Glenn Beck's idea of 'honor'...LYING to the rally crowd.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post

I think the general consensus dude is; who gives a schiznit?

Why should anyone care that Beck LIED at a rally called "Restoring HONOR" What does truth have to do with 'honor' in the right wing mind? It's just be an empty term they 'use', just like 'honor the troops', yea, by sending them off to their deaths fighting an immoral and unnecessary war.

Circumstances give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing color and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.
Edmund Burke

you know, you folks are your own worst enemies...

*sigh* so...

for one they are all just a bunch of 'clingers'...right? tea baggers? religious nuts who hate muslims and anyone not white bread and republican, so why do you even care?

the president however, gets on national TV and either a) lies straight through his teeth OR b) he and his staff, are so completely incompetent they cannot even read a CBO report or read a simple graph, I don't even know whats worse, there is no third choice, but that doesn't draw squat......have any angst on that issue?

so, I am left wondering about your priorities...beck had a function, you say he lied, okay then, just post and leave it, you're working overtime here my man. Beck will suffer the consequences of his actions...meanwhile back at the WH....:eusa_whistle:

Actually, the 'teabaggers' are just 'Bushies'...

[Tea Party supporters] do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

The Tea Party and George Bush: Wait, Bush is okay now? | The Economist

hmmm....I thought it might be possible that he was in the gift shop holding a copy of the speech...but they don't seem to sell it in the gift shop.

:lol:

Just responding to the attempted deflections about Obama lying.

that was a response?

...wow, so its all good is a response? I have to bookmark this....and I wonder..hummm, did that hold water ala your take on bush, as in say- Bush lied people died?

Ever use that phrase or defend its merit? Or make hash over bush not being up front with the American people etc. and just toss this out ;

Politicians all lie. their statements are sopecifically exempt from truth in advertising laws.

Some people actually think politicians don't lie?

Why should anyone care that Beck LIED at a rally called "Restoring HONOR" What does truth have to do with 'honor' in the right wing mind? It's just be an empty term they 'use', just like 'honor the troops', yea, by sending them off to their deaths fighting an immoral and unnecessary war.

Circumstances give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing color and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.
Edmund Burke

you know, you folks are your own worst enemies...

*sigh* so...

for one they are all just a bunch of 'clingers'...right? tea baggers? religious nuts who hate muslims and anyone not white bread and republican, so why do you even care?

the president however, gets on national TV and either a) lies straight through his teeth OR b) he and his staff, are so completely incompetent they cannot even read a CBO report or read a simple graph, I don't even know whats worse, there is no third choice, but that doesn't draw squat......have any angst on that issue?

so, I am left wondering about your priorities...beck had a function, you say he lied, okay then, just post and leave it, you're working overtime here my man. Beck will suffer the consequences of his actions...meanwhile back at the WH....:eusa_whistle:

Actually, the 'teabaggers' are just 'Bushies'...

[Tea Party supporters] do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

The Tea Party and George Bush: Wait, Bush is okay now? | The Economist

dude....

Public Policy Polling: Previewing Ohio

if you are going to just bash the TP, well have at it, I have no dog in the fight, but at least be accurate, there-by honest. :eusa_shhh:

If I say I'm from Philadelphia, am I lying because I live about 4 miles outside of town?

Independents are mostly just embaressed Republicans.

:lol:thats your excuse...oops, I mean story and you're sticking to it!!!!!!

and there it is....you used them, the messiah is elected and now that they have abandoned you, time to trash'em...yup, thats the playbook.

I commend your honesty though. ;)

glenn-beck-george-washington.jpg

"I have been going to Mt. Vernon," Beck explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

National Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy," she adds.

"Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," Cooper said. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.

National Archives says Glenn Beck lied about George Washington

So Obamas idea of honor is lying to the nation. "If you pass my stimulus, unemployment will not go above 8%". "If you pass my health care rates will go down". I have been to 57 states with 2 left to go". "I did not inhale".

Oops sorry the last one was the other dishonorable dem. I could go on but MAYBE you get the idea.

I find it funny as hell that liberal idiots choose to take everything Becks says literally. But when one of their own does it it's, "oh well they misspoke". Fucking idiots!

"I have been going to Mt. Vernon," Beck explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

National Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy," she adds.

"Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," Cooper said. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.

From the article:

While speaking during his "Restoring Honor" rally Saturday, Beck said that he'd held an original speech given by George Washington.

Beck remarked, "I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

Beck never said he held the original speech given by Washington, Raw Story did. But they certainly imply that Beck held the original. According to the above, Beck held the first inaugural address written by Washington . . . doesn't say the original. If he had a copy he still would have been holding the 'first inaugural address written in his own hand by Washington'. Spokesperson confirms he never held the original. This story is bunk.

The truth is revealed!

From the article:

While speaking during his "Restoring Honor" rally Saturday, Beck said that he'd held an original speech given by George Washington.

Beck remarked, "I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

Beck never said he held the original speech given by Washington, Raw Story did. But they certainly imply that Beck held the original. According to the above, Beck held the first inaugural address written by Washington . . . doesn't say the original. If he had a copy he still would have been holding the 'first inaugural address written in his own hand by Washington'. Spokesperson confirms he never held the original. This story is bunk.

WOW, talk about obfuscation.

Beck SAID: "I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington." Not 'I held a copy' or 'I held a duplicate'.

Is there ANYTHING your man crush Beck can do that you would not make excuses for? How about Beck's shilling for Goldline that rips off his viewers selling them gold coins at 90-208% above MELT value?

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist.
Edmund Burke

But he didn't say the "original" neither as the article stated.

Get over it, he lied.
Beck did receive a special VIP tour of the archives, arranged by an as-yet unidentified member of Congress. During that tour, he did get a peek inside the "legislative vault," which isn't open to ordinary visitors. But Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy. "Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," she explains. Cooper acknowledges that someone at the archives did show the document to Beck, but that was the extent of it. Regarding Beck's claim that he held the document, Cooper says that seeing such documents for the first time can be a very emotional experience. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.
Cooper is being charitable. Beck's whopper gave his speech more heft and rhetorical flourish. It was high patriotic drama. But his fib stands in stark contrast to the point of the rally, which was all about restoring the principles of courage and honor that the nation was founded upon. In fact, one of Beck’s only prescriptions for fixing the country was to "tell the truth."

I lose all respect for people that lie to me and stop paying any attention to them.

Apparently the party of personal responsibility and religious values do not feel the same way?

Forum List

Back