Glenn Beck Relaunching The Blaze As Global Libertarian News Network

Oh, brother. SO now that these types have completely destroyed the brand they co-opted over the last twelve years or more, then cuddling up cozy to and destroying the Tea Party, by rolling it into the fold too, it is time to destroy the growing libertarian movement through co-opting as well.

Wonderful. These people and their political brand should just be Parasite. Because that is what guys like Beck really are.

Glad to see you are clueless... One less dummy to worry about.

Clueless? Everything he said is true. Beck is no libertarian, and this is him trying to co-opt the libertarian movement and remake it in his image.

Who are you to say who is and isn't a libertarian?
He is more for personal liberties than ANY "liberal".

You guys are no more liberal or progressive than the man on the moon.

[ame=http://youtu.be/i3LnVa7zXgc]Glenn Beck talks to Penn Jillette, author of "Every Day is an Atheist Holiday! More Magical Tales" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Clueless? Everything he said is true. Beck is no libertarian, and this is him trying to co-opt the libertarian movement and remake it in his image.

Small 'L' philosophical libertarianism is founded on very specific and very simple principles.

Primary amongst them is the non-aggression principle.

There is absolutely no evidence to indicate that Beck adheres to that and/or wants to see a society based on that.

Any other questions?

Small 'L' philosophical libertarianism is founded on very specific and very simple principles.

There is absolutely no evidence to indicate that Beck adheres to that and/or wants to see a society based on that.

Any other questions?

Yes, and if you listen to him, that is where he and I part ways with the small "L"

I believe that there are times when you have to fight.

Well I am a libertarian, not a liberal or progressive, and I'm pretty well versed in the history of libertarianism. Beck is not a libertarian, because he's too concerned with national greatness and warmongering. And as "Mr. Libertarian" Murray Rothbard said, "I am getting more and more convinced that the war-peace question is the key to the whole libertarian business." In other words, one cannot be both a warmonger and a libertarian.

Any other questions?

Yes, and if you listen to him, that is where he and I part ways with the small "L"

I believe that there are times when you have to fight.

And this is where you misunderstand the libertarian position. The non-aggression principle does not imply that one cannot employ defensive force when necessary. Only offensive force is prohibited under the non-aggression principle.

Forum List

Back