Glenn Beck: Privatize The Military?

Lightfiend

Jun 17, 2009
Beck shows some interesting words of distrust regarding the government operating our military.

Article and video w/ him and Stossel.

I guess we can say Beck has some anarchist leanings? Good for him. :clap2:

And before you guys go bashing Blackwater as a "market option" please be aware that 90% of their revenue comes from government contracts (aka, taxpayer dollars) - they are NOT a true outcome of market incentives, but government privilige (and therefore - not actually "private").

Last edited:
Beck shows some interesting words of distrust regarding the government operating our military.

Article and video w/ him and Stossel.

I guess we can say Beck has some anarchist leanings? Good for him. :clap2:

And before you guys go bashing Blackwater as a "market option" please be aware that 90% of their revenue comes from government contracts (aka, taxpayer dollars) - they are NOT a true outcome of market incentives, but government privilige (and therefore - not actually "private").

It is an interesting mental excersise:

If the government is incompetent – whether for post-offices, or Amtrack, or public transportation, or, even national security and nation-building – don’t they deserve to be fired? I tend to agree.

By the end of the segment, Beck admits he is not advocating a privatization of the military, but that he does think it is an important option to discuss. He is right.

The question then becomes: Is there anything that government does well?

At one time, I'd say that defending the nation was the US government's paramount acheivement: But 9/11, 12 million illegal aliens crossing our unsecured borders, taking 8 years to defeat and secure a large group of nomadic goat-herders, makes me reluctant to defend the military's (or, more accurately, the military's political leadership's) ability.

If the government is involved, thinks will be fucked up. hey let's put them in charge of more things.

Mussolini had that idea long ago, he combined corporate and government. He called it Fascism.

Considering defense is one of the few things government is mandated to do by the Constitution, I'd say we stop doing all the extraneous crap that isn't mandated and defense will get a lot more efficient.

Considering defense is one of the few things government is mandated to do by the Constitution, I'd say we stop doing all the extraneous crap that isn't mandated and defense will get a lot more efficient.

You're suggesting "Going backwards".....you, know, the gear that has an "R" next to it?:eek::eek:

You're suggesting "Going backwards".....you, know, the gear that has an "R" next to it?:eek::eek:

It was good enough to build this nation from the original 13 states, wasn't it?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic and referencing Obama's recent comments comparing Republican (R) Policy to putting a car in Reverse (R).

Of course, to be fair, the government must raise revenue to maintain armed forces, and buy Louisianna, and pay for Benjamin Franklin's Apartment in Paris.

3. develop a paramilitary force

A private military force — under the exclusive direction of the “commander in chief” with no accountability to Congress, the courts, or the public — blurs the line between a civilian police force and a militarized police state.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic and referencing Obama's recent comments comparing Republican (R) Policy to putting a car in Reverse (R).
I know. :)
Of course, to be fair, the government must raise revenue to maintain armed forces, and buy Louisianna, and pay for Benjamin Franklin's Apartment in Paris.
:lol:

A private military force — under the exclusive direction of the “commander in chief” with no accountability to Congress, the courts, or the public — blurs the line between a civilian police force and a militarized police state.

LOL

:eusa_shhh:

*****waits for Shit to Hit Fan*****

Yup. Bad idea.

On another board, this idiot leftist (is there any other kind?) was convinced I was a traitor to the nation because I was disloyal not to the Office of the President, but to Obama the man.

Forum List

Back