Glenn Beck

Glen Beck on 09/11 victims, the actual full quote....

When you are rioting for these tickets, or these ATM cards, the second thing that came to mind was -- and this is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I really wanted to help them, and I was behind, you know, "Let's give them money, let's get this started." All of this stuff. And I really didn't -- of the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them. Probably about 10 of them. And when I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, "Oh shut up!" I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And, again, it's only about 10.
This has now become an urban legend to demonstrate that Glen hates the victims of 9/11. Anyone with half a brain (admittedly that excludes all the progressives and a few liberals) can clearly UNDERSTAND what he meant.

I understand EXACTLY what he meant.

He meant that he hates some, but not all, of the 9/11 victims families.

He hates them. That's EXACTLY what he means.

Whereas, in reality, each and every one of them is a really nice person? Please tell me you are not serious. Personally, I've seen some interviews with some victims who have seriously annoyed me too. That's just fact - among those victims, there are some who shamelessly use the death of a family member as some kind of entitlement.

Division and infighting...

MrBurns.jpg

EXCELLENT

Whatever happened to all those sponsors who were leaving Beck?

What's that number up to now, Autozona?

:lol:

Don't you find it strange though that his ratings SUCKED when he was at CNN?

He changed his character around and made himself into a sensationalist. He's completely different than he was at CNN. And now he's speaking to his audience instead of a more neutral and even left leaning CNN audience.

Just the fact that the character he portrays changes with his audience, is what should be considered.

On the real, he's just a fake ass TV character. Just like any of the others, at ALL the news channels.

He changed his character around and made himself into a sensationalist. He's completely different than he was at CNN. And now he's speaking to his audience instead of a more neutral and even left leaning CNN audience.

Just the fact that the character he portrays changes with his audience, is what should be considered.

On the real, he's just a fake ass TV character. Just like any of the others, at ALL the news channels.

Don't really watch him, so I can only go by what I hear and see at this place and elsewhere on Algore's interwebs...

The entertainment value of the left's hatred for him is what intrigues me...lol

Don't really watch him, so I can only go by what I hear and see at this place and elsewhere on Algore's interwebs...

The entertainment value of the left's hatred for him is what intrigues me...lol

Well I watched him a lot when he was at CNN, I watched him slowly grow that persona into what it is today.

He didn't really start getting sensational about topics until he got to Fox. Also, when he was at CNN, there wasn't yet the nationwide outrage over fiscal matters as there is today. He's got ammo every single day now.

Just the fact that people fall all over him like he's something DIFFERENT is what disturbs me.

Anyone reading this thread whose never watched Beck's program...watch it for yourself and make up your own mind.

IMO the guy makes a lot of sense...although he is occasionally over the top.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I realize there are serious fiscal problems in this country. I guess I just don't need Beck crying to me about it every night.

I think some people just like to be continually reminded of how bad things are, like there's no motivation for them if they don't hear about it every night.

Anyone reading this thread whose never watched Beck's program...watch it for yourself and make up your own mind.

I recommend that everyone should read 'Common Sense' and 'Arguing with Idiots'. Both are excellent - no matter what side of the fence you sit. Of course, lots of lefties are afraid to read these because they might learn something.

Total horse shit.

He threw these ideas up the the folks at CNN and they said no. Do not do it. They told him that he could not work for Fox News until after the November election. They knew that Beck would have blown Obama's skinny ass out of the water.

So now that he's at Fox he's allowed to say what he wants and it's paying off.
If you wanna talk about fakes just look at the founder of the Huffington Post.

Arriana Huffington was a fake. She posed as a conservative on Politically Correct with Bill Maher. She was the resident punching-bag on his show. She and Al Franken would trade talking points and Franken usually won. Then Maher put his foot in his mouth after 9/11 and lost his gig. Now we find out she was a closet lib playing a part.

