Glenn Beck's book, "Common Sense"

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Many people poke fun at Glenn Beck and call him nothing more than a clown but I have to tell you after reading his book, "Common Sense" I came away with a whole new view of the man. His book was, at times, just a little hard to follow but only in a few rare occasions. Overall, the book was well-written and opened my eyes wide to a view of American politics that I had not even thought about before. It isn't the Democrats and the Republicans we should be leary of in our political world - it's the "Progressives" and they camp out in each of the major political parties. The book cost lest than $9.00 at Walmart but it was worth a great deal more than that in terms of awareness. I say quit laughing and poking fun at Glenn Beck long enough to read his book. Then, if he hasn't changed your mind about politicals and his point of view, go back to the making fun of him if you wish. I'm willing to bet that if you read the book with an open mind you will notice a change in your political beliefs and you will see Glenn Beck in a different light.

Glenn is a fine fellow, unlike when he was a mean and bitter drunk. And being a true believer in Mormonism has helped him suppress some real demons in his soul and personality. Unfortunately, he has replaced those demons with the John Birch nonsense of Cleon Skousen's writing and his fellow loonies. Do understand that Birchers are wannabee wussies, very soft if not cuddable. Glenn is not dangerous, he is not an Aryan militia goon. So have fun with him, but don't ever take him seriously.

Glenn is a fine fellow, unlike when he was a mean and bitter drunk. And being a true believer in Mormonism has helped him suppress some real demons in his soul and personality. Unfortunately, he has replaced those demons with the John Birch nonsense of Cleon Skousen's writing and his fellow loonies. Do understand that Birchers are wannabee wussies, very soft if not cuddable. Glenn is not dangerous, he is not an Aryan militia goon. So have fun with him, but don't ever take him seriously.
Way to marginalize yourself and go off topic.

Your post absolutely correct :eusa_angel:

The post is dead on. Glenn and his philosophy leads to JBS'ism and Skousenism, creeds for mentoids and paranoids.

Many people poke fun at Glenn Beck and call him nothing more than a clown but I have to tell you after reading his book, "Common Sense" I came away with a whole new view of the man. His book was, at times, just a little hard to follow but only in a few rare occasions. Overall, the book was well-written and opened my eyes wide to a view of American politics that I had not even thought about before. It isn't the Democrats and the Republicans we should be leary of in our political world - it's the "Progressives" and they camp out in each of the major political parties. The book cost lest than $9.00 at Walmart but it was worth a great deal more than that in terms of awareness. I say quit laughing and poking fun at Glenn Beck long enough to read his book. Then, if he hasn't changed your mind about politicals and his point of view, go back to the making fun of him if you wish. I'm willing to bet that if you read the book with an open mind you will notice a change in your political beliefs and you will see Glenn Beck in a different light.

I'll probably read it when the local library has it.

Glenn is the man! He sells ad space surpassed only by Rush and Sean. The 5% of the loonies in America eat this stuff up. Hey, someone should make money off their silliness. So, good for Glenn.

The post is dead on. Glenn and his philosophy leads to JBS'ism and Skousenism, creeds for mentoids and paranoids.
Source?
Show the increase in Birch membership roles

Have you read The 5000 leap ?
I havent finished it yet. I do not think you know how the book is written or what it is about.
71. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
232 days in the top 100
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/5000-Year-Leap-Miracle-Changed/dp/0880801484/ref=pd_ts_b_71?ie=UTF8&s=books]Amazon.com: The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World (9780880801485): W. Cleon Skousen: Books[/ame]

101 days in the top 100

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Glenn-Becks-Common-Sense-Control/dp/1439168571/ref=pd_ts_b_9?ie=UTF8&s=books]Amazon.com: Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine (9781439168578): Glenn Beck: Books[/ame]

21 days in the top 100

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots-Small-Minds-Government/dp/1416595015/ref=pd_ts_b_16?ie=UTF8&s=books]Amazon.com: Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government (9781416595014): Glenn Beck: Books[/ame]

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

Forum List

Back