GlaxoSmithKline Agrees to $3B Fraud Settlement

So, it is only the House? It seems to me Reid and his buds are good at tabling, it seems to me if Senate Dems really cared about fixing the economy they could have done so - they chose instead to spend years running to keep their party in power. See, that is a real easy game to play. BTW, I'm not impressed with the GOP, I think they are weak and snifflers, but they are a little better than the Dems. If Dems got serious about cutting programs I'd jump in with them.

Other than the partisan BS in the last paragraph, I like the idea of Congress cutting their salary and benefits, how much more in taxes are they going to pay for our taxpayer funded Cadillac plans?

No one, party doesn't matter, wants a solution, Dem or Repub.

The Senate is a problem. Not the Senate per se, but the rules of the Senate. Reid has cause to table bills which have riders, one more problem that the Congress as a whole ought to fix. One issue per bill is a simple fix.

I see the senate rules is the problem, not the majority leader...got it, remember that if it flips......:rolleyes:

The Senate rules are a problem. Even when the GOP has the majority.

July 2, 2012

Updated 1:42 p.m.

A team from Covington & Burling in Washington represented the pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline LLC in a record-setting $3 billion criminal and civil settlement over drug misbranding.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole announced the deal today at the U.S. Justice Department, calling it "unprecedented in both size and scope." No executive was charged today. See Link below for full story.

The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times

From the link:

GlaxoSmithKline agreed to plead guilty to criminal charges in U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and to pay $1 billion in criminal fines and forfeitures for the illegal marketing and promotion of the drugs Paxil and Wellbutrin.

Officials said the company between 1998 and 2003 unlawfully promoted Paxil for treating depression in patients under the age of 18. The Food and Drug Administration has not approved that use of the drug, DOJ officials said. The officials said GlaxoSmithKline illegally promoted Wellbutrin for uses that included weight loss, substance abuse and sexual dysfunction.

Any wonder why the GOP wants to reduce/eliminate regulations?

I think its a crime that no one went to jail for the housing bubble....

so your point is.........what?

Aye - and including some very prominent Democrats.

Democrat or republican a crook is a crook.

Forum List

Back