Glen Beck will Eventually do GREAT Harm to the Right...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/world/americas/24iht-dems.3272493.html

Obama had written in his first book, "Dreams From My Father" (1995), before entering politics, that he had used marijuana and cocaine ("maybe a little blow"). He said he had not tried heroin because he did not like the pusher who was trying to sell it to him.

In an interview here at a meeting of the American Society of Magazine Editors, Obama said he was not making light of the subject.

Myth debunked for Avatar, there you go.

How is showing im right debunking a thing?

Bwah?

Are you sure you're not the one smoking crack?

And yet, you blindly followed a president who was an admitted alcoholic.

And we have a crack addict as president now. big whoop. Since when has drug use been an issue in this country?

Crack addict?

Nice lie.

What Drives you to Defend Barry?...

He has Used Cocaine, as he Admitted... Back when he Gravited to Marxists... As he Admitted.

Crack is Cocaine and Addiction is Debatable...

Why would you even Type a Key Defending the Coke-Head on a Shot like that?

:)

peace...

Blu, why are you dodging my questions? I know that accusations are easy to hurl and you libidiots do it so well, but how about backing up your claim?

You say Beck questions the official 9/11 story?

What is the official 9/11 story and can you provide a link to where Beck questions it?

And we have a crack addict as president now. big whoop. Since when has drug use been an issue in this country?

Crack addict?

Nice lie.

What Drives you to Defend Barry?...

He has Used Cocaine, as he Admitted... Back when he Gravited to Marxists... As he Admitted.

Crack is Cocaine and Addiction is Debatable...

Why would you even Type a Key Defending the Coke-Head on a Shot like that?

:)

peace...

Because it's a lie?

Crack is created FROM cocaine.

While one is made from the other they are taken in entirely different ways, crack is FAR more addicting, and cocaine is considered more socially acceptable than crack.

I've met tons of people who have done or do cocaine who wouldn't smoke crack if it were free and came with a hooker but I've never met nor heard of a crackhead who would turn down some cocaine.

It is the same drug, thats like saying shooting Heroin turns it into a different drug when you shoot it versus swallowing it.

Crack is a method of delivery, smoked versus snorted. Who said "cocaine dont make you crazy".

It is the same drug, thats like saying shooting Heroin turns it into a different drug when you shoot it versus swallowing it.

Crack is a method of delivery, smoked versus snorted. Who said "cocaine dont make you crazy".

It's not the same drug, dumbfuck.

You have to add shit to cocaine and cook it to create crack.

See how they got to resort to name calling, what they add is some baking soda to turn it into a purified rock, drop the rock in a pipe and listen to it CRACK as its heated and inhaled. Now just cuz you can cut it and make it go further does not mean it still aint cocaine, you think cocaine is pure, its cut with the same shit as crack cocaine.

Crack is a name derived by the sound of rock Cocaine getting hot and crackling as it smokes. What makes it so dangerous is its so concentrated.

This is the problem, people jump to conclusions with no logical reason, crazy.

If it were the same thing, why did Regan make it so, if you get caught with a pound of cocaine, you got probation, bu if you got caught with a quarter gram of crack you would get 10 years?

Remember that crap. Cocaine was considered almost acceptable (because a certain element was doing it) and Crack was evil and anyone who was in the vicinity of it was put away forever.

Crack and cocaine are two different things and anyone who says they are the same are trying to back up a really dumb statement.....Obama being a crack addict. That is just an asinine thing to say.

Isn't this thread about Beck?

Good point.

beck-page2-04.jpg

I was perusing FiveThirtyEight a short while ago, and found this snip a tad interesting:

Glenn Beck, Post-Modern Conservative

Buried in the cross-tabs of the new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll is a question that takes a temperature reading of Glenn Beck. Beck actually makes out pretty well. While just 24 percent of Americans have a favorable view of him (13 percent strongly so), only 19 percent have an unfavorable one (14 percent strongly). That leaves 57 percent who either don't know Beck or are indifferent toward him.

This compares quite favorably to, for example, Rush Limbaugh, who was the subject of a similar question in the NBC/WSJ poll in June. Limbaugh was regarded favorably by 23 percent of Americans, but unfavorably by 50 percent -- including 37 percent who held a strongly negative view. This is not a new problem for Limbaugh, incidentally, who has been roughly this unpopular since at least 1995.

The difference between Beck and Limbaugh is that Beck is much more of an anti-establishment figure. I have posited before that running perpendicular to the traditional liberal-conservative spectrum is an establishment/anti-establishment spectrum; Beck is conservative but anti-establishment. And that may be working out pretty well for him, since the country seems to be becoming more anti-establishment too.

