Glenn Beck: FOX New's Jon Stewart

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Well as a result of the myriad of Beck threads I've ended up watching about 10 different clips of this guy's show on FOX news.

Do people really take him seriously? He is a conservative version of Jon Stewart. He is a comedy news program IMO and like Jon Stewart you can't take comedy news people seriously.

Why do people get so upset with him and take him so seriously when its just a comedy news show not a serious reporting show?

Well as a result of the myriad of Beck threads I've ended up watching about 10 different clips of this guy's show on FOX news.

Do people really take him seriously? He is a conservative version of Jon Stewart. He is a comedy news program IMO and like Jon Stewart you can't take comedy news people seriously.

Why do people get so upset with him and take him so seriously when its just a comedy news show not a serious reporting show?

:lol: Right. Stewart has sponsers. Beck is just :cuckoo:

Truth is scary sometimes isn't it? If you have an open mind you should read his book, "Common Sense". It will open your eyes to lots of interesting stuff.

Do you know which one gets the most viewers?

Most comedy shows have the whole studio audience laughing thing going on ...

Do you know which one gets the most viewers?

No accounting for Republican taste..

:lol: Sarah. :clap2:

I understand he is on a news network and all guys, i didn't ignore that aspect ;).

To me, after watching, i just dont see why/how people could take everything he says seriously. He is obviously blowing things up/out of context to make a point, usually in a humorous way.

Then again I'm trying to free the lemmings :lol:

Last edited:

I understand he is on a news network and all guys, i didn't ignore that aspect ;).

To me, after watching, i just dont see why/how people could take everything he says seriously. He is obviously blowing things up/out of context to make a point, usually in a humorous way.

Who is "he", Glenn Beck? Jon Stewart blows things out of proportion to be funny and he is successful. He is actually funny, he's been on the air for years, it's a fact, he makes people laugh in a good way.

Glenn Beck is beginning to lose his grip on reality. That isn't funny, it's pathetic and sad.

That's all I'm sayin..

I think a comparison to Stephen Colbert is more appropriate. Beck is sort of like what Colbert would be if he actually meant what he said. :lol:

I think a comparison to Stephen Colbert is more appropriate. Beck is sort of like what Colbert would be if he actually meant what he said. :lol:

Colbert won't even let his daughter watch his show, he feels that she would be traumatized seeing him talk that way. So you may be right.

One of the funniest Colbert lines I've ever heard was on the subject of immigration. He said (probably not verbatim) Look, I know that immigrants built this country, I get it. But you see the thing now is, it's all built.

Who is "he", Glenn Beck? Jon Stewart blows things out of proportion to be funny and he is successful. He is actually funny, he's been on the air for years, it's a fact, he makes people laugh in a good way.

Glenn Beck is beginning to lose his grip on reality. That isn't funny, it's pathetic and sad.

That's all I'm sayin..

By he I meant Glenn Beck, but you could substitute Jon Stewart i guess.

Yeah maybe I should have said "Glenn Beck: FOX News' Steven Colbert" for the title there manifold.

Yeah maybe I should have said "Glenn Beck: FOX News' Steven Colbert" for the title there manifold.

Regardless, I still maintain that your point is at best flawed and at worst completely disingenuous. You and I might find Beck's antics laughable and rightly dismiss anything he has to say, but it's pretty clear that he's not intending for it to be taken as comedy.

Last edited:

Regardless, I still maintain that your point is at best flawed and at worst completely disingenuous. You and I might find Beck's antics laughable and rightly dismiss anything he has to say, but it's pretty clear that he's not intending for it to be taken as comedy.

But it got people talking :eusa_angel:

EDIT: Yeah I knew it was when i posted, just wanted to see the reaction really. I'm a bad boy :slap:

Forum List

Back