GlaxoSmithKline Bigger Gangsters Than BP

Mr Objective

Rookie
May 26, 2011
I read a story in the NY Times that said GlaxoSmithKline paid a fine of 750 million dollars for 100s of violations in their biggest plant. If I recall correctly they continued producing contaminated and defective drugs for 10 years and sold them to Americans.

A GSK employee reported the problems to her superiors and was fired. She blew the whistle on them.

GSK knowing manufactured and sold dangerous, contaminated and defective drugs that probably killed and injured thousands of Americans. Nobody went to jail.

Your thoughts?

GSK knowing manufactured and sold dangerous, contaminated and defective drugs that probably killed and injured thousands of Americans. Nobody went to jail.

Your thoughts?

If that were true, then thousands of multi-million dollar lawsuits would have been filed against the company. It's obvious hooey.

Getting fined only proves that the company violated one of the millions of arcane and impossible government regulations in the federal register. It's probably impossible for any company to comply with them.

My thought would be that, if one is going to discuss an article from the NYT, one should link to the article so that others can establish what 'facts' we are supposed to comment on. "If I remember correctly" doesn't quite cut it for most intelligent posters.

Forum List

Back