Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth'

I'm so happy I have a great memory.

Tea Party Offers Summer Camp

One example at Liberty: Children will win hard, wrapped candies to use as currency for a store, symbolizing the gold standard. On the second day, the "banker" will issue paper money instead. Over time, students will realize their paper money buys less and less, while the candies retain their value.

"Some of the kids will fall for it," Lukens said. "Others kids will wise up."

Another example: Starting in an austere room where they are made to sit quietly, symbolizing Europe, the children will pass through an obstacle course to arrive at a brightly decorated party room (the New World).

:cuckoo:

The 9-12 project is a project of Glenn Beck, of course.

Oh my.....

Oh it gets worse..

Event: LPR Retreat, February 22-23 | Denver Metro Young Republicans
2007 LPR Retreat | Denver Metro Young Republicans
Lawrence County Young Republicans Summer Picnic - Topix

Heaven's to Betsy!

Is Beck tacitly approving of the killings? After all, wouldn't most want to stop Hitler Youth before they became Hitler adults?

beck uses the norway killings as a springboard to replay his anti-islam warnings, which he calls a famous monologue. but he apparently cannot tell denmark from the netherlands.
Yeah, you're right. I started listening to the tape of his show and that's exactly what he does, liken the children to Nazi Youth and then go on a rant about how Muslims are destroying Europe.

its the racism twisted back on itself.

they have been pretending that the other side is the racist side for so long they are starting to actually believe it

I'm going to sit back and wait for the rightwingloons to arrive to condemn Beck for politicizing a tragedy.

Hatin' hatters

glenn-beck-tin-foil-hat-thumb.jpg

I actually believe that the people of Norway have the right to curtail immigration of people who are not Norse into their nation.

I just think killing kids isn't the best way to accomplish that.

Radio personality Glenn Beck is taking flak for comparing the young Norwegian shootings victims and their friends to "Hitler Youth."

"As the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said on his program this morning.

Classy.

Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth' - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

cretin

Really piss poor timing on that kind of joke.

60 days from now it will be in someones standup routine and then it will be funny.

I will say, for the record, on the face of it, this appears to have been an outrageous comment. And I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it.

My problem, however, is that I have only one sentence so I have no context for his comment. Now, I'm not sure what context he could put it in that would make it any less offensive..... but... given the left's habit of, shall we say, misrepresenting what Beck said, I would definitely want the whole context before I jump all over him for it. For example, I constantly hear about how he 'hates' the victims of 9-11.... yet, when I read the full comment of Beck's on that particular issue, that is not what he said at all. It was, again, a left wing spin of his words.

So, I'll reserve any outrage until I see exactly what he said instead of one sentence. Always a good idea to get the context...... for intelligent people anyway.

Carry on with the faux outrage.

Notice that CG couldn't bear to simply condemn a conservative without attaching some sort of 'yeah but' to it.

I'm just curious, do me a theoretical exercise please...you claim you need more context to actually condemn this, to actually refrain from accusing others of FAUX outrage at this.

The exercise is, put the statement into any context you want, theoretically, that would cause it not to be totally odious and repugnant.

Can you do that?

Radio personality Glenn Beck is taking flak for comparing the young Norwegian shootings victims and their friends to "Hitler Youth."

"As the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said on his program this morning.

Classy.

Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth' - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

:lol: you guys are falling into the "Beck Trap"

BECK TRAP: Say something so dumb, wrong, and wild that the national media pays attention to you ;)

cretin

60 days from now it will be in someones standup routine and then it will be funny.

comedy = tragedy + time

the only thing is glen skipped the time part and HE WAS BEING SERIOUS

I will say, for the record, on the face of it, this appears to have been an outrageous comment. And I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it.

My problem, however, is that I have only one sentence so I have no context for his comment. Now, I'm not sure what context he could put it in that would make it any less offensive..... but... given the left's habit of, shall we say, misrepresenting what Beck said, I would definitely want the whole context before I jump all over him for it. For example, I constantly hear about how he 'hates' the victims of 9-11.... yet, when I read the full comment of Beck's on that particular issue, that is not what he said at all. It was, again, a left wing spin of his words.

So, I'll reserve any outrage until I see exactly what he said instead of one sentence. Always a good idea to get the context...... for intelligent people anyway.

Carry on with the faux outrage.

The piece I linked to has a link to the audio in it so you are free to get all the context you want.

However, I am curious.....can you provide an example of the kind of context associated with that comment that would make it okay to you?

No, I can't.... which is why I said 'I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it'.

However, I said the same thing about his apparent insult towards the victims of 9-11 but, when I researched what he actually said, I found he was misrepresented. Hence, I hesitate to accept it on face value. I rarely accept anything on face value so I want to take a look at the full context, not selective chunks but the whole conversation. That's just me, I like context. I find context valuable to understand what is actually being said.

Will CG be back after she's 'researched' this?

I'm guessing either no, or she won't link to her 'research'.

Classy.

Tampa Liberty School - a summer camp for kids aged 8-12 years old - The Tampa 9-12 Project (Tampa, FL) - Meetup

Tampa Liberty School - a summer camp for kids aged 8-12 years old

The Tampa 912 Project is pleased to introduce the Tampa Liberty School. This part-time summer camp will meet from 9am to noon on July 11-15 at the Paideia School in Temple Terrace. Kids aged 8-12 years old will have fun while learning the principles of liberty, free markets, and limited government.

...sponsored by the Beck 9/12 project.

cretin

comedy = tragedy + time

the only thing is glen skipped the time part and HE WAS BEING SERIOUS

You sure about that? Did you listen to the show? If not, you have no idea.

Besides, it is creepy to send kids to a politics camp. Especially considering that is what was done during WW2 and they were part of it.

Classy.

Tampa Liberty School - a summer camp for kids aged 8-12 years old - The Tampa 9-12 Project (Tampa, FL) - Meetup

The Tampa 912 Project is pleased to introduce the Tampa Liberty School. This part-time summer camp will meet from 9am to noon on July 11-15 at the Paideia School in Temple Terrace. Kids aged 8-12 years old will have fun while learning the principles of liberty, free markets, and limited government.

creepy

fyi, Beck doesn't run the 9/12 project.

Nice try though, hack

creepy

Nice try though, hack

he obviously supports the project.

Kinda like Hitler did not directly run the concentration camps either?

Last edited:
creepy

Nice try though, hack

no, he doesn't run it. promotes it all the time, talks about how great it is, started it... but no, he doesn't run it.

hardly a connection there at all.

Last edited:

creepy

Nice try though, hack

he started it though, hack. :lol:

creepy

Nice try though, hack

hitler did not run the hitler youth, either. disturbing.

Forum List

Back