Glenn WHO??? - A Million Moderate March!!

Is it going to be a million man march or just have enough smugness for that many people?

Enough smugnessfor a million people!

But seriously folks, moderatesare just not that fanatical to go marching on D.C.!

Howabout, a million moderate "sign onto the internet"-athon??

Or how about amillion moderate "writein a thon"?

I mean, really,I have more important things to do and D.c.is pretty far from Florida!! :tongue:

"Jon Stewart's Saturday afternoon "Rally to Restore Sanity" (merged with partner-in-satire Stephen Colbert's concurrent "March to Keep Fear Alive") may become the largest "nonpartisan" event to hit the national Mall since . . . well, since a couple of months ago, when another basic-cable TV star, Glenn Beck, hosted his "Restoring Honor" rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Beck claimed his event was nonpartisan, too.

With less than a week to go, it's still not exactly clear how Stewart will be using this new platform. No guests or musical acts have been announced, Stewart has done only a couple media interviews, and he's offered few details about the rally on his nightly program.

"He is mobilizing people like Glenn Beck does, but I suspect his cultural influence surpasses Beck's," says Geoffrey Baym, a media studies professor at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro, who wrote one of the first scholarly studies of "The Daily Show" in 2005. "[Beck] has a narrow but very committed audience whereas Stewart resonates much wider with people who are fed up with the polemical aspects" of national affairs. "He's reaching a watershed moment."

Whether watching "The Daily Show" makes you smarter has been an emerging question among academics, who seem as much in love with "The Daily Show" as journalists. But Lauren Feldman, an assistant professor at American University, suggests in a forthcoming collection of academic research about Stewart and Colbert that Stewart's program has raised viewer awareness of science and environmental issues.

"In most cases, people are already bringing some knowledge to the show," Feldman says, echoing comments Stewart has made. "You need some background knowledge to [get the satire]. I would say that the people who are watching are broadly interested in politics but are not necessarily well-versed in its nuances."

Some research backs this up. Another survey, this one from 2007, classified 54 percent of the "Daily Show" audience as "high-knowledge" viewers, based on a current-events test. This equaled the percentage of those who were readers of major newspaper Web sites and slightly exceeded viewers of "The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer" on PBS, "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox or NPR's regular listeners."

D.C. Forecast -> Saturday, October 30

SUNNY -> 61°F

92.gif
_:woohoo: _
92.gif

Last edited:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u7NB25xBwA&feature=related[/ame]​

The TEA Party represents the responsible people who do not want to bail out Rich Greedy Bankers OR irresponsible borrowers who always get in way over their head.

Rick Santelli's Rant started the TEA Party. Rick Santelli is the founder. Yet every week the media blitz informs us of a new person who is a TEA Party founder. Someone they have painted as extreme & whacked then slap the TEA Party founder label on.

Remember how they photo-shopped Dale Robertson TEA Party sign photo with the word Niggar & told us he was the founder.

Origional Dale Robertson TEA Party sign

5125951842_dd5344b0d9_b.jpg

Faked Dale Robertson TEA Party sign

5125351251_186bfb4fa6_b.jpg

If you can't make it to the rally tomorrow, you can catch it live on Comedy Central.

Gonna be interesting to see what Blech and the teabaggers are gonna be howling when Jon Stewart's rally is bigger than theirs........

What is all this tea party stuff anyway?
I could not find that party listed on my ballot.
Rand Paul is running as a republican.

New Topics

Forum List

Back