Glenn Beck Urges Listeners to Leave Churches That Preach Social Justice

I never defended or brought up Robertson.

Sure you can come to your door with a gun... but that just shows what an idiot you are. Someone comes to your door offering to study the Bible with you and you answer the door with a gun?

Wow.

Actually the best method is to answer the door in my boxers and bark like a dog at them.
The Jehovas witnesses usually do not come back.

See the point is it is MY home.

I have family that are Jehovahs Witnesses, so I recommend getting your facts straight first. That won't keep the Jehovahs Witnesses away. They don't have any special aversion
to boxers or even nudity. They will leave your door and laugh at you, but they won't be offended. There is only one reason JW's will not continue to come to your door and that isn't it.
Sure it is your home, but the courts have determined that people can come to your home. You just don't have to let them in.

Au Contrare, my property is posted no trespassing. And no soliciting is also specified on the posting.
If I tell them to leave and dont come back and they do I can have them charged with tresspassing.

That was Jesus taking care of his own. Kinda like charity. Did you think that meant that he took those fish from the rich and gave them to the poor?

Bible states that you dont' eat if you dont' work.

Tell us--how would you feed the poor.

You take from the rich(yourself) and give to them....Or else you are poor too!!

What?

I will help the poor, but there is a limit to the help. I am not going to keep giving to them, thereby supporting their habits if they choose to not work. Much good can be done to help them change their life... that will get them out of the situation, not just treat the symptoms of their situation.

how very christ-like...

:rolleyes:

:lol:

That was Jesus taking care of his own. Kinda like charity. Did you think that meant that he took those fish from the rich and gave them to the poor?

Bible states that you dont' eat if you dont' work.

What?

I will help the poor, but there is a limit to the help. I am not going to keep giving to them, thereby supporting their habits if they choose to not work. Much good can be done to help them change their life... that will get them out of the situation, not just treat the symptoms of their situation.

Q:Why do you give to the poor? Is it from some deeply spiritual part of yourself or because you like to see the bums fight over a quarter?

If it is from the spiritual part of yourself, the Catholics teach this concept through their doctrines on Social Justice. Unless G. Beck is refering to some other "Social Justice", it is the terminology and property of the Catholic faith.

It is a christian concept. The Nazis and Communist may have used it, but they will use anything to gain power.

Actually the best method is to answer the door in my boxers and bark like a dog at them.
The Jehovas witnesses usually do not come back.

See the point is it is MY home.

I have family that are Jehovahs Witnesses, so I recommend getting your facts straight first. That won't keep the Jehovahs Witnesses away. They don't have any special aversion
to boxers or even nudity. They will leave your door and laugh at you, but they won't be offended. There is only one reason JW's will not continue to come to your door and that isn't it.
Sure it is your home, but the courts have determined that people can come to your home. You just don't have to let them in.

Au Contrare, my property is posted no trespassing. And no soliciting is also specified on the posting.
If I tell them to leave and dont come back and they do I can have them charged with tresspassing.

No Soliciting doesn't apply to Jehovahs Witnesses. No trespassing does.

You are correct about trespassing, but not about soliciting.

No Soliciting doesn't apply to Jehovahs Witnesses. No trespassing does.

You are correct about trespassing, but not about soliciting.

No soliciting should apply. they are trying to sell me their religion and obtain my soul.

What?

how very christ-like...

There is nothing Christ like or Christian about supporting someones bad habits. Even for God to forgive anything there has to be repentance.

I love GB's program as it is so informative. But if he continues with his religious views I will never watch him again. I didn't like it when Brit Hume did his public recommendation to Tiger Woods, to seek forgiveness through the Lord, either. Tiger has been brought up in the Buddhist philosophy and Brit knew that and should stay out of religion on his news segments on Bill O`Reilly's opinion program. I have lost respect for Brit and now for Beck because of their bully pulpit announcements. Keep religion out of it dudes!!! Who do you think you are? Have respect for your and for others beliefs but leave them out of the news, opinion and information shows.

Funny. I thought this was the United States where we could talk about religion all we want.

And If you have an organization posing as a church to convince people to be communist, their is a problem.

Thanks for your impressions of my post. I should have mentioned that if GB, Brit and/or others make this a trend, they will lose a viewer. Actually they will lose many viewers, but no doubt, gain just as many..lol. I was asserting personal preferences and am now through with this topic. :) It's all good.

Yeah, but we're not God.

Has nothing to do with it. The Bible pretty plainly states what Gods standards are. We can base our choices on what those principles reveal.

For instance, I could look for a good Christian for a wife. If what I know about Gods standards eliminates her as a choice, then I am not judging her, I am using my Bible based standards to eliminate her as a candidate.

What?

how very christ-like...

There is nothing Christ like or Christian about supporting someones bad habits. Even for God to forgive anything there has to be repentance.

riiiight.... because jebus sure did demand a tribute from those sinners....

you pharisee christians crack me up every time.

Yeah, but we're not God.

Has nothing to do with it. The Bible pretty plainly states what Gods standards are. We can base our choices on what those principles reveal.

For instance, I could look for a good Christian for a wife. If what I know about Gods standards eliminates her as a choice, then I am not judging her, I am using my Bible based standards to eliminate her as a candidate.

let he who is sinless cast the first stone. RIGHT?

you people rationalize your opinions into the testament of the bible instead of the other way around. Sad but humorous.

Yeah, but we're not God.

you people rationalize your opinions into the testament of the bible instead of the other way around. Sad but humorous.

I never claimed to be sinless. That doesn't mean I can't make moral decisions about who to marry.

Bible clearly states to marry only in the Lord.. pretty plain to me.... doesn't require me to have an opinion either way.. it is Gods opinion.

I never claimed to be sinless. That doesn't mean I can't make moral decisions about who to marry.

Bible clearly states to marry only in the Lord.. pretty plain to me.... doesn't require me to have an opinion either way.. it is Gods opinion.

the basis of your "moral decision" is judgment. That you cast off the very words of jebus for the sake of rationalizing such is what is truly cracking my shit up here.

It's funny how ole jebus didn't just chum around with those who don't meet your dogmatic standard, isn't it? I guess when he was busy healing sinners, for free, what he REALLY meant was to stick with your own blessed kind and charge at least a 10% markup. and UPSELL! don't forget to UPSELL!

the basis of your "moral decision" is judgment. That you cast off the very words of jebus for the sake of rationalizing such is what is truly cracking my shit up here.

It's funny how ole jebus didn't just chum around with those who don't meet your dogmatic standard, isn't it? I guess when he was busy healing sinners, for free, what he REALLY meant was to stick with your own blessed kind and charge at least a 10% markup. and UPSELL! don't forget to UPSELL!

I find it interesting that I am the one claiming to be Christian here.

You accuse us Christians of forcing our opinion on others, but I have not once told any of you how to live your life. I simply stated how I live mine.

You are mocking me for my decisions and are telling me that I am wrong and trying to get me to see that I should do it your way.

Who is intolerant and forcing their views on others. I didn't ask for your viewpoint, yet you keep telling me what it is and make fun of me.

Did I make fun of you at any point?

See how it works? Those claiming to be the most tolerant are usually the most intolerant.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back