Last edited:
mudwhistle said:
This is an attempt to distract from the fact that Beck's ratings are through the roof. His TV show just registered higher ratings then anybody on cable....not just cable news...but everybody. There's a reason for this.

Watching Beck's red-faced blathering is like waiting for the Howard Beale moment when he collapses under the weight of his own ranting. Of course his ratings are high! It's high entertainment!

Total horse shit.

He threw these ideas up the the folks at CNN and they said no. Do not do it. They told him that he could not work for Fox News until after the November election. They knew that Beck would have blown Obama's skinny ass out of the water.

Arriana Huffington was a fake. She posed as a conservative on Politically Correct with Bill Maher. She was the resident punching-bag on his show. She and Al Franken would trade talking points and Franken usually won. Then Maher put his foot in his mouth after 9/11 and lost his gig. Now we find out she was a closet lib playing a part.

Bullshit. Where's your proof of that? And fyi, Arianna Huffington at one time WAS a strong conservative, and she continues to maintain moderate conservative viewpoints. From her Wikipedia bio:

In the late 1980s, Huffington wrote several articles for National Review. In 1981, she wrote a biography of Maria Callas, Maria Callas — The Woman Behind the Legend, and in 1989 a biography of Pablo Picasso, Picasso: Creator and Destroyer.

Huffington rose to national prominence during her husband's unsuccessful Senate bid in 1994. She became known as a reliable supporter of conservative causes such as Newt Gingrich's "Republican Revolution" and Bob Dole's 1996 candidacy for president. She teamed up with liberal comedian Al Franken as the conservative half of "Strange Bedfellows"[8] during Comedy Central's coverage of the 1996 U.S. presidential election.

Whatever sense he makes is lost on me with his over-the-top rhetoric.

Total horse shit.

Bullshit. Where's your proof of that? And fyi, Arianna Huffington at one time WAS a strong conservative, and she continues to maintain moderate conservative viewpoints. From her Wikipedia bio:

In the late 1980s, Huffington wrote several articles for National Review. In 1981, she wrote a biography of Maria Callas, Maria Callas — The Woman Behind the Legend, and in 1989 a biography of Pablo Picasso, Picasso: Creator and Destroyer.

Huffington rose to national prominence during her husband's unsuccessful Senate bid in 1994. She became known as a reliable supporter of conservative causes such as Newt Gingrich's "Republican Revolution" and Bob Dole's 1996 candidacy for president. She teamed up with liberal comedian Al Franken as the conservative half of "Strange Bedfellows"[8] during Comedy Central's coverage of the 1996 U.S. presidential election.

You don't change from being a strong conservative to being a lunatic liberal overnight. Personally I think she's been pulling the wool over both sides eyes. It seems she's more an opportunist then anything.

Nice try though.

Sell it to someone willing to believe that horseradish.

Beck outlined it several times on his radio program. He was not allowed to do everything he wanted to do. They also threatened him to keep his mouth shut about it until after the election.

Last edited:
I keep hearing about all of these folks with only half a brain.

I think we need to conduct a poll and see what all of the people with only half a brain think about important issues. They seem to have more sense then all of these folks with a complete brain. Maybe it's because they use all of theirs'.

There seems to be a shitload of them that never access large quadrants of their gray matter...swallowing the bullshit Obama is feeding them without even bothering to think it through and they accept it as fact. Beck is constantly pointing out the facts and all they can do is talk about what a cry-baby he is....or make fun of his use of a blackboard to effectively illustrate his points.

This is an attempt to distract from the fact that Beck's ratings are through the roof. His TV show just registered higher ratings then anybody on cable....not just cable news...but everybody. There's a reason for this.

Uhhh...yeah.

The man is a ranting, raving, crying BUFFOON! Who WOULDN'T tune in to see such a spectacle?

He's the Flava Flav of news media.

