Glenn Beck: What a tool

Is beck the new rush?

A few months ago all I heard about was 'rush this, rush that' and now its beck.

Why do people put so much into a talking head tv guy?

Demagoguery has been entertainment blood sport since the Athenians stoned one another over it 2,400 years ago. Father Charles Coughlin, the Detroit radio priest of the 1930s, had a regular audience of 10,000,000 in a population less than half of ours today. The good Father hated FDR, which did not faze the RC church, but when he went on an ant-semite series of rants and also managed to incur the wrath of FDR's pro-interventionist supporters, the government managed to pull him off the air and stopped his mailing privileges. The good Father's presiding Bishop shut him up publicly for good and sat him down as a parish priest for the rest of his life.

One folk song of the time included, "Down the path comes Father Coughlin, carrying a silver chain, Cash on his stomach and Hitler on the brain."

Check this out............nobody is watching MSNBC anymore..........according to CableNews.com, their numbers are tantamount to "being off the air"

Check this shit out...................

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, August 6, 2009
Posted on 07 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for August 06, 2009

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,055,000viewers
CNN— 867,000 viewers
MSNBC –968,000 viewers
CNBC – 226,000 viewers
HLN – 713,000viewers

Are you having reading comprehension issues? I see MSNBC in second place for prime time.

Is beck the new rush?

A few months ago all I heard about was 'rush this, rush that' and now its beck.

Why do people put so much into a talking head tv guy?

Demagoguery has been entertainment blood sport since the Athenians stoned one another over it 2,400 years ago. Father Charles Coughlin, the Detroit radio priest of the 1930s, had a regular audience of 10,000,000 in a population less than half of ours today. The good Father hated FDR, which did not faze the RC church, but when he went on an ant-semite series of rants and also managed to incur the wrath of FDR's pro-interventionist supporters, the government managed to pull him off the air and stopped his mailing privileges. The good Father's presiding Bishop shut him up publicly for good and sat him down as a parish priest for the rest of his life.

One folk song of the time included, "Down the path comes Father Coughlin, carrying a silver chain, Cash on his stomach and Hitler on the brain."

340x.jpg

How much must it suck for the k00ks?? Their guy has like 179 viewers/night!!!:clap2:

Check this out............nobody is watching MSNBC anymore..........according to CableNews.com, their numbers are tantamount to "being off the air"

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,055,000viewers
CNN— 867,000 viewers
MSNBC –968,000 viewers
CNBC – 226,000 viewers
HLN – 713,000viewers

Are you having reading comprehension issues? I see MSNBC in second place for prime time.

:lol::lol::lol:

the-laugher-big.jpg

Thats like saying, "Well.......my team lost 72 -7, but our team scored the most aesthetically pleasing touchdown!!":clap2:

[quoteBut the guys ratings are through the roof ]

Which speaks VOLUMES about the GOP "base"...[/QUOTE]

how did you come to the conclusion that his views are the gop base......seems given the outrage here on the du and the bloggers in general....more of the dem base is watching him.....

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,055,000viewers
CNN— 867,000 viewers
MSNBC –968,000 viewers
CNBC – 226,000 viewers
HLN – 713,000viewers

that is like saying the germans finished second in wwii.............

Thats like saying, "Well.......my team lost 72 -7, but our team scored the most aesthetically pleasing touchdown!!"

I think you are missing that 1% of Americans listen to Fox and about .3% to MSNBC.

The conclusion is obvious -- more educated Americans generally do not listen to the outlets.

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,055,000viewers
CNN— 867,000 viewers
MSNBC –968,000 viewers
CNBC – 226,000 viewers
HLN – 713,000viewers

:lol::lol::lol:

the-laugher-big.jpg

Thats like saying, "Well.......my team lost 72 -7, but our team scored the most aesthetically pleasing touchdown!!":clap2:

Or, like saying "No one watches MSNBC, except for the million or so people that do."
This has nothing to do with "my team". Apparently unlike yourself, I don't "play" for a partisan team. I don't watch MSNBC any more than I watch FOX - I get my news from the internets, and The Economist. If I'm watchting TV, I'm usually a big fan of the best primetime show of them all - "House Of Representatives" on CSPAN. Comedy Gold!

I love how The Right likes to post up their ratings as if its a badge of integrity and honor.

