Global Capitalism Rocks!

Does Global Capitalism Rock?

• Total voters
Go long America! :clap2:

glaheader2.png

Last edited:
Go long America! :clap2:

Yes , exactly. We have no more to fear from China than we had to fear from California when it developed. Would you want to shop in a world of 1 million people or in a world of 7 billion people?
Would you want your business to sell to 1 million people or 7 billion? Do you want one country to be rich enough to do cancer research or do you want all countrys to be rich enough to do it?

Last edited:
True but, the separation of the super rich from the just barely better off leeds to ugly comparison.

And those who insist on being be irresponsible about sex, to be substance abusers, to take what is not theirs are determined to be impoverished no matter how much society advances.

You look in the history books and see how folks lived not so long ago (and my parents told me stories!) and see how folks live in much of the world and you are amazed at the benefits of the capitalist system. But there are always those who look for the cloud in the silver lining.

True but, the separation of the super rich from the just barely better off leeds to ugly comparison.

And those who insist on being be irresponsible about sex, to be substance abusers, to take what is not theirs are determined to be impoverished no matter how much society advances.

You look in the history books and see how folks lived not so long ago (and my parents told me stories!) and see how folks live in much of the world and you are amazed at the benefits of the capitalist system. But there are always those who look for the cloud in the silver lining.

This is so true. Liberals complain about inequality but they created it.
The sexual divorce feminist welfare revolution is responsible for most single mother poverty and the huge inequal imprisoned population. Did the top 1% cause so many to drop out of HS and become inequal? Did the top 1% join unions that forced jobs off shore thus making the unemployed inequal. Did the top 1% run huge liberal deficits so China could buy our debt rather than our made with American labour products.

Last edited:
Here comes the yeah but:

The basic life enhancement kit of 100 channels with nothing on, computer games, mobile communications (CBs) and big box stores go back to the 70s.

The basic good life kit of mass produced cars, furniture, home entertainment (radio, record players et al) and labor saving appliances go back to the 1920s.

For the most part the upside of the product life cycle is in the rear view mirror with most products being marginal refinements of stuff we already have like the DARPAnet of the 1960s becoming the worldwide web.

Real income increases will probably be confined to the third world from here on out. Quality of life will keep increasing but income increases in the developed world are a thing of the past.

... income increases in the developed world are a thing of the past.
Sure, we're always hearing Marxists and doom'n'gloomers say that, but it's not true. Real incomes incomes have been advancing steadily world wide for decades and centuries, and even with our current 'festivities' we're still within a percent of all time highs.

income increases in the developed world are a thing of the past.

There is no reason whatsoever to think the next 100 years won't be as significant as the last 100 years. The idea that everything thats going to be invented has been invented has always proved very silly.

income increases in the developed world are a thing of the past.

There is no reason whatsoever to think the next 100 years won't be as significant as the last 100 years. The idea that everything thats going to be invented has been invented has always proved very silly.
I don't believe that. Everything getting cheaper and better however is highly deflationary and getting better is hard to calculate in meaningful term. A five peta-byte computer in say 2020 may very well sell for less than a 2 terra-byte computer now but will it do significantly more or faster?

I don't believe that.

so everything has already been invented?

Everything getting cheaper and better however is highly deflationary

wrong, deflation results from less money in circulation

and getting better is hard to calculate in meaningful term. A five peta-byte computer in say 2020 may very well sell for less than a 2 terra-byte computer now but will it do significantly more or faster?

life expectancy, length of work , % that fly, number of cars per capita, number of meals out, etc etc.

Forum List

Back