Glenn Beck on Scott Brown: "This one could end with a Dead Intern"

The thing that I think we tend to forget is that no one is perfect - Obama has had his 'open mouth, insert foot' moments.... Everyone who deals with the media has them. The problem is that idiots tend to pick over each word, take things out of context and twist words and sentences to mean something different or to deliberately remove the actual context from the words. It is a dangerous game to play - for anyone - because things tend to come back to bite your ass.

If any of you were ever in the position of being interviewed live on radio or tv, you would find it far harder to 'think on your feet' than you ordinarily do. Even the most well trained, media savvy, celebrity struggles at time.

Personally, to anyone looking to beat Beck up (assuming it is him) with this should be careful they don't pull a muscle when reaching that far.

Because Obama said if elected, McCain would end up with a "dead intern" in his office. Yes, that's exactly it. :lol:

You're falling over yourself to defend Beck, it's quite pathetic actually.

It is different in degree and charm but not in substance what I have been saying all day.

He is a tremendous improvement, but he is not perfection. I like improvements, but I am not going to forget where he has to come from, and what my perspectives are.

I think this is well timed. The MSM gives a lot of heads-up ot the other side, what seem like mild criticism, is really a warning saying "don't go there"

Yes, well timed indeed to say the guy's going to end up with a "dead intern" on his hands. The mind boggles at what a mastermind Beck must be with some sort of plan for saying that. :lol:

I agree Dog.
But my impression was that he made it as digging as possible, knowing that virtually no one could take it seriously. I think he was sayng, 'look here, what happened to another member of congress.

He was saying that: 'You have to be moderate in you personal conduct now that you are in DC.' The congressman obliquely was referring to had nothing to do with the dead intern, Chandra Levy, other than having an inappropriate relationship with her, and then she ended up dead, not by his hand, but by a dangerous person unrelated to anything he had done.

See Gary Condit - "Condit was elected to Congress in a 1989 special election, after House Democratic Whip Tony Coelho resigned. His most important committee assignment was as a senior member on the House Intelligence Committee in the months and years prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C."

Evidence?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4S2bG9Kobk]YouTube - Glenn Beck: What was Scott Brown thinking with the daughters thing?[/ame]

There you go.

That's better. Thanks. I am always happier with actual evidence than some hinky audio clip.

Now, I can understand that this is yet another blow Beck's comments out of all proportion and over analyse it.

glenn beck remains an idiot.

shocker

I have almost never seen his show. I have skipped over it while channel surfing a couple of times. Pausing to watch it is like sneaking a peek under the circus tent to see the freak show.

I fail to see the attraction.

For each of the semi-worthwhile things he has been credited with saying, there have to be a half a dozen dumb-ass things worthy of a smack upside the noggin!

I will agree that Scott Brown is not a panacea for the Conservatives still wandering lost in the wilderness. But his win was still important and peeing in his cornflakes like Beck did in that OP clip? Just stupid.

I agree Dog.
But my impression was that he made it as digging as possible, knowing that virtually no one could take it seriously. I think he was sayng, 'look here, what happened to another member of congress.

He was saying that: 'You have to be moderate in you personal conduct now that you are in DC.' The congressman obliquely was referring to had nothing to do with the dead intern, Chandra Levy, other than having an inappropriate relationship with her, and then she ended up dead, not by his hand, but by a dangerous person unrelated to anything he had done.

See Gary Condit - "Condit was elected to Congress in a 1989 special election, after House Democratic Whip Tony Coelho resigned. His most important committee assignment was as a senior member on the House Intelligence Committee in the months and years prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C."

He just bashed the guy for five minutes. If Glenn Beck wanted to say that, he should of just came out and said it. There is a thing called putting your foot in your mouth and Beck should learn to do it sometimes.

The thing that I think we tend to forget is that no one is perfect - Obama has had his 'open mouth, insert foot' moments.... Everyone who deals with the media has them. The problem is that idiots tend to pick over each word, take things out of context and twist words and sentences to mean something different or to deliberately remove the actual context from the words. It is a dangerous game to play - for anyone - because things tend to come back to bite your ass.

If any of you were ever in the position of being interviewed live on radio or tv, you would find it far harder to 'think on your feet' than you ordinarily do. Even the most well trained, media savvy, celebrity struggles at time.

Personally, to anyone looking to beat Beck up (assuming it is him) with this should be careful they don't pull a muscle when reaching that far.
I agree Cali, but you have to remember how it can go down for a Republican who is too loosey goosey with their personal/private lives. I forgive him for his mis-speaking, but I'm not so sure that he hasn't already planted a poison pill.

That's better. Thanks. I am always happier with actual evidence than some hinky audio clip.

Now, I can understand that this is yet another blow Beck's comments out of all proportion and over analyse it.

The only ones overanalyzing anything are people like you and AH who are doing their best to defend Beck. He made a poor comment in poor taste, deal with it. It's not the first time, nor the last.

Because Obama said if elected, McCain would end up with a "dead intern" in his office. Yes, that's exactly it. :lol:

You're falling over yourself to defend Beck, it's quite pathetic actually.

Actually, you sad bastard, I'm defending Brown. Just you are too fucking stupid to see it. I don't take much that Beck says very seriously - particularly when he's just killing air time...

Thousands of politicians and thousands of radio commentators say shit like this every week. You're clearly just fucking clueless.... how many times have you been interviewed live on tv or radio? Or how many times have you hosted an unscripted radio show? If you had much experience of either, you would understand what I'm saying. That you are stupid is not my problem.

