Glen Beck vs Big Brother

you guys need to lighten up a little and stop your sniveling like that pussy who was begging for handouts after he was pushed down by some Hippy at a town hall meeting.

Im sorry you do not understand ,
They are about government wasting money.

To your assertion ,
Since we cannot overnight reduce the size of government overnight the only alternative is to grow the size of government?

Maybe I am about to waste some time...but it is my time.

What many long for is a less complicated life. I understand that longing. I grew up on a farm. Horses...cattle... A simpler life. As in my life so has gone much of the country evolving fron an agricultural based society to one based more on manufacturing and beyond that to one losing it's manufactiuring base giving way to information and money management and less grounded services.

The solution will never be to devolve back to small family owned farms. The society has grown and outgrown its resources. We have to deal with this condition. It will take some massive restructuring to make a substantial dent in recovering from what we have allowed to happen.

Yes there is the need for independance and free choices. There is also work to be done just like when you would go out and fell tees and split fire wood as a youngster without being told to. The fruits of your labor may not heat only your bones but it is work that has to be done as well as other work you do just for your own advancement.

These are not someone elses problems to solve. It used to be that when your neighbor needed a barn his friends and others living in the community would lend a hand with no thought of payment. It just made sense that one more place to store hay and shelter livestock made it a stronger community.

That is the simplicity I long for.

Sure everyone wants that. But we also want indoor plumbing, electric lights, instant heat instead of wood (which always needs another stoking at 3AM), telephone service, transportation fueled by something other than oats, schools that don't teach six grades in one room, and... the list is endless. With all of the modern necessities (that were once upon a time considered luxuries), it requires a huge network of interlinking capacities that affect in one way or another every man, woman, child, and pet. Thus the necessity for government regulation of those links.

Than you for your reply. My piece was intended to show some that I do have good values that support my claim to "republican" before it was stolen by the christian neo con fascists.

They, the neo cons, throw so called "house on the prairie" values around ... no taxes ...every one for themself like that is even an achievable or desireable goal. Being a republican used to mean something good.

Even good "old yeller" got rabies and had to be put down. The republican party is disseased now and likewise needs to be put down. It is a pity. My guess is that Eisenhower would have the same opinion.

Something needs to replace it ...something not tied to fear and predjudice. The party has become ugly. It is run by multinational corporate owned media. Much of the party is populated by a group of knee jerk reactors lead by zealots like Limbaugh and Beck.

I don't like supporting Obama. Not because he is black but because the democratic party is a refuge for character defective so called leaders. They are weak and inept and can't take a stand on anything. The one thing our current president has going for him is that he tells the truth. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't mean he is a liar. I can't think of one "republican" leader right now that doesn't lie through thier teeth. Used to be we could count on republican leaders to carry the high ground and tell it like it is. Not any more. It is very sad for our country.

These acts of shouting down debate at the town meetings are disgusting. This is not the repoublican party. This is purely the biggots and idiot fascists that have ruined the republican party. They are not even true americans. They only support international corporations strangle hold on our government and its people.

Maybe I am about to waste some time...but it is my time.

What many long for is a less complicated life. I understand that longing. I grew up on a farm. Horses...cattle... A simpler life. As in my life so has gone much of the country evolving fron an agricultural based society to one based more on manufacturing and beyond that to one losing it's manufactiuring base giving way to information and money management and less grounded services.

The solution will never be to devolve back to small family owned farms. The society has grown and outgrown its resources. We have to deal with this condition. It will take some massive restructuring to make a substantial dent in recovering from what we have allowed to happen.

Yes there is the need for independance and free choices. There is also work to be done just like when you would go out and fell tees and split fire wood as a youngster without being told to. The fruits of your labor may not heat only your bones but it is work that has to be done as well as other work you do just for your own advancement.

These are not someone elses problems to solve. It used to be that when your neighbor needed a barn his friends and others living in the community would lend a hand with no thought of payment. It just made sense that one more place to store hay and shelter livestock made it a stronger community.

That is the simplicity I long for.

Sure everyone wants that. But we also want indoor plumbing, electric lights, instant heat instead of wood (which always needs another stoking at 3AM), telephone service, transportation fueled by something other than oats, schools that don't teach six grades in one room, and... the list is endless. With all of the modern necessities (that were once upon a time considered luxuries), it requires a huge network of interlinking capacities that affect in one way or another every man, woman, child, and pet. Thus the necessity for government regulation of those links.

Than you for your reply. My piece was intended to show some that I do have good values that support my claim to "republican" before it was stolen by the christian neo con fascists.

They, the neo cons, throw so called "house on the prairie" values around ... no taxes ...every one for themself like that is even an achievable or desireable goal. Being a republican used to mean something good.

Even good "old yeller" got rabies and had to be put down. The republican party is disseased now and likewise needs to be put down. It is a pity. My guess is that Eisenhower would have the same opinion.

Something needs to replace it ...something not tied to fear and predjudice. The party has become ugly. It is run by multinational corporate owned media. Much of the party is populated by a group of knee jerk reactors lead by zealots like Limbaugh and Beck.

I don't like supporting Obama. Not because he is black but because the democratic party is a refuge for character defective so called leaders. They are weak and inept and can't take a stand on anything. The one thing our current president has going for him is that he tells the truth. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't mean he is a liar. I can't think of one "republican" leader right now that doesn't lie through thier teeth. Used to be we could count on republican leaders to carry the high ground and tell it like it is. Not any more. It is very sad for our country.

These acts of shouting down debate at the town meetings are disgusting. This is not the repoublican party. This is purely the biggots and idiot fascists that have ruined the republican party. They are not even true americans. They only support international corporations strangle hold on our government and its people.

I can't improve on that. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that most of the knee-jerk reactionaries as you describe them are young and know little of history in general, let alone political history. The new generations don't carry the scars of World War II and the Korean War which brought us together, nor the tremendous toll taken by the folly in Vietnam. They really weren't affected by the 70's oil embargo, the recession of the 80's, historic government intervention in just about anything that threatened the wellbeing of the entire nation, from bailout of the savings and loans to dismantling of airline regulations which ultimately affects national security. Nothing in the past is there to help formulate rational opinions for the present day's myriad priority issues. There is no gray; there is no compromise. It's all about THEM and their immediate problems.

Forum List

Back