Glenn Beck Admits Lying at Rally: 'I Thought It Would Be A Little Easier'

Glenn Beck Admits Lying: 'I Thought It Would Be A Little Easier' (VIDEO)

Video in Link.

After being called on a white lie he told during his Restoring Honor rally, Glenn Beck admitted Thursday that he stretched the truth because he "thought it would be a little easier."

Beck had claimed that he held George Washington's handwritten first Inaugural Address in his hands at the National Archives, but a spokeswoman at the institution said he did no such thing. Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz and others called him out for the fabrication.

Thursday on his radio show, Beck copped to the lie.

"I thought it would be a little easier in the speech," Beck said, than to go into the following elaborate explanation (via Mediaite):

Beheld would have worked as well as held.
Stupid for him to do this, I think this is the lying to himself he was talking about

Only hypocrites and idiots would think that telling a lie at a "restoring honor" rally is nothing.

If you can't show honesty, how the fuck can you expect to turn people back to God? One of His big rules is "thou shalt not bear false witness".

Only hypocrites and idiots would think that telling a lie at a "restoring honor" rally is nothing.

If you can't show honesty, how the fuck can you expect to turn people back to God? One of His big rules is "thou shalt not bear false witness".

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor" That is the commandment. Not "thou shalt not bear false witness". If you're gonna quote the Bible, at least be accurate. Exactly who was Beck bearing false witness against?

Gosh, this is HUGE!

Good grief. I have to say when stuff like this comes to light...if this is the worst that can be dug up, after all the work the left does to smear anyone who publicly upholds the right, I feel pretty good about things.

Please link to a quote where someone said this is the worst lie Beck has told.

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor" That is the commandment. Not "thou shalt not bear false witness". If you're gonna quote the Bible, at least be accurate. Exactly who was Beck bearing false witness against?

Typical idiot conservative tactic......since it's not against his neighbor, it's okay to lie.

Bullshit......he bore false witness (he said that he'd held the document, obviously embellished to make himself look better in the eyes of the people at the rally), to EVERYONE who was listening to his screeching bullshit.

Go ahead......justify Beck's lie.

Typical idiot conservative tactic......since it's not against his neighbor, it's okay to lie.

Bullshit......he bore false witness (he said that he'd held the document, obviously embellished to make himself look better in the eyes of the people at the rally), to EVERYONE who was listening to his screeching bullshit.

Trust you to assume I'm justifying jack shit, ya moron. I just happen to think that, if one is gonna quote, one should get the fucking quote right.

Do I approve of what Beck said? No. Is it a big deal? No. As I said, anyone who spends that amount of time talking is gonna, on occasion, fuck up. It is not a big deal and if it's the best that the left can come up with, then that's pretty fucking lame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Z5KZ42GXw]YouTube - Obama, Which One Did You Vote For?[/ame]

Quick question. Do you consider Obama's statements that all combat troops in Iraq have been brought home to be a lie?

Quick question. Do you consider Obama's statements that all combat troops in Iraq have been brought home to be a lie?

Our combat mission IS over in Iraq, and you can expect the rest of the troops to be outta there in a year.

Our combat mission IS over in Iraq, and you can expect the rest of the troops to be outta there in a year.
you didnt answer his question
you didnt even address it

So what did DOD do replace all combat troops with non combat troops?

So what did DOD do replace all combat troops with non combat troops?

Hey stupid......some battalions are designated combat units. All of those have left, I watched the troop pull out to Kuwait on MSNBC (they're the only ones to run live coverage of that).

The ones that are left are what is called "support" troops, and no, their primary mission is not combat.

Might wanna read up on the military sometime.

You, me and a whole bunch of other posters on here know that we still have 'combat' troops in Iraq. Obama Lied.

Then why did the LT in the LAST TRUCK to cross into Kuwait state quite plainly on MSNBC that he was proud to be the last combat unit out of Iraq?

Forum List

Back