Glen Beck

Is it true?
is what true?

and i assume you are asking me even though you didnt quote me

I'm asking a rhetorical question. From listening to Rush talk about how President Obama has a "Messiah Complex", I've realized that Rush is the one with this problem. Everything that came out of his mouth was "I predicted this", just generally self loving himself. He seems to think that he is God.

Oh for heaven's sake Sky. You linked it. Rush is commenting on and pointing out dishonesty in somebody else's interview. Read what is in your own link:

CIZIK: It damaged it because it became perceived by millions and millions of Americans as captive to a conservative ideology, not captive to Jesus or the Gospel but captive to an ideology that, uh, has departed from -- in so many ways from -- historic evangelicalism. We're trying to say, "We're for these things," and among those is you see, uh, this, uh, command to -- first and foremost in everything -- follow Jesus. Not the Republican Party or Rush Limbaugh or anybody else, but to follow what the Gospel says.

RUSH: This guy can't be an evangelical. I mean, it says here he's an evangelical. But every evangelical that I've ever heard on radio or TV does not say "Jesus." He says, "Jeeeee-SUS!" and "God-duh." You don't just say "Jesus." " Jeeeee-SUS!" So then Richard Cizik and the host had this exchange...

GROSS: (whispering) You mentioned the Republican Party and Rush Limbow. (sick) Do you think that some of the positions that evangelicals have been taking politically are to keep that alliance with the Republican Party and with powerful people with microphones like Rush Limbow?

CIZIK: Oh, of course! In other words, there are strong forces within evangelicalism against change.

RUSH: Well, this is a bunch of gobbledygook. There are "a bunch of forces within evangelicalism that are against change." Does this mean that I am more popular than The Beatles? Well, I'm just asking a question. More popular than John Lennon? Ooh! Ooo! Did you notice the NPR babe? (whispering) "Uh, you mentioned, uh, the Republican Party and Rush Limbow. Do you think, uh, that some of the positions that evangelicals been taken politically are to keep that alliance with the Republican Party with powerful people with microphones like Rush Limbow?" (laughing)

We're always at a disadvantage to get the full context from a Rush transcript though because we can't get the voice inflections and exaggerated tone that he uses to illustrate absurdity with absurdity. I don't have a membership to the paid part of his website, so I can't snag the video. But Rush in no way is saying what you seem to be saying he said.

I posted what Rush said. That's what I'll do from now on. His words only.

Last edited:
I admire anyone who is willing to put themselves out there for all the world to critique. I believe honesty is soon to be a thing of the past. To many fear the consequences. I am proud that Mr. Beck is not one of them. If we do our homework, as he suggest, then we have access to the same information. Then, at least, we can make an informed choice about what to believe. CONTINUE ON MY GOOD MAN....

Last edited:
Is it true?
is what true?

I'm asking a rhetorical question. From listening to Rush talk about how President Obama has a "Messiah Complex", I've realized that Rush is the one with this problem. Everything that came out of his mouth was "I predicted this", just generally self loving himself. He seems to think that he is God.

Yeah, the 'Talent on loan from God' guy pointing at someone else as having a Messiah complex. too funny

is what true?

Yeah, the 'Talent on loan from God' guy pointing at someone else as having a Messiah complex. too funny

Everyone's talent is a gift from God.

How is that a Messiah complex?

here is bio of glen beck

Glenn Lee Beck (born February 10, 1964) is an American conservative[4] radio and television host, political commentator, author, and entrepreneur. He is the host of The Glenn Beck Program, a nationally syndicated talk-radio show that airs throughout the United States on Premiere Radio Networks; He is also the host of a self-titled cable-news show on Fox News Channel. As an author, Beck has had six New York Times-bestselling books, with five debuting at #1.[1] Beck is also the founder and CEO of Mercury Radio Arts, a multi-media production company through which he produces content for radio, television, publishing, the stage, and the Internet.
Beck was born in Everett, Washington and raised as a Roman Catholic. He obtained his first broadcast job as a disc-jockey for his hometown radio station at the age of 13 after winning a contest. When his mother died, Beck moved to Bellingham, where he attended high school. After graduation, he worked at radio stations in Provo, Utah, Washington D.C. and New Haven, Connecticut. Along the way, Beck married and divorced his first wife. He also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse, and went through recovery in the mid 1990s. After marrying his second wife Tania in 1999, the couple converted to Mormonism.
Beck's array of media outlets have brought him wealth and popularity, along with recurring controversy and criticism. His supporters praise him as a constitutional stalwart defending traditional American values from secular progressivism,[5] while his critics contend he promotes conspiracy theories and employs incendiary rhetoric for ratings

More nutbags for the right to follow blindly , just great.

The man is a loser.

People should only watch the greats of our time.....the true giants of Media.

Chris Mathews
Ed Schultz
Keith Olberman.
Rachel Maddow

Wait,I'm being told people do watch these folks.....about 22 of you every night....:tongue:

:eusa_clap::clap2:

Everyone's talent is a gift from God.

How is that a Messiah complex?

So a brilliant con artist has God to thank for his talent?

Forum List

Back