You know, Daytime Soaps and Jerry Springer type shows ratings are THROUGH THE ROOF as well.

Drama sells, truth, honesty and integrity, unfortunately, doesn't.

We live in a "Reality TV" media world that is the furthest thing from reality.

FOXNews goes right along with that mentality and culture.

So rejoice in it FOX fans...rejoice in the drama queenisms and misinforming newsatainment.

I love how The Right likes to post up their ratings as if its a badge of integrity and honor.

You know, Daytime Soaps and Jerry Springer type shows ratings are THROUGH THE ROOF as well.

Drama sells, truth, honesty and integrity, unfortunately, doesn't.

We live in a "Reality TV" media world that is the furthest thing from reality.

FOXNews goes right along with that mentality and culture.

So rejoice in it FOX fans...rejoice in the drama queenisms and misinforming newsatainment.

one has to wonder why the left watches it so much and bitches about it constantly.....

Okay, I was unaware of this video until an hour ago. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I have read, and reread the blog that Mr. Beck posted on his website: glennbeck.com.
It is titled: "Hospitals Gone Bad", and has a similar ring to "Girls Gone Wild", in how it flows.

And like other healthcare professionals, I decided to pick it apart. And my conclusion is that he is ignorant and misinformed about healthcare, and is reporting it in a similar fashion. I wasn't there, but everything that he has described in this blog...I'm certain can be explained rationally.

Quote from the blog-"I would hear alarm bells and she would say, "Mr. Beck, breathe... When narcotics are administered, one has to watch for respiratory depression. I'm assuming that he'd been extubated by the point, and recovery nurses were keeping a close eye on him. The alarm bells were probably his oxygen saturation dropping, or perhaps his capnography reading indicated that he was breathing too slowly. The nurse was trying to determine whether or not the patient needed to be manually ventilated and given narcan, or whether or not he was capable of breathing adequately on his own. Perhaps part of the story is missing, but I just don't see a near-death experience.

And although there are many issues with accuracy in this blog, the next problem that I had was his referring to fentanyl as an "end-of-life drug". This proves to me that he is talking out of his backside. Fentanyl is quickly replacing many narcotics, because it doesn't have the negative side effects that many other narcs have, and it is more effective. My two cents.

bitches? dunno.... perhaps to figure out why the rightwingnuts are so misinformed...

yea they should be watching olberman and maddow ....

and yet it's the rightwingnuts who are always misinformed? why do you think that is?

so only the left is well informed.....only the left knows the truth....only the left can be right....

keep pressing that agenda i am sure everyone will be drawn to you.....

Okay, I was unaware of this video until an hour ago. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I have read, and reread the blog that Mr. Beck posted on his website: glennbeck.com.
It is titled: "Hospitals Gone Bad", and has a similar ring to "Girls Gone Wild", in how it flows.

And like other healthcare professionals, I decided to pick it apart. And my conclusion is that he is ignorant and misinformed about healthcare, and is reporting it in a similar fashion. I wasn't there, but everything that he has described in this blog...I'm certain can be explained rationally.

Quote from the blog-"I would hear alarm bells and she would say, "Mr. Beck, breathe... When narcotics are administered, one has to watch for respiratory depression. I'm assuming that he'd been extubated by the point, and recovery nurses were keeping a close eye on him. The alarm bells were probably his oxygen saturation dropping, or perhaps his capnography reading indicated that he was breathing too slowly. The nurse was trying to determine whether or not the patient needed to be manually ventilated and given narcan, or whether or not he was capable of breathing adequately on his own. Perhaps part of the story is missing, but I just don't see a near-death experience.

And although there are many issues with accuracy in this blog, the next problem that I had was his referring to fentanyl as an "end-of-life drug". This proves to me that he is talking out of his backside. Fentanyl is quickly replacing many narcotics, because it doesn't have the negative side effects that many other narcs have, and it is more effective. My two cents.

What do you know? Someone who actually knows what she is talking about. Good.

yea they should be watching olberman and maddow ....

and yet it's the rightwingnuts who are always misinformed? why do you think that is?

so only the left is well informed.....only the left knows the truth....only the left can be right....

keep pressing that agenda i am sure everyone will be drawn to you.....

I am not sure about that, but I am sure that you and Glenn are wrong.

Forum List

Back