Glenn Beck: Term 'Colored' Is 'Not A Bad Thing'

I had a teacher in middle school who was rather bothered being called an African American. Her family was from Haiti, not Africa, and she was an American not an African, a Haitian, or anything else. If it was necessary to state her race, she preferred simply 'Black', just as some people are White when absolutely necessary to note the distinction for some reason.

Of course people have every right to call themselves whatever they wish, but Black Hatians are also African Americans.

Their forefathers were slaves brought from Africa to Haiti as slaves.

I had a teacher in middle school who was rather bothered being called an African American. Her family was from Haiti, not Africa, and she was an American not an African, a Haitian, or anything else. If it was necessary to state her race, she preferred simply 'Black', just as some people are White when absolutely necessary to note the distinction for some reason.

Of course people have every right to call themselves whatever they wish, but Black Hatians are also African Americans.

Their forefathers were slaves brought from Africa to Haiti as slaves.
Again, using that reasoning, everybody ultimately comes from Africa.

And there's no such thing as an African American. There is no such nation as African America, so you cannot be an African American national or citizen. There's also no such thing as an African-American, as there's no country named Africa, so you can't have dual African-American citizenship.

You could be a Black American (an American who is Black) or a Negroid American (to use more scientific language) or a Caucasoid American or whatever- the common or scientific term for one's race being an adjective describing the individual American in question, but that's really just describing a fat American, a skinny American, or any adjective American.

Do you know how the first black man sailed around the world?
The former Newport Beach sailor had a bare-bones cruising budget and little support from anyone other than his family and friends when he set out from his home in the US Virgin islands on February 24, 1986 aboard his 35 foot fiberglass sloop Love Song.
Teddy Seymour: 1st black man to set solo sailing world record
IMAGE_crammed_slave_ship_DIAGRAM.jpg

Glenn Beck: Term 'Colored' Is 'Not A Bad Thing,' 'African American' Is 'Ridiculously Stupid' (AUDIO)

Glenn Beck blasted the use of the term "African American" in favor of "black" and "colored" on his radio show on Tuesday.

The radio host was reflecting on his Restoring Courage rally in Jerusaleum, where he said the term African American did not apply. He asked his co-host Pat Gray, "Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you feel ridiculously stupid everywhere in Africa, in Europe, in South America, in Jerusaleum when you would say the words African American?"

Beck asked, "Now how can people be one thing in one country and nowhere else in the world?" (Perhaps because the term "African American" only applies to people from the United States?)
Dunno. He's such an odd duck.

Can you explain why colored is offensive, or is it something that you just know?

I never answer that question on forms, it drives bureaucrats crazy. If I am ever forced to actually answer that question I make something stupid up, and they end up putting in whatever they put in when they have to record it.

I had a teacher in middle school who was rather bothered being called an African American. Her family was from Haiti, not Africa, and she was an American an African, a Haitian, or anything else. If it was necessary to state her race, she preferred simply 'Black', just as some people are White when absolutely necessary to note the distinction for some reason.
All blacks are from Africa

Were are idiots from?

Glenn Beck: Term 'Colored' Is 'Not A Bad Thing,' 'African American' Is 'Ridiculously Stupid' (AUDIO)

Glenn Beck blasted the use of the term "African American" in favor of "black" and "colored" on his radio show on Tuesday.

The radio host was reflecting on his Restoring Courage rally in Jerusaleum, where he said the term African American did not apply. He asked his co-host Pat Gray, "Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you feel ridiculously stupid everywhere in Africa, in Europe, in South America, in Jerusaleum when you would say the words African American?"

Beck asked, "Now how can people be one thing in one country and nowhere else in the world?" (Perhaps because the term "African American" only applies to people from the United States?)

Glenn prefers the term....Darkies

Can you explain why colored is offensive, or is it something that you just know?

It is offensive because of it's carryover from the civil rights era. " No colored allowed" brought back bad memories

It is offensive because of it's carryover from the civil rights era. " No colored allowed" brought back bad memories

That does not make it offensive. Racists used a lot of terms that are not generally considered offensive, and the National Association of Colored People exists to counter that racism. What makes it offensive is small minded people trying to control what other people say and do.

What does an African call him/herself if he/she lives in Europe ? Surely not an African American.
An African European? I've never heard of such a thing.

Only in PC-correct America....

Speaking of odd fucks, let me ask you a question -what's that C stand for in NAACP ?

Look, why can't the black africans colored african-american negroes just make up their minds?

Every ten years they want an all-new PC word. I think the race-baiters are just getting bored. Colored, Negro, Black- all were the pc terms they wanted until they decided they wanted something new. yet if you just call them people and don't acknowledge race at all, they throw a fit and insist you want to deny them their cultural heritage.

Just stfu already.

117jpg.png

White liberals think that if they don't show any racial unity, other races won't either.

I didn't grow up hearing the term, but when I heard it as an adult, I didn't realize it could be offensive. I just assumed it was a regional and/or generational term....used mostly by older people of all colors.

go tell the NAACP.....:lol:

When ever I see your posts, this always cracks me up:

Remember folks - When Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats took control in January 2007, the federal deficit was $161 billion and unemployment was 4.6%. Now it is 1.6 TRILLION and 9.6%.

Obama's one great achievement was to reawaken America's silent majority of conservatives to become activists. Thanks Obama!! You created the Tea Party!!

Somehow, you left out the cost of two wars, the drugs for votes bill and the 2.4 trillion in tax cuts which went mostly to the wealthy. All this was handed to Obama and the Democrats, but it's their fault. Hilarious. Do you really believe that or is it for the benefit of others more ignorant?
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

Nope, it's"

Obaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaama!

Deal with it bean, your boy is now officially the worst President in US history. It's not even up for debate any longer. The man is completely inept......His legacy is, "The Downgraded President"

When history books are written 100 years from now, the main points of his Presidency will be his failure to lead, his economic ineptness, his inability to reach across the aisle and get things done, 10% unemployment, and DOWNGRADED for the first and only time in US history.

BOY? These right wingers. Liars and racist scumbags with no sense of responsibility. If they are the party of God, their God must be Satan. What else could it be?

Is a white person living in America from an African country also an African American?

Forum List

Back