Glenn Beck: Doctor says eye disease could blind me

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100720/ap_en_ot/us_tv_beck_going_blind

NEW YORK – Fox News Channel's Glenn Beck says he's been diagnosed with an eye disease that could eventually blind him. The conservative commentator told an audience attending his "American Revival" tour over the weekend in Salt Lake City that a doctor told him he has the degenerative disease macular dystrophy.

Beck says he went to a doctor for testing because he had trouble focusing with his eyes. "He said, `You have macular dystrophy. ... You could go blind in the next year. Or, you might not."

Beck said he replied: "Did you just charge me a thousand dollars for knowing what I knew my whole life?"

Hope he'll be able to fight it and that he won't go blind.

If he goes blind, will it effect his voice at all?

:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray: :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray: :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray: :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray: :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrzRhIiLQ08"]YouTube - Glenn Beck Meltdown Song - Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead[/ame]

some of you people are real trash.

my family has this same eye disease.

yet you joke.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it , that makes it harder for him to ever see the truth

I'm quite confident that if he does go blind, he will still see more truth than a lot of people on this board.

However, I'm confident that Glenn will be speaking out on things for years to come.

some of you people are real trash.

my family has this same eye disease.

yet you joke.

I'm with you Steph. I don't see humor in another person's suffering, I don't care who he or she is, and I have a difficult time appreciating people who do.

Macular distrophy is the more severe and usually the fastest acting of all the macular degenerative diseases, and the chances are good he will lose his sight. Those suffering from this disease can have their sight restored through corneal transplants, though sooner or later the new corneas can be similarly afflicted. It isn't something anybody would wish on anybody.

My wife has had it for years, she uses special drops.
Hope he keeps his vision, like Billy Hoyle not being able to hear Jimmy.
Glenn can listen to Obama but he can't hear him, he needs what little clarity he can muster.

Forum List

Back