Whereas, in reality, each and every one of them is a really nice person? Please tell me you are not serious. Personally, I've seen some interviews with some victims who have seriously annoyed me too. That's just fact - among those victims, there are some who shamelessly use the death of a family member as some kind of entitlement.
Kinda like how the RW constantly uses that same event for votes. Folks like that seedy so-and-so Ghouliani and FAUXNews and the RNC when they played that horrific 9.11 smut-video during the convention?

They weren't annoying to me at all...the seemed like hard working Americans that were severely hurt over the sudden and tragic loss of their loved ones partially through the then Administration's failure to protect the nation properly at the time.

California Girl, you are so full of shit I can smell your shitty ass from here in Georgia. You make me sick.

Sometimes I wonder whether liberals actually capable of understanding context. It's fascinating to see how 'quotes' are taken out of context in order to score cheap (and really stupid) politcal points.

Glen Beck on 09/11 victims, the actual full quote....

When you are rioting for these tickets, or these ATM cards, the second thing that came to mind was -- and this is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I really wanted to help them, and I was behind, you know, "Let's give them money, let's get this started." All of this stuff. And I really didn't -- of the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them. Probably about 10 of them. And when I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, "Oh shut up!" I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And, again, it's only about 10.

This has now become an urban legend to demonstrate that Glen hates the victims of 9/11. Anyone with half a brain (admittedly that excludes all the progressives and a few liberals) can clearly UNDERSTAND what he meant.

Same with your other quotes. These are about as credible as the 'quotes' from Rush implying he is a racist.... and we all know that those have been discredited time and again but still people use them without shame to make Rush look racist.

It's pathetic.

Rush is a racist. Remember his sayings on needing seperate buses. Dispute that sir.
Oh and anyone who takes anything Beck says seriously needs help. Get off my phone.

In your opinion, Rush is a racist. In my opinion, Obama is a racist. Difference is that I can link to video, in Obama's own voice and words, to back my opinion up. You have to link to some accusation about what Rush said.... and they have already been proven to be false.

I made no comment about whether I personally take Beck seriously, only that midcan is an idiot for taking quotes out of context.

Fool.

Later, responding to a caller, Limbaugh added, "We need segregated buses. It was invading of space and so forth. This is Obama's America."

Rush Limbaugh's new low: Calling for segregated buses | TheLoop21.com

That is a racist. Especially considering the history of this country when pertaining to how blacks were treated. Buses, water fountains, restaurants etc etc.

Rush is a racist.

Last edited:
I keep hearing about all of these folks with only half a brain.

I think we need to conduct a poll and see what all of the people with only half a brain think about important issues. They seem to have more sense then all of these folks with a complete brain. Maybe it's because they use all of theirs'.

There seems to be a shitload of them that never access large quadrants of their gray matter...swallowing the bullshit Obama is feeding them without even bothering to think it through and they accept it as fact. Beck is constantly pointing out the facts and all they can do is talk about what a cry-baby he is....or make fun of his use of a blackboard to effectively illustrate his points.

Uhhh...yeah.

The man is a ranting, raving, crying BUFFOON! Who WOULDN'T tune in to see such a spectacle?

He's the Flava Flav of news media.

Is that the reason you watch his show?

Rush is a racist. Remember his sayings on needing seperate buses. Dispute that sir.
Oh and anyone who takes anything Beck says seriously needs help. Get off my phone.

In your opinion, Rush is a racist. In my opinion, Obama is a racist. Difference is that I can link to video, in Obama's own voice and words, to back my opinion up. You have to link to some accusation about what Rush said.... and they have already been proven to be false.

I made no comment about whether I personally take Beck seriously, only that midcan is an idiot for taking quotes out of context.

Fool.

Later, responding to a caller, Limbaugh added, "We need segregated buses. It was invading of space and so forth. This is Obama's America."

Rush Limbaugh's new low: Calling for segregated buses | TheLoop21.com

That is a racist. Especially considering the history of this country when pertaining to how blacks were treated. Buses, water fountains, restaurants etc etc.

Rush is a racist.

Context, context, context....

Forum List

Back