Glenn Beck owned yet again

Do rightwingers really fall for this kind of stupidity? Beck claims that there are over 100 million terrorists in the world. When it is proven that such a claim is a blatant and dishonest lie that only a dittohead might believe, he says "it doesn't matter how many there are".

Yes, yes it does matter Glenn - it matters because YOU claimed it matter until you got called out as fraud...again. Of course the Beck butt sniffers will come along and make excuses for you. and it matters because it's just the kind of fear-mongering that you promote on a nightly basis, fear based on lies, half-truths and rightwing propaganda.

He used researchable figures. He didn't make them up. What I find most interesting is how many people will use this kind of crap to 'shoot the messenger'.... not one comment about the source of the figures.... just Beck. It's fucking moronic, but don't let little details like facts get in the way. :lol:

The point of the matter dummy is that beck has posted and presented no evidence that closed to 10% of Muslims are terrorists, cut and dry and he got called out on his fear mongering, but only an idiot acolyte of Fauxnews would defend his comments and blame others for distorting his words, its classical rightwing backtracking after they've been owned.

You're a racist. You hate Beck because he's a blond haired, blue eyed person of German decent, what you common, militant, black pather types call "the blue eyed devil." Yeah, where did I hear that you may wonder... I used to work in a super maximum security prison, and that's what you BLOODS used to call me too, and all the rest of the whites that worked there.

You're racism is so damn blatant it's PATHETIC bass... sheeezuz Christ... STFU!

Last edited:
More to the point is that if you use Zakarias 1% that means that the other 99% of muslims are saying Nothing about the 1% wanting to Kill Us. Where are all those muslims speaking out. I don't hear them. At least using Glenn Becks 10% means only 90% are silent. Either way over 89% of the muslim population is silent about radical Islam.
I find those numbers troubling.........

So what are you trying to say about the 99%, that they're terrorists? Let me lay this on you, during Jim Crow people like to say that the majority of whites weren't racists, yet this majority didn't really speak out for fear mostly of losing their jobs and being shunned and put in the same position as those "Negroes" who were discriminated against, yet if I were to ignore that and make the same dumb argument you're making how reasonable would that sound?

I re-read what I wrote and it looks pretty clear what I was trying to say ~
I re-read what you wrote several times and I still don't have a clue as to what you were tryin' to "Lay On Me".
Quite frankly I don't give a shit about your ridiculous racisit rant.
I consider any further exchange between us useless as you have shown yourself to be a fool.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
He used researchable figures. He didn't make them up. What I find most interesting is how many people will use this kind of crap to 'shoot the messenger'.... not one comment about the source of the figures.... just Beck. It's fucking moronic, but don't let little details like facts get in the way. :lol:

The point of the matter dummy is that beck has posted and presented no evidence that closed to 10% of Muslims are terrorists, cut and dry and he got called out on his fear mongering, but only an idiot acolyte of Fauxnews would defend his comments and blame others for distorting his words, its classical rightwing backtracking after they've been owned.

You're a racist. You hate Beck because he's a blond haired, blue eyed person of German decent, what you common, militant, black pather types call "the blue eyed devil." Yeah, where did I hear that you may wonder... I used to work in a super maximum security prison, and that's what you BLOODS used to call me too, and all the rest of the whites that worked there.

Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.
The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).

Example of Ad Hominem

Bill: "I believe that abortion is morally wrong."
Dave: "Of course you would say that, you're a priest."
Bill: "What about the arguments I gave to support my position?"
Dave: "Those don't count. Like I said, you're a priest, so you have to say that abortion is wrong. Further, you are just a lackey to the Pope, so I can't believe what you say."

More to the point is that if you use Zakarias 1% that means that the other 99% of muslims are saying Nothing about the 1% wanting to Kill Us. Where are all those muslims speaking out. I don't hear them. At least using Glenn Becks 10% means only 90% are silent. Either way over 89% of the muslim population is silent about radical Islam.
I find those numbers troubling.........

So what are you trying to say about the 99%, that they're terrorists? Let me lay this on you, during Jim Crow people like to say that the majority of whites weren't racists, yet this majority didn't really speak out for fear mostly of losing their jobs and being shunned and put in the same position as those "Negroes" who were discriminated against, yet if I were to ignore that and make the same dumb argument you're making how reasonable would that sound?

I re-read what I wrote and it looks pretty clear what I was trying to say ~
I re-read what you wrote several times and I still don't have a clue as to what you were tryin' to "Lay On Me".
Quite frankly I don't give a shit about your ridiculous racisit rant.
I consider any further exchange between us useless as you have shown yourself to be a fool.

No idiot, the fool is you, because post is has no bearing on the truthfulness of Beck's claims, you're implying that the Muslims who don't speak up must somehow support the terrorists because if they didn't they would speak up more so I presented my example about American whites. Don't like it? I don't give a damn, next time try making a coherent point.

Also Known as: Ad Hominem Abusive.

Description of Personal Attack

A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. After all, no matter how repugnant an individual might be, he or she can still make true claims.

Not all ad Hominems are fallacious. In some cases, an individual's characteristics can have a bearing on the question of the veracity of her claims. For example, if someone is shown to be a pathological liar, then what he says can be considered to be unreliable. However, such attacks are weak, since even pathological liars might speak the truth on occasion.

In general, it is best to focus one's attention on the content of the claim and not on who made the claim. It is the content that determines the truth of the claim and not the characteristics of the person making the claim.

Examples of Personal Attack

In a school debate, Bill claims that the President's economic plan is unrealistic. His opponent, a professor, retorts by saying "the freshman has his facts wrong."
"This theory about a potential cure for cancer has been introduced by a doctor who is a known lesbian feminist. I don't see why we should extend an invitation for her to speak at the World Conference on Cancer."
"Bill says that we should give tax breaks to companies. But he is untrustworthy, so it must be wrong to do that."
"That claim cannot be true. Dave believes it, and we know how morally repulsive he is."
"Bill claims that Jane would be a good treasurer. However I find Bill's behavior offensive, so I'm not going to vote for Jill."
"Jane says that drug use is morally wrong, but she is just a goody-two shoes Christian, so we don't have to listen to her."
Bill: "I don't think it is a good idea to cut social programs."
Jill: "Why not?"
Bill: "Well, many people do not get a fair start in life and hence need some help. After all, some people have wealthy parents and have it fairly easy. Others are born into poverty and..."
Jill: "You just say that stuff because you have a soft heart and an equally soft head."

Forum List

Back