Glenn Beck: Firefighters Right to Let Home Burn

It's a good thing the WTc paid it's fire fee back in 1993... imagine how much worse that bombing could have been otherwise.
Wapedia - Wiki: Rescue and recovery effort after the September 11 attacks

The FDNY also received assistance from fire departments in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester County, and other neighboring jurisdictions
thats because those communities also reciprocate that help
this area had NO fire department to do so
and there are many rural areas where they have no fire departments at all

Callus? The man didn't pay 75 bucks that he should have paid to insure fire protection.

So let the house burn....we get it.

Next, our Conservatives will support turning people away from Emergency rooms if they haven't paid up on their premiums. Wait for it.

Yes let the house burn. Would you do your job for free? That's assuming you have a job. I'm willing to bet you're on the govt. teat.

Pity if any other houses burn or people die....that'll teach 'em to pony up the cash beforehand. BRAVO to your fine, fine Traditional Values! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

(and I own my own business with employees working for me and we are doing quite well even tho CA is struggling...thank you for asking...tho I AM getting my military retirement check each month....I bet you'd call that being "on the govt. teat")

Last edited:
If the home owner remembered to pay his home owners insurance he likely made out by having his house burn down.

This fire department was not private or corporate. It was a community fire department ran like a union by their democratically elected dictator. You pay your dues or to hell with you. These type people will burn your business, house, attack you for going to work, not paying dues & not voting the right way. These rank & file were instructed by their communist leader to let it burn in order to teach the community to follow orders & pay dues or else. This was Mafia style protection payment crap.

This had zero to do with republican ideology. Private citizens would have pitched in & helped their fellow man or came to an agreement on what it would cost to risk firemens life & equipment to battle the blaze or lent them their equipment to fight the fire.

Last edited:
Days later and we're still talking about this guy.

Why?

Because he is a fucking moron who is too stupid to take care of himself and his property, so many think we should do it for him. We have made a celebrity out of a man who is too stupid to live.

His problem isn't that his house burned down and the fire department didn't stop it.

His problem is that he is a fucking idiot.

Fire service isn't in the Constitution, it isn't a right.

Yet.

Sheesh....
Rights not enumerated in the constitution are reserved for the states.

The fire deaprtment could have put out the fire, then charged the victim for time and expenses. The fire department had all the sense of literal right and no sense of absolute right.

No, they couldn't have, because that's not the way the citizens of that area set up the system. Guess they should have consulted YOU from the outset, huh?

Why do some people just not understand that there are rules, and you can't just ignore them whenever you "feel" it's a good idea?
I guess I'll always be hamstrung by that pesky conscience and the desire to do the right thing by my neighbor. You're a Conservative and therefore not so constrained as those of us with empathy for our fellow man.

Next, our Conservatives will support turning people away from Emergency rooms if they haven't paid up on their premiums. Wait for it.

Nope. Its better to let illegals and such all get free services at Emergency rooms. That way it just puts the entire hospital out of business and no one can get help.

That's so much more compassionate.

It was Republican Ronald Regan who forced hospitals to treat all patents whether they had money, insurance or the ability to pay. This blame the Republicans dog wont hunt.

This fire department was not private or corporate. It was a city / community fire department that was ran like a union by their bureaucratic elected leader. You pay your dues or to hell with you. These type people will burn your business, house, attack you for going to work, not paying dues & not voting the right way. These rank & file were instructed by their communist leader to let it burn in order to teach the community to follow orders & pay dues or else. This had zero to do with republican ideology.

Private citizens would have pitched in & helped their fellow man or came to an agreement on what it would cost to risk firemens life & equipment to battle the blaze.

Now THAT'S interesting.....It's the UNION's fault now.

It was Republican Ronald Regan who forced hospitals to treat all patents whether they had money, insurance or the ability to pay. This blame the Republicans dog wont hunt.

That means nothing....Reagan gave illegals amnesty and cut n' run from Lebanon....doesn't stop the so-called Right Wing moralists from talking out the other sides of their mouths.

It's a good thing the WTc paid it's fire fee back in 1993... imagine how much worse that bombing could have been otherwise.

No, it's a good thing that civilized communities have emergency services as a public commodity, and don't care about your ability to pay for them. It's only in the survival of only the fittest third world jungles, and other conservative areas, that want to deny them to the poor.

This fire department was not private or corporate. It was a city / community fire department that was ran like a union by their bureaucratic elected leader. You pay your dues or to hell with you. These type people will burn your business, house, attack you for going to work, not paying dues & not voting the right way. These rank & file were instructed by their communist leader to let it burn in order to teach the community to follow orders & pay dues or else. This had zero to do with republican ideology.

Private citizens would have pitched in & helped their fellow man or came to an agreement on what it would cost to risk firemens life & equipment to battle the blaze.

