Glad to Know Latinos Care about this Country

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Less than 20% of Latinos BORN IN AMERICA and ARE WRONGLY GIFTED CITIZENSHIP think of themselves as Americans. If you ACCEPT American citizenship, then you better consider of yourself as American First and nothing else. 60% of Latino parents discourage speaking English OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE. 29% of Latino "American Citizens" speak of pride of America. If you can't accept this then don't take American citizenship.

This needs to stop. All you fucking libtards that want to grant amnesty, you need to get a CAT scan!

Chicago area Hispanics: Living in two worlds :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State
Though he thinks of himself as Mexican, Herrera was born in Chicago and speaks fluent English without an accent. He, like many young Latinos, identifies strongly with his parents’ home country even while growing up in the United States.

More than half of Latinos between the ages of 16 and 25 describe themselves first by their families’ country of origin, according to a recent report by the Pew Hispanic Center. Another 20 percent identify as Hispanic or Latino. Fewer than one in four refer to themselves as “American” first. Not surprisingly, foreign-born Latinos are more likely to identify with their family’s country of origin than are Latinos born here.

But the Pew report also found that young Hispanics “are being socialized in a family setting that places a strong emphasis on their Latin American roots.’’ Forty-two percent said their parents often talk about pride in their country of origin — vs. 29 percent who often mention pride in being American.

By contrast, among older Hispanics, 39 percent said their parents often spoke of American pride.

When I was younger, when my friends would come over, my parents would be speaking Spanish,” she said. “I was embarrassed because you feel different.” Her parents never wanted her to forget their struggles to build a new life here. Her senior year in high school, she began embracing her Latino identity. “I’m very proud I’m Mexican,” she said.

Sixty percent of young Latinos said their parents often encourage them to speak Spanish, but only 22 percent push them to speak only English. Again, older Latinos had a different experience: 47 percent were encouraged to speak Spanish, while 34 percent were pushed to speak only English.

Last edited:
I think people like you might be one of the reasons why they don't like to think of themselves as American.

Less than 20% of Latinos BORN IN AMERICA and ARE WRONGLY GIFTED CITIZENSHIP think of themselves as Americans. If you ACCEPT American citizenship, then you better consider of yourself as American First and nothing else. 60% of Latino parents encourage speaking English OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE. 29% of Latino "American Citizens" speak of pride of America. If you can't accept this then don't take American citizenship.

This needs to stop. All you fucking libtards that want to grant amnesty, you need to get a CAT scan!

Chicago area Hispanics: Living in two worlds :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State
Though he thinks of himself as Mexican, Herrera was born in Chicago and speaks fluent English without an accent. He, like many young Latinos, identifies strongly with his parents’ home country even while growing up in the United States.

More than half of Latinos between the ages of 16 and 25 describe themselves first by their families’ country of origin, according to a recent report by the Pew Hispanic Center. Another 20 percent identify as Hispanic or Latino. Fewer than one in four refer to themselves as “American” first. Not surprisingly, foreign-born Latinos are more likely to identify with their family’s country of origin than are Latinos born here.

But the Pew report also found that young Hispanics “are being socialized in a family setting that places a strong emphasis on their Latin American roots.’’ Forty-two percent said their parents often talk about pride in their country of origin — vs. 29 percent who often mention pride in being American.

By contrast, among older Hispanics, 39 percent said their parents often spoke of American pride.

When I was younger, when my friends would come over, my parents would be speaking Spanish,” she said. “I was embarrassed because you feel different.” Her parents never wanted her to forget their struggles to build a new life here. Her senior year in high school, she began embracing her Latino identity. “I’m very proud I’m Mexican,” she said.

Sixty percent of young Latinos said their parents often encourage them to speak Spanish, but only 22 percent push them to speak only English. Again, older Latinos had a different experience: 47 percent were encouraged to speak Spanish, while 34 percent were pushed to speak only English.

this guy who wrote this article is kinda confused....i know a lot of Mexicans who are very proud to be a mexican,speak Spanish when with other fellow speakers.....BUT they will let you know they are American.....who just happen to be of Mexican decent.....

LOS LOBOS

MEXICO AMERICANO

Por mi madre yo soy Mexicano,
Because of my mother I'm Mexican

Por destino soy Americano.
Because of destiny I'm American

Yo te comprendo el inglés,
I understand you in English,

Tambien te hablo en castellano.
I speak to you in Spanish as well

Yo soy de la raza de oro.
I am of a golden race (noble people)

Yo soy México Americano
I am Mexican American

Zacatecas a Minnesota,
Zacatecas to Minnesota

De Tijuana a Nueva York.
From Tijuana to New York

Dos países son mi tierra,
Two countries are my homeland

Los defiendo con honor
I defend them with honor

Dos idiomas y dos países,
Two languages and two countries

Dos culturas tengo yo.
I have two cultures

En mi suerte tengo orgullo,
In my luck I have faith

Porque así lo manda Díos
Because that is what God commands

Por mi madre yo soy Mexicano,
Because of my mother I'm Mexican

Por destino soy Americano.
Because of destiny I'm American

Yo soy de la raza de oro.
I am of a golden race (noble people)

Yo soy México Americano
I am Mexican American

Last edited:
Less than 20% of Latinos BORN IN AMERICA and ARE WRONGLY GIFTED CITIZENSHIP think of themselves as Americans. If you ACCEPT American citizenship, then you better consider of yourself as American First and nothing else. 60% of Latino parents encourage speaking English OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE. 29% of Latino "American Citizens" speak of pride of America. If you can't accept this then don't take American citizenship.

Better make sure all those damned Italian-Americans get the message too.

