Glen Becks ratings fall off a cliff

He had no opposition at the convention.

One thing you have to blame on the Republicans. Can't even blame that on Carter.

I did not vote for him in the primaries. However KY's primary is so late that it does not matter.
I think all primaries should be on the same day.

Have you seen the proposed primary rule changes? I think they have been adopted, but don't hold me to that.

The new rule, written after months of painstaking negotiations among senior members of the national committee, would push the beginning of the presidential nominating process back a month, to Feb., as part of a plan to prevent wealthy candidates from stealing the nomination.

GOP caucuses and primaries would be held that month in the 4 early states — the rule codifies IA, NH, SC and NV as states allowed to hold contests in a “pre-window.” Every other state would be allowed to hold their nominating contests on or after the first Tuesday in March.

But there’s an important caveat, members of the Temporary Delegate Selection Committee said: Any state that holds its nominating contest before the first day of April — that is, any state that rushes to front-load their nominating process — will have to award their delegates on a proportional basis.

That’s a dramatic change from previous party rules; many states awarded delegates on a winner-take-all basis, setting up key dates on which candidates could win big chunks of delegates and shut out their rivals. In ’08, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) won all of FL’s delegates, even though he won just 36% of the vote. Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee won a combined 59% of the vote — and no delegates. Giuliani, who had viewed the state as a firewall, dropped out of the race that night.

RNC proposes key changes to 2012 presidential primaries Hot Air

yeah well KY's primary is the second tuesday in May I believe.
Not much help there.

People should not be taking up residency in multiple States during Primary Season to vote in multiple Primaries either. Sometimes I have a really hard time with the circus our Election Process turns into.

Have you seen the proposed primary rule changes? I think they have been adopted, but don't hold me to that.

The new rule, written after months of painstaking negotiations among senior members of the national committee, would push the beginning of the presidential nominating process back a month, to Feb., as part of a plan to prevent wealthy candidates from stealing the nomination.

GOP caucuses and primaries would be held that month in the 4 early states — the rule codifies IA, NH, SC and NV as states allowed to hold contests in a “pre-window.” Every other state would be allowed to hold their nominating contests on or after the first Tuesday in March.

But there’s an important caveat, members of the Temporary Delegate Selection Committee said: Any state that holds its nominating contest before the first day of April — that is, any state that rushes to front-load their nominating process — will have to award their delegates on a proportional basis.

That’s a dramatic change from previous party rules; many states awarded delegates on a winner-take-all basis, setting up key dates on which candidates could win big chunks of delegates and shut out their rivals. In ’08, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) won all of FL’s delegates, even though he won just 36% of the vote. Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee won a combined 59% of the vote — and no delegates. Giuliani, who had viewed the state as a firewall, dropped out of the race that night.

I think many of those rules have some potential. But I really am against this "open" primary bullcrap.

Isn't that up to the States?

States With Open Primaries

According to the website FairVote, the following states have open primaries: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.

States with Closed Primaries

According to the website FairVote, the following states have closed primaries: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. Primaries in the District of Columbia also are closed.

Open Vs. Closed Primary Elections | eHow.com

I think many of those rules have some potential. But I really am against this "open" primary bullcrap.

Isn't that up to the States?

States With Open Primaries

According to the website FairVote, the following states have open primaries: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.

States with Closed Primaries

According to the website FairVote, the following states have closed primaries: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. Primaries in the District of Columbia also are closed.

Open Vs. Closed Primary Elections | eHow.com

So, in effect, in a State with Open Primaries, with a Candidate having Landslide support, His supporters are free to undermine the competition by voting in the Primary for the least likely Contender to win in the General Election. I'm shocked!!!:evil:

Even Rush supported movements that did just that. Both sides did.

Actually the media selected McCain for the Repubes and they fell for it.

He sucked, and still does!

Really??

Who did Fox News support? Who did Limbaugh support?

Rudy G

And what went down with Rudy? Let me know if you need a hint.

Neither Limbaugh nor Fox News 'supported'/endorsed anybody. Both did their best to give us a chance to evaluate the conservative credentials or lack thereof of the candidates. Fox didn't take a position on anybody. But Limbaugh definitely opposed McCain from the beginning until he was the last man standing. Then it was either back McCain or a one of the most liberal leftists in Congress.

That would be a no brainer for Limbaugh.

Forum List

Back