Now THAT'S interesting.....It's the UNION's fault now.
Give them time and soon they'll find a rationalization to blame Hollywood and Liberal professors too! :rofl:

This fire department was not private or corporate. It was a community fire department ran like a union by their democratically elected dictator. You pay your dues or to hell with you. These type people will burn your business, house, attack you for going to work, not paying dues & not voting the right way. These rank & file were instructed by their communist leader to let it burn in order to teach the community to follow orders & pay dues or else. This was Mafia style protection payment crap.

This had zero to do with republican ideology. Private citizens would have pitched in & helped their fellow man or came to an agreement on what it would cost to risk firemens life & equipment to battle the blaze or lent them their equipment to fight the fire.

The problem with that being that the equipment doesn't belong to those individual private citizens or the firefighters, so it's not their decision to make on loaning it out.

As far as I'm concerned, this community made a bad choice when it set up the system, and the homeowner made a bad choice when he decided not to comply with the system where he lives. It's not actually anyone else's responsibility to make up for those bad choices.

YouTube - Beck On Family's Whose Home Burned Down As Firefighters Watched

(sarcastically) Compassion, compassion, compassion.

They guy who lost his house was interviewed last night. He said he forgot the 75 bucks, but paid all his other taxes. He tried to pay the Firefighters and neighbors came out and offered the Firefighters even MORE money.

Worse, several of the firefighters were reported sick and crying. Some simply went home.

Is this the "Moral America" Glenn is talking about? Tea Party "morals"?

What if Social Security is privatized? And those people lose their money? Do they live on the street?

Is this what the right is pushing? Every man for himself?

Is it easier for someone like Glenn Beck who makes 32 million a year watch someone else's house to burn down?

It sure looks that way.

:eusa_whistle:

YouTube - Beck On Family's Whose Home Burned Down As Firefighters Watched

(sarcastically) Compassion, compassion, compassion.

They guy who lost his house was interviewed last night. He said he forgot the 75 bucks, but paid all his other taxes. He tried to pay the Firefighters and neighbors came out and offered the Firefighters even MORE money.

Worse, several of the firefighters were reported sick and crying. Some simply went home.

Is this the "Moral America" Glenn is talking about? Tea Party "morals"?

What if Social Security is privatized? And those people lose their money? Do they live on the street?

Is it easier for someone like Glenn Beck who makes 32 million a year watch someone else's house to burn down?

The Republican Motto is: "I've got mine - screw you."

I'm not sure what the political persuasion of the parties involved here is, but what happened seems to fall right in line with the attitude of most of today's Republicans.

Nope. Its better to let illegals and such all get free services at Emergency rooms. That way it just puts the entire hospital out of business and no one can get help.

See...it's only a matter of time before people are turned away from Emergency Rooms.....Traditional Values RULE!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

A liberal checking in here to agree with you. Fancy that.

The wife and I have had to go to our local emergency room three or four times in the past six or so years. The scene when we went was always the same - the waiting room was packed with mostly Hispanic people, the vast majority of whom did not have a medical emergency. They were merely seeking help for their children who had colds or similar, minor medical problems.

Why were they in the emergency room? No health insurance. The result for the folks who were in there with genuine emergencies? A minimun four-hour wait before even being able to see a doctor.

How many times did the FDNY stand around and watch someone's home burn down?

How many calls did they respond to that they were legally barred from responding to?
They weren't legally barred from responding.

Who wasn't?

The city of Fulton prohibits its fire department from responding to any fires outside the city limits unless the person calling pays a $75 rural fee in advance. How is it that the fire department from that city not legally obligated to follow the laws of that city?

I await your undoubtedly intelligent rejoinder.

I hope for an admission that I am right, and you are wrong.

I expect neither.

Rather than standing firm on Conservative/Libertarian dogma, why couldn't the fire department put out the fire and then charge the homeowner for their time and expenses?

That seems to be the solution.

Stand around and watch someone lose their home and then thump chests and proclaim a Conservative victory?!? Why not do the right thing first and then rape the victim latter? You want to screw a working man blue anyway.

That way, Conservatives could have their cake AND eat it too!

The law of the city of Fulton says they cannot do that.

End of discussion.

How many times did the FDNY stand around and watch someone's home burn down?
better question;

how many house fires did the FDNY respond to that were outside of their legal jurisdiction?
Where I live, it is quite common for surrounding fire depts to assist in putting out fires in neighboring jurisdictions so the fires won't spread.

I believe the neighbor who paid his $75.00 should sue the Fire Department and the Mayor for allowing the fire to spread to his house at which point they finally did something. It was the Fire Departments fault for ALL the damage the fire did to his house and he has every right to sue. Bet that changes their rules real quick.

Forum List

Back