of CO2, the last ten years is directly related to the increase in windmill production.

Sure my numbers seem easily dismissed but compared to using fossil fuel to produce electricity versus using fossil fuels to produce a windmill that produces next to no energy is a 100,000% difference.

Easy to prove me wrong, all one need do is show how much energy and what types of energy it takes to make one ton of fiberglass.

that is the only way to prove me wrong, by posting the figure.

Not one of you over educated green-nuts have yet to show your superior education by answering just one simple question.

I am a con and I agree with you.

How, simple, you environuts supported green energy, the production of green energy power such as a windmill needs extreme amounts of fossil fuels, the increase in fossil fuel usage in order to produce the fiberglass to make windmills in dumping a 100,000x's more CO2 into the atmosphere. Pretty clever, claim global warming is man made than increase the usage of fossil fuels a 100,000x's to make a windmill and than you environuts can state, "look, we are right".

Yep, your right and your the cause of CO2, the last ten years is directly related to the increase in windmill production.

Sure my numbers seem easily dismissed but compared to using fossil fuel to produce electricity versus using fossil fuels to produce a windmill that produces next to no energy is a 100,000% difference.

Easy to prove me wrong, all one need do is show how much energy and what types of energy it takes to make one ton of fiberglass.

that is the only way to prove me wrong, by posting the figure.

Not one of you over educated green-nuts have yet to show your superior education by answering just one simple question.

One simple question....

Why is the artic ice melting when the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years?

Forum List

Back