Glenn Beck: Dry Drunk on Display

You know......Beck claims to be self educated (saw him say it at the CPAC speech), and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But......it helps to have a framework of education to build upon, as well as understanding the intent of what was written.

Remember when he claimed this country was great because of the 10 bucks people were paying to get here? He didn't read far enough to find out it was a 10 dollar tax on imported slaves.

:lol:

The problem with Beck is he has a microphone and no friends. Friends would pull him aside and do a reality check. Angry drunks are often loners and rebels without a clue as well as without critical thinking skills.

Damn, you liberals are some of the most vile, angry intolerant people I have ever encountered.

You know......Beck claims to be self educated (saw him say it at the CPAC speech), and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But......it helps to have a framework of education to build upon, as well as understanding the intent of what was written.

Remember when he claimed this country was great because of the 10 bucks people were paying to get here? He didn't read far enough to find out it was a 10 dollar tax on imported slaves.

:lol:

The problem with Beck is he has a microphone and no friends. Friends would pull him aside and do a reality check. Angry drunks are often loners and rebels without a clue as well as without critical thinking skills.

Know what else bothers me about him? While in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for about 8 years. During that time I had to learn the 12 and 12.

The 11th Tradition states "Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion. We need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."

What I was told that meant was that in the meetings, last names, phone numbers, etc. were all good to go. Why? Everyone at the meeting was there to get help and wanted to remain anonymous in case they relapsed.

When AA first got going, there were some famous people who had been helped and wanted to promote AA to others, and use their fame to do so. Bill W and Dr. Bob stated that wouldn't work, because what would happen to the public perception of AA if a famous person claimed that is what helped them, and then ended up going through a relapse?

The majority saw what would happen. People would quit coming to AA as a solution, because the bad publicity from a famous person relapsing would seriously tarnish it's image. Hence.......the 11th Tradition.

The whole reasoning for it is laid down in a book called "AA Comes of Age" (required reading for my job).

Whenever Beck gets up and tells everyone that he's a recovering alcoholic in print, on the television, or in the public eye, he's breaking the 11th Tradition.

Someone at his local meetings should clue him in.

And yes........because of 8 years as a DAPA, I saw people go through the 39 steps prior to relapse. Entitlement, blaming, and looking for scapegoats like he has been would place him in the mid 30's right now.

Nobody gives a fuckaroo what Bill Bennit says .
You juss keep on tellin yaself dat...yuh heah?!?!

roflmao.gif

That's exactly what FOX NEWS CORP Head Honch Roger Ailes says too.

Amazing...when caught being dooshbaghs the lunatic fringe admits it's spokespeole and tribunes are nothing but angry, loud mouthed dooshbaghs pulling in ratings and laughing all the way to the bank :lol:

gawd, I love RWL! :rofl:

Fox are doing very nicely in the ratings, as is Beck. I can see why that is annoying for the left.

Btw, I see you stole a line of mine for your sig. How rude.
another RWL @ USMB response? :lol:

I have no ill will towards the idea of FOX making money or doing well. I am an elitist who has very little respect for most public opinion and most of the media...entertainment and otherwise.

I don't like propaganda posing as reasoned and rational debate, but that is what MOST of the public puts up with.

One cannot be intelligent and insightful and have any real respect for the majority of public opinion. The politicians and the parties don't...that is why they hire the PR and Media people they do.

get with IT or forever remain a nitwit on an anonymous internet message board who is deluded enough to imagine people take you seriously.

:cool:
Dante

hey, see what is on the cbs blog?

something about Rush slamming Beck and Beck saying he believes in Global Warming?
he has also shown a willingness to break with right-wing orthodoxy, as evidenced by a new interview in which he says he believes global warming is real and thinks a legitimate case can be made that it's been caused by mankind.

Beck even goes so far as to question the connection between the GOP and perhaps its most admired member, telling USA Weekend that "I don't think [Ronald] Reagan was a real Republican."

Another conservative radio host, Mark Levin, is also taking a shot at Beck for his CPAC comments. Levin said Beck should "stop acting like a clown" and "dividing" Republicans, Politico reports.

Dan Rather tried to influence a presidential election with forged documents and and he makes big money on the lecture circuit. The left has ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, PBS and the comedy channel. Why is the bigoted left so annoyed at Glen Beck?

Glenn Beck is supposed to be a recovering alcoholic.

Where is the 'recovery' with this man? From what I can tell Mr. Beck is nothing but an angry, loud mouthed blowhard who happens to have a microphone. Beck may be sober, but in recovery?

We all know people like him in real lifeam and very few people like them and what they say or do in public, but give them a microphone and IT is entertainment.

But is this entetainment worthy of entering the serious public debate? His message(s)...It's poisonous, devisive, alienating and obnoxious. Anyone know how to spell T-E-A B-A-G-H P-A-R-T-Y?

Maybe when the Lunatic Fringe on the Right takes over the GOP they will consider renaming their party the TB Party?

Pay me millions and I'll be a dick on tv too. :)

Glenn Beck is supposed to be a recovering alcoholic.

Where is the 'recovery' with this man? From what I can tell Mr. Beck is nothing but an angry, loud mouthed blowhard who happens to have a microphone. Beck may be sober, but in recovery?

We all know people like him in real lifeam and very few people like them and what they say or do in public, but give them a microphone and IT is entertainment.

But is this entetainment worthy of entering the serious public debate? His message(s)...It's poisonous, devisive, alienating and obnoxious. Anyone know how to spell T-E-A B-A-G-H P-A-R-T-Y?

Maybe when the Lunatic Fringe on the Right takes over the GOP they will consider renaming their party the TB Party?

Pay me millions and I'll be a dick on tv too. :)
Bingo

Forum List

Back