Glenn Beck is correct...again

You seem to think that people voted for Obama because they liked his ideas rather than the fact that they were tired of George Bush.

You know, those last several years, probably few of us would have wanted George W. Bush to run for a third term. I sure didn't.

But I wonder how many who voted for Barack Obama would have preferred George W. Bush to Obama now?

I bet next to none.

You might be wrong there Truth. At least that cowboy know how to protect this country. Wish I could say the same of Barrry.

You know, those last several years, probably few of us would have wanted George W. Bush to run for a third term. I sure didn't.

But I wonder how many who voted for Barack Obama would have preferred George W. Bush to Obama now?

I bet next to none.

You might be wrong there Truth. At least that cowboy know how to protect this country. Wish I could say the same of Barrry.

Always, ALWAYS, trust the cowboy.
Now all the cowboys around here laugh when anyone calls bush a cowboy.
He might hire on but w would never make it to be a hand.

I bet next to none.

Your probably right about that as I don't think he was a horse ridiing, cow herding cowboy. LOL

But I'd still trust him to keep this country safe over the Rock Star Prez. Jeeze.

Ok let me ask this question for 'the I have no idea how many times.' What has 'conservatism' ever done for America? Please list its accomplishments for our culture, technology, and for the working people. I have never received a single substantive answer. The only thing I see in conservatism is reactionary complaining. Who for instance can match FDR or LBJ for establishing a country in which opportunity exists for all.

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

What Is Conservatism and What Is Wrong with It?

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

But I have to agree politics in America today is too divisive, but I see Beck as part of that problem. How is it anything can get if corporations pull the strings of too many politicians and the party that failed under Bush Jr can only bitch and moan today. Neither party can do much good it seems.

PS http://www.counterpunch.com/green11242007.html

>

Last edited:
Then why do you insist on refusing the fact that the country VOTED for Obama and the change he proposed?

The election I voted in had too progressive candidates that led.
I don't think voting against bush was a mandate to convert our country to a full blown nanny state.

In all honesty, both the GOP and Dems want a Nanny state. They just have different rules they want the nanny state to enforce.

Ok let me ask this question for 'the I have no idea how many times.' What has 'conservatism' ever done for America? Please list its accomplishments for our culture, technology, and for the working people. I have never received a single substantive answer. The only thing I see in conservatism is reactionary complaining. Who for instance can match FDR or LBJ for establishing a country in which opportunity exists for all.

But I have to agree politics in America today is too divisive, but I see Beck as part of that problem. How is it anything can get if corporations pull the strings of too many politicians and one party that failed under Bush Jr can only bitch and moan today.

>

IMO, politically, the only use for conservatives are as a minority party; to keep the changes from happening too fast. Conservatives, by their very nature, don't come equipped with 'forward looking radar'. They look to the past. They have proven time and time again, they are not very good at governing.

But I have to agree politics in America today is too divisive, but I see Beck as part of that problem. How is it anything can get if corporations pull the strings of too many politicians and one party that failed under Bush Jr can only bitch and moan today.

>

other than taking a brand new baby nation and creating the strongest, most envied, most properous and most generous nation in the world in a mere 300 years....I guess nothing at all.

And exactly what has liberal progressiism done for America?

PS David Michael Green: If Conservatism is the Ideology of Freedom ....

>

I agree midcam5, its just the dems in congress seem to have been bought by the same people who have always owned the R party.

Your probably right about that as I don't think he was a horse ridiing, cow herding cowboy. LOL

But I'd still trust him to keep this country safe over the Rock Star Prez. Jeeze.

I agree with that. As a matter of fact I would trust black bart or ike clanton, even billy the kid over president obama at this point, at least on safety.
I would expect them to steal what they could, but at least we would know that going in.

PS David Michael Green: If Conservatism is the Ideology of Freedom ....

>

I agree midcam5, its just the dems in congress seem to have been bought by the same people who have always owned the R party.

They always have been on the same payroll, it's just the curtain slipped and now everyone sees the wizard for what he is.

Changing the way congress works would not include presenting the minority party in congress with a bill they could not possibly work with based on their party ideals, and then when they didn't accept any of it, claim they "would not comprimise", or are the "party of no".
That is far from bipartisanship, and is at the opposite end of the spectrum from compromise.
If the democrats in congress had truely attempted to comprimise, they would have accomplished something. At present they have comprimised nothing except further dividing the american people, even to the point that there are now citizen's militias on standby everywhere, not just where I live, where it is the norm, but EVERYWHERE!
That's change, but it isn't change I can believe in.

I agree with the premise here. But there are troubling words that get my blood to boilin' the most agredious is "Bipartisanship". Get Rid of that and FORCE the politicians to really LISTEN to their people as a WHOLE, and just not specific groups? (Meaning the entirety of their Constituents REGARDLESS of the "PARTY LINE")?

We may be onto something. "Bipartisanship is what gets us into TROUBLE in the first place, and NOTICE? It's an overused TERM by BOTH parties.

That is not what they are angry at.

they are angry that NONE of them are getting what the people wnat done.

You forget 65% of US voters wanted the public option.

Which, of course, is why 57% of people oppose this so called health care "reform"

And if given a chance.. a high % of the population would agree to free sex if the government offered it too.... TruthDoesn'tMatter can't get it though her think, undersized skull, that many sheep will inherently state support for things to be given to them

That is not what they are angry at.

they are angry that NONE of them are getting what the people wnat done.

You forget 65% of US voters wanted the public option.

Which, of course, is why 57% of people oppose this so called health care "reform"

And if given a chance.. a high % of the population would agree to free sex if the government offered it too.... TruthDoesn'tMatter can't get it though her think, undersized skull, that many sheep will inherently state support for things to be given to them

And to the things that are GIVEN to them? They will NEVER take care of them. They will take it as a given, and squeal like a pricked PIG when it is taken away. (Much is the case with ANY Government Entitlement or anything they don't have to FIGHT FOR)...Much like their Individual Liberty. <<Which they think comes from GOVERNMENT It doesn't. It has to be fought for...

The Rug of Liberty (TRUE Liberty recognized by the Founders), has been being pulled for Decades...And TruthDoesn'tMatter wants MORE rugpulling from the SAME that are doing the pulling.

*Go Figure*

Last edited:
Wrong again folks the conservatives are bought and sold and dont give a rats ass about you.

The conservatives are not growing, the hate of all bought people is growing.

This is not going to benifit your views.

That is true. I don't really give shit about you. I do care about people in my immediat surroundings you think that the nation should become a fascist commune where everyone cares about each other. It is what hitler wanted

And to the things that are GIVEN to them? They will NEVER take care of them. They will take it as a given, and squeal like a pricked PIG when it is taken away. (Much is the case with ANY Government Entitlement or anything they don't have to FIGHT FOR)...Much like their Individual Liberty. <<Which they think comes from GOVERNMENT It doesn't. It has to be fought for...

The Rug of Liberty (TRUE Liberty recognized by the Founders), has been being pulled for Decades...And TruthDoesn'tMatter wants MORE rugpulling from the SAME that are doing the pulling.

*Go Figure*

First, who is 'they'? Second...can you give examples of what you mean by 'the rug of liberty has been pulled for decades'?

Forum List

Back