Of course, as Glenn Greenwald points out, Beck's philosophy is neither particularly self-consistent nor particularly intellectually coherent. But since when, exactly, did that matter in American politics? Most voters, whether they consider themselves liberal or conservative, have a haphazard, inconsistent, and somewhat fluid set of views, which are not so easy to reconcile with the tenets of political orthodoxy. Nor is it so clear that traditional (circa 1980-2006) American conservativism is particularly more self-consistent -- why, for instance, does it tolerate government intervention in the bedroom, if it considers it so imperative that government stay out of the boardroom?

More: FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Glenn Beck, Post-Modern Conservative

According to the poll, more than half of Americans don't even know who he is, or are indifferent.

I guess he really isn't that relevant after all.

Last edited:
If it were the same thing, why did Regan make it so, if you get caught with a pound of cocaine, you got probation, bu if you got caught with a quarter gram of crack you would get 10 years?

Remember that crap. Cocaine was considered almost acceptable (because a certain element was doing it) and Crack was evil and anyone who was in the vicinity of it was put away forever.

Crack and cocaine are two different things and anyone who says they are the same are trying to back up a really dumb statement.....Obama being a crack addict. That is just an asinine thing to say.

Because of the concentration.

There is a reason it's called crack cocaine.

As for backing up the statement, we've already had one liberal quoting from Obama's book stating he messed with cocaine.

I was perusing FiveThirtyEight a short while ago, and found this snip a tad interesting:

Glenn Beck, Post-Modern Conservative

Buried in the cross-tabs of the new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll is a question that takes a temperature reading of Glenn Beck. Beck actually makes out pretty well. While just 24 percent of Americans have a favorable view of him (13 percent strongly so), only 19 percent have an unfavorable one (14 percent strongly). That leaves 57 percent who either don't know Beck or are indifferent toward him.

This compares quite favorably to, for example, Rush Limbaugh, who was the subject of a similar question in the NBC/WSJ poll in June. Limbaugh was regarded favorably by 23 percent of Americans, but unfavorably by 50 percent -- including 37 percent who held a strongly negative view. This is not a new problem for Limbaugh, incidentally, who has been roughly this unpopular since at least 1995.

The difference between Beck and Limbaugh is that Beck is much more of an anti-establishment figure. I have posited before that running perpendicular to the traditional liberal-conservative spectrum is an establishment/anti-establishment spectrum; Beck is conservative but anti-establishment. And that may be working out pretty well for him, since the country seems to be becoming more anti-establishment too.

Of course, as Glenn Greenwald points out, Beck's philosophy is neither particularly self-consistent nor particularly intellectually coherent. But since when, exactly, did that matter in American politics? Most voters, whether they consider themselves liberal or conservative, have a haphazard, inconsistent, and somewhat fluid set of views, which are not so easy to reconcile with the tenets of political orthodoxy. Nor is it so clear that traditional (circa 1980-2006) American conservativism is particularly more self-consistent -- why, for instance, does it tolerate government intervention in the bedroom, if it considers it so imperative that government stay out of the boardroom?

More: FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Glenn Beck, Post-Modern Conservative

According to the poll, more than half of Americans don't even know who he is, or are indifferent.

I guess he really isn't that relevant after all.

That is an interesting way to look at their differences. I think you are pretty correct in looking at the establishment/anti establishment aspects.

As for relevance... i think thats debatable.

Who is more relevant to society, someone who is well known by alot of people with little impact on them, or someone who isnt as well known but has a huge impact on those that know him?

Because of the concentration.

There is a reason it's called crack cocaine.

As for backing up the statement, we've already had one liberal quoting from Obama's book stating he messed with cocaine.

IT IS A LIE SAYING HE IS A CRACK ADDICT. Period. Hack. To even say he is a cocaine addict is a lie. He tried it in College. If your rules apply, there are a lot of addicts running around.

Last edited:
IT IS A LIE SAYING HE IS A CRACK ADDICT. Period. Hack.

Its not a lie when the President himself says so in his book. I can never understand you people who cite reference as saying the opposite of what it actually says. You quote Obama stating his drug addictions to mean that he didnt have them.

And you know what, i dont even care about his past drug use. this wouldnt be an issue if you guys werent so damn hypocritical in attacking the right when they use drugs and giving a pass to every liberal for doing worse.

Obama was a user from his own admission. It's not a lie. unless you are saying that Obama is lying. Which he very well could be. Though why he would lie about that is unknown.

The sky is blue. I figured id say that just because i know you will say its red just because you refuse to accept the truth.

Forum List

Back