Glenn Beck's idea of 'honor'...LYING to the rally crowd.

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
glenn-beck-george-washington.jpg

"I have been going to Mt. Vernon," Beck explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

National Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy," she adds.

"Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," Cooper said. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.

National Archives says Glenn Beck lied about George Washington

:lol: This must have been before he pledged to go 40 days without lying.

Thank the Lord that he didn't get his grubby fingers on a national treasure.

Nice to see yet another thread on the same topic. But I'm sure Bfgrn's thoughts are far more valid than anyone else's and therefore warrant their own unique thread.

Oh wait.... no, there are no 'thoughts' in the OP.... it is yet another regurgitation of a whine - from a left leaning website. Well, color me shocked.

"I have been going to Mt. Vernon," Beck explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

National Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn't lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washington’s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy," she adds.

"Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff," Cooper said. "I'm certain it was a figure of speech," she says.

beck himself has said anyone taking him seriously is a jerk.

i think he's right.

beck himself has said anyone taking him seriously is a jerk.

i think he's right.

no. beck said you shouldn't take what he says as your only source of truth, but to learn and study history on your own. nice twist of words though.

Odd... It sort of reminds me of going to church and hearing the preacher start a story off by saying "There was a man who....." How come they never give a name with those stories? Like, Mr. Johnson went to a bar one day and .... This must be something said just to draw the listeners attention to what is about to be said. Same with Beck's speech I suppose. Makes me wonder just a little. The other thing I wonder about is if this is in deed an out and out lie, so be it BUT how come nobody ever has much to say about Obama's obvious lies? Guess it's ok for him to lie and nobody else. There's a big difference in Obama and Beck. One is an entertainer of sorts and the other just keeps us entertained.

Odd... It sort of reminds me of going to church and hearing the preacher start a story off by saying "There was a man who....." How come they never give a name with those stories? Like, Mr. Johnson went to a bar one day and .... This must be something said just to draw the listeners attention to what is about to be said. Same with Beck's speech I suppose. Makes me wonder just a little. The other thing I wonder about is if this is in deed an out and out lie, so be it BUT how come nobody ever has much to say about Obama's obvious lies? Guess it's ok for him to lie and nobody else. There's a big difference in Obama and Beck. One is an entertainer of sorts and the other just keeps us entertained.
Thanks for deflecting to Obama! :thup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfnbdyAW8]YouTube - Sean Penn/Jeff Spicoli - You dick![/ame]

From the article:

While speaking during his "Restoring Honor" rally Saturday, Beck said that he'd held an original speech given by George Washington.

Beck remarked, "I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

Beck never said he held the original speech given by Washington, Raw Story did. But they certainly imply that Beck held the original. According to the above, Beck held the first inaugural address written by Washington . . . doesn't say the original. If he had a copy he still would have been holding the 'first inaugural address written in his own hand by Washington'. Spokesperson confirms he never held the original. This story is bunk.

Last edited:
yea lets get allllllllllllllllllllll wound up about that beck thing, meanwhile the President, of like you know, uhm ahh, the Country, the uhmm ah,United States, lies straight out to the entire country and.......AND?????????

wheres your angst?

beck didn't handle a document....well my %(&!#@!! god!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_drool:

I agree this is a dumb story but that's one fuck of a stretch, ZB ....

Art, this is exactly the same shit that the left use to explain the 'misspeaks' from anyone left leaning. Don't bitch about the same tactic being used by one side if you let it slide from the other.

Glenn hasnt claimed to be a prophet

Nor is he lying. He was at the archive. He read the Second Inaugural. You want to call him a liar because he didn't specify all the various steps in the process he needed to see it?

Seriously, if this is all you got, it's kind of pathetic.

But its OK for original documents Joe McCarthy relied on from US State to go missing from the National Archives in March 1993.

Forum List

Back