Glenn Beck's idea of 'honor'...LYING to the rally crowd.

Odd... It sort of reminds me of going to church and hearing the preacher start a story off by saying "There was a man who....." How come they never give a name with those stories? Like, Mr. Johnson went to a bar one day and .... This must be something said just to draw the listeners attention to what is about to be said. Same with Beck's speech I suppose. Makes me wonder just a little. The other thing I wonder about is if this is in deed an out and out lie, so be it BUT how come nobody ever has much to say about Obama's obvious lies? Guess it's ok for him to lie and nobody else. There's a big difference in Obama and Beck. One is an entertainer of sorts and the other just keeps us entertained.
Thanks for deflecting to Obama! :thup:

You must be mistaken... I think Owe Bama is the lowest scumbag on the face of the planet. I have no support for him or his crew.

Okay, lay it on me Count. When did Obama claim to have manhandled national treasures?

Something must be lost in translation here... I know nothing about Owe Bama and any national treasures BUT I suspect that he has members of his crew trying to figure out a way to replace that statue of Lincoln in the Lincoln Memorial with a statue of himself.:lol:

Okay, lay it on me Count. When did Obama claim to have manhandled national treasures?

Something must be lost in translation here... I know nothing about Owe Bama and any national treasures BUT I suspect that he has members of his crew trying to figure out a way to replace that statue of Lincoln in the Lincoln Memorial with a statue of himself.:lol:

Naah that is the Reagan worshipping crowd.

I was unaware we had anything to be embarrassed about.

bush?

Bush stunk. Cartere swore me off the dems and Rayguns forst term swore me off the pubs. You libs complained about Bushies debt. What ya got to say about Obummers?

Ohh it sucks as well.
I don't care if jesus Christ was president I would expect him to be fiscally responsible.

The only defense I give bama at all on his spending is that he picked up a losing hand when he took office. But that does not give him a free pass.
I thought anyone who took the office at this time was a dumbass.

We have a right to know who the undisclosed member of congress is...if Beck isn't lying, it means someone arranged for him to put his grubby hands on a national treasure.

Who is that someone and what does he get from Beck in return?

:eusa_eh:

A lie is a lie especially when you don the mantle of prophet.

What is a lie when you don the mantle of Messiah?

It is always a lie, but worse when you hide behind religion to deliver it.

I see so you have now assigned a higher, particular, extra-ordinary level of grievance so you can make your point 'viable'...hum, straw-man? no, no, not quite....misdirection? spur of the moment back side covering? no....humm... drivel? yea that sounds like that covers it.

Get over it, he lied.
Beck did receive a special VIP tour of the archives, arranged by an as-yet unidentified member of Congress. During that tour, he did get a peek inside the "legislative vault," which isn't open to ordinary visitors. But Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy. "Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," she explains. Cooper acknowledges that someone at the archives did show the document to Beck, but that was the extent of it. Regarding Beck's claim that he held the document, Cooper says that seeing such documents for the first time can be a very emotional experience. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.
Cooper is being charitable. Beck's whopper gave his speech more heft and rhetorical flourish. It was high patriotic drama. But his fib stands in stark contrast to the point of the rally, which was all about restoring the principles of courage and honor that the nation was founded upon. In fact, one of Beck’s only prescriptions for fixing the country was to "tell the truth."

No he didn't and the evidence clearly show he didn't. Wise up.

Get over it, he lied.
Beck did receive a special VIP tour of the archives, arranged by an as-yet unidentified member of Congress. During that tour, he did get a peek inside the "legislative vault," which isn't open to ordinary visitors. But Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy. "Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," she explains. Cooper acknowledges that someone at the archives did show the document to Beck, but that was the extent of it. Regarding Beck's claim that he held the document, Cooper says that seeing such documents for the first time can be a very emotional experience. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.
Cooper is being charitable. Beck's whopper gave his speech more heft and rhetorical flourish. It was high patriotic drama. But his fib stands in stark contrast to the point of the rally, which was all about restoring the principles of courage and honor that the nation was founded upon. In fact, one of Beck’s only prescriptions for fixing the country was to "tell the truth."

No he didn't and the evidence clearly show he didn't. Wise up.
:lol: They don't hand out photo copies in that room.

glenn-beck-george-washington.jpg

"I have been going to Mt. Vernon," Beck explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

National Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy," she adds.

"Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," Cooper said. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.

National Archives says Glenn Beck lied about George Washington

awwww poor cons just keep getting unfairly attacked by truth.

No worries they are masters at lying to themselves and will help glen beck lie to them some more at the drop of a hat.

you know, you folks are your own worst enemies...

*sigh* so...

for one they are all just a bunch of 'clingers'...right? tea baggers? religious nuts who hate muslims and anyone not white bread and republican, so why do you even care?

the president however, gets on national TV and either a) lies straight through his teeth OR b) he and his staff, are so completely incompetent they cannot even read a CBO report or read a simple graph, I don't even know whats worse, there is no third choice, but that doesn't draw squat......have any angst on that issue?

so, I am left wondering about your priorities...beck had a function, you say he lied, okay then, just post and leave it, you're working overtime here my man. Beck will suffer the consequences of his actions...meanwhile back at the WH....:eusa_whistle:

Actually, the 'teabaggers' are just 'Bushies'...

[Tea Party supporters] do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

The Tea Party and George Bush: Wait, Bush is okay now? | The Economist

dude....

Public Policy Polling: Previewing Ohio

if you are going to just bash the TP, well have at it, I have no dog in the fight, but at least be accurate, there-by honest. :eusa_shhh:

Accurate? Did you read the article? Here is another article that looked at the same POLL.

Right Now - Poll: Tea partiers miss Bush, like the GOP, don't want a third party, and wonder where Obama was born

Here are some results of the poll taken OF tea party pea brains...

- Among all Americans, George W. Bush has 27/58 positive/negative favorable rating. Among tea partiers he's viewed favorably, 57/27.

- Among all Americans, the Democratic Party has a net negative, 42/50 favorable rating. Among tea partiers the split is 6/92 -- only six percent have a favorable view.

- Among all Americans, the Republican Party is viewed a little less favorably than the Democrats -- 38/53. Among tea partiers, it has a 54/43 favorable rating.

- Among all Americans, Glenn Beck is a divisive and not too well-known media figure. Only around half of them have heard of Beck, and those folks view him favorably, 18/17. Among tea partiers, Beck is wildly popular -- 59/6 favorable.

- Among all Americans, Sarah Palin is wildly unpopular -- her negative/favorable rating is 30/45. But tea partiers adore her and give her a 66/12 favorable rating.

Forum List

Back