It's Beck.

Brown is a Northeast 'Republican', far righters aren't going to like him, ala Beck. Personally I'm happy with a Brown, I hope he is to the right of Snowe and Collins, I'm pretty sure he is. In any case, I KNOW he's to the right of Coakley.

I agree Cali, but you have to remember how it can go down for a Republican who is too loosey goosey with their personal/private lives. I forgive him for his mis-speaking, but I'm not so sure that he hasn't already planted a poison pill.

Only with the zombies.... oh, wait.... yea, I see what you mean.

The only ones overanalyzing anything are people like you and AH who are doing their best to defend Beck. He made a poor comment in poor taste, deal with it. It's not the first time, nor the last.

The only ones analysing it at all are you idiots. It was a throw-away remark. It was unscripted - unscripted is always dangerous.... and far more entertaining. It meant nothing but I'm sure that, like you, the liberal media will blow it into a bigger deal that Haiti. Idiots.

I agree Dog.

He just bashed the guy for five minutes. If Glenn Beck wanted to say that, he should of just came out and said it. There is a thing called putting your foot in your mouth and Beck should learn to do it sometimes.

I listened to it all, plus I have the benefit of seeing prior mention by Beck. The only impact it will have is on the likes of us, who spend a lot of time chatting back and forth over stuff like this. I will be watching, as I'm sure will you, for consequences of Beck's criique. I bet that Brown will feel a little sting from it but it will turn out to be a well earned rebuke that will benefit him if he is really smart. To have actually come out and said it would've been a more serious matter than this approach. We shall see.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck got really seemingly angry at Scott Brown.

YouTube - Glenn Beck: What was Scott Brown thinking with the daughters thing?

BECK: I want a chastity belt on this man, I want his every move watched in Washington. I don’t trust this guy. No, I’m just telling you. … This one could end with a dead intern. This one could end with a dead intern.

COHOST: Dead intern? I’m not sure I’d go that far.

BECK: I’m just saying it could end with a dead intern. … I’m just saying: Congratulations, now let’s monitor him. Let’s put an ankle bracelet on him. Let’s just know where he is at all times.

COHOST: You’re raining on the parade. We needed 10 minutes of celebration and you are a non-stop rain cloud.

BECK: Okay, we’ll get to the celebration now — if that’s what you think is appropriate.

Massachusetts Senate Race Marks Battle for Soul of Democratic Party - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

I mean, I don't trust Scott Brown yet. Americans don't know him. He posed naked in Cosmopolitan magazine back in 1982. I mean — really? I question the judgment of man who thinks anyone wants to see the male body naked: 100 percent of Americans agree naked males should never, ever be seen — ever. We aren't pretty.

The point is we used to rush and blindly support someone like Brown. Republicans have been burned. So now we've taken the partisan lens off. It's like suddenly, we realized Senator Palpatine was the evil emperor.

On the subject of over-analysing..... shall we review the OP? Who claims that beck 'got really seemingly angry' (exactly what is "really seemingly angry" - one is either really angry or seemingly angry - but one can not be "really seemingly angry"...)

Then, we add a transcript, complete with bolding of certain phrases and sentences in order to back up this 'real seeming anger'.....

You see what I just did Doggie? I just blew your OP totally out of proportion by picking apart a few key phrases.

That is what you do to Beck in this instance. He was laughing and joking and yet 'really' and 'seemingly' 'angry'..... explain to me how anyone on this planet can be both 'really' and seemingly' 'angry' please.

The only ones analysing it at all are you idiots. It was a throw-away remark. It was unscripted - unscripted is always dangerous.... and far more entertaining. It meant nothing but I'm sure that, like you, the liberal media will blow it into a bigger deal that Haiti. Idiots.

Yes, we're all idiots for not thinking the comment wasn't in poor taste or poorly said. Just like we're all idiots for not believing you when you say The Bass isn't a racist, right there princess? :eusa_eh:

And do you mean a bigger deal than Haiti? Again, more insensitive comments that are poorly said, but this time from you.

On the subject of over-analysing..... shall we review the OP? Who claims that beck 'got really seemingly angry' (exactly what is "really seemingly angry" - one is either really angry or seemingly angry - but one can not be "really seemingly angry"...)

Then, we add a transcript, complete with bolding of certain phrases and sentences in order to back up this 'real seeming anger'.....

You see what I just did Doggie? I just blew your OP totally out of proportion by picking apart a few key phrases.

That is what you do to Beck in this instance. He was laughing and joking and yet 'really' and 'seemingly' 'angry'..... explain to me how anyone on this planet can be both 'really' and seemingly' 'angry' please.

See folks, this is CG at her finest, partisan hack and attack the sender galore. But watch out, she'll call you out for supposedly doing it later.

I said seemingly angry because he had harsh words, therefore anger.

I bolded it as to what the thread is about, his comments.

I posted the video and a transcript of that whole bit, there was nothing taken out of context. You're being a hack, and embarrassing yourself. But that's nothing new.

Gary Condit? I took the "dead intern" phrase as a reference to Joe Scarborough.

Same here.

I suppose it could be either, but I see no parallels in the Scarborough incident, other than they were both Rs, but I do in that of Condit; good looking guy, special election in time of turmoil, inappropriate stuff (Condit was screwing around, with the intern, we knew that much) Condit held on for a long time before he finally left office, but Brown wouldn't last long at all.

Here's a link to the Scarborough incident

Last edited:

Forum List

Back