Oh look, a proud member of Israel's fifth column is questioning the allegiance of others... how quaint. :lol:

this guy who wrote this article is kinda confused....i know a lot of Mexicans who are very proud to be a mexican,speak Spanish when with other fellow speakers.....BUT they will let you know they are American.....who just happen to be of Mexican decent.....

They aren't all Mexicans....and they aren't descendants of Mexicans...but Spanish and Native Indians. Let's just say they're Hispanic.

Ghook represents everything that is wrong with the attitude of american conservatives...

He blames everybody for the presence of millions of illegal mexicans in America... the american government, the american leftist....

GHOOK (REPRESENTING HERE THE TYPICAL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE) BLAMES THE WHOLE WORLD FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BUT HIMSELF.

If Ghook believes illegal mexicans represent a threat to America's territorial integrity and economic status as a superpower/first world country he should be protesting in Washington DC and even engaging in huge street fights like those that happened in 68 and 69.

Whether his ideas are right or wrong is irrelevant to this discussion. The point is he believes America's future as a nation is at stake and does nothing about it besides joining a Message Board and pointing his finger at the whole nation but himself!!

HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT A WAR HALF A WORLD AWAY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!

HE'S TALKING ABOUT THE POSSIBLE ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DESINTEGRATION OF AMERICA!!!!

GHOOK (THE TYPICAL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE) REFUSES TO WALK THE TALK!!!!

Last edited:
Whites built America. Only Whites truly have anything to lose. Look at Africa and Central/South America: they can't keep a peaceable and prosperous nation, regardless of what resources are available. They want to turn America into another 3rd world shithole. We need to stop letting them in, if the republic is to survive.

Latinos aren't just Mexicans. I have no problem whatsoever with Latinos. What I have a problem with is people who accept American citizenship, but do not consider it their country and take no pride in it. If you take no pride in your country, so be it, but then do accept citizenship and our laws should support giving people citizenship to people who don't cherish.

Its wrong for one to say Latinos don't and haven't added greatly to this country. They have greatly in all aspects.

You can work and live in a country without citizenship, you get permanent legal status, a greencard or a work visa.

I still don't see how anyone can defend illegal immigration. Nice red herring by the way Jose, I never stated that illegal immigrates are the cause of all America's problem. In fact, I won't say rape is the cause of all America's problems either, but does that mean I think its acceptable, should be legal or not enforced?

Better make sure all those damned Italian-Americans get the message too.

Much different. Italian Americans would mostly considered themselves Americans and then Italians. In WW II they fought bravely against the Axis which included Italy.

If an Italian came here and didn't think of America as his country and take pride in being called an American then he should accept American citizenship.

If a Latino does believe this is his country and take pride in being American, then by all mean, citizenship is just (if all the formalities are filled of course)!

For Christ sake Jose, can you be more off base! I still think America is HEAD and SHOULDERS above every other country that was ever formed. I have not blamed everything on illegal immigrations, but its something we need to address, esp if healthcare gets passed. There is nothing wrong with wanting immigrations to be through only legal means and wanting new citizen to cherish their citizenship as a unique privilege and not an ultimate right.

Hell I have know many Latinos that are extremely loyal to this country. Heck there are a lot of America servicesmen that are Latino.

José;2030345 said:
Ghook represents everything that is wrong with the attitude of american conservatives...

He blames everybody for the presence of millions of illegal mexicans in America... the american government, the american leftist....

GHOOK (REPRESENTING HERE THE TYPICAL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE) BLAMES THE WHOLE WORLD FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BUT HIMSELF.

If Ghook believes illegal mexicans represent a threat to America's territorial integrity and economic status as a superpower/first world country he should be protesting in Washington DC and even engaging in huge street fights like those that happened in 68 and 69.

Whether his ideas are right or wrong is irrelevant to this discussion. The point is he believes America's future as a nation is at stake and does nothing about it besides joining a Message Board and pointing his finger at the whole nation but himself!!

HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT A WAR HALF A WORLD AWAY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!

HE'S TALKING ABOUT THE POSSIBLE ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DESINTEGRATION OF AMERICA!!!!

GHOOK (THE TYPICAL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE) REFUSES TO WALK THE TALK!!!!

My neighbor, who was born in the US and so were her parents and grandparents will answer the question, "what are you?" by saying she is Italian.

BFD

For Christ sake Jose, can you be more off base! I still think America is HEAD and SHOULDERS above every other country that was ever formed. I have not blamed everything on illegal immigrations, but its something we need to address, esp if healthcare gets passed. There is nothing wrong with wanting immigrations to be through only legal means and wanting new citizen to cherish their citizenship as a unique privilege and not an ultimate right.

Hell I have know many Latinos that are extremely loyal to this country. Heck there are a lot of America servicesmen that are Latino.

Hook

Is your Alzheimer so hopelessly advanced that I have to remind you of your own THREADS, POSTS and OPINIONS?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Thread created by Ghook93:

Latino Americans Loyalty

Originally posted by Ghook93
Never said you did! Just curious Jose, how many MexAmericans do you think would rather have CA, AZ, NM and TX as part of Mexico vs America? Which do you perfer.

I personally think most perfer it stay American, especially amongst the 3rd generations and greater. However, if Latinos every made up 90% of those states, I see a big push for them to become either an Independent New Country or to become part of Mexico!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/immigration-illegal-immigration/84953-latino-americans-loyalty.html

Now that I reminded you of your own opinion, Ghook. Now that I proved that you DO believe mexican illegal immigration represents a potential threat to America's territorial integrity I will ask you to answer these questions:

When are we going to see Ghook putting his actions where his mouth is?

When are we going to see Mr. Hook, Lady Hook and their 3 little hooks holding signs and shouting anti illegal immigration slogans in front of the White House?

When are we going to see YOU following the example of those brave young Americans who exchanged blows with the Washington police, lost teeth, had broken ribs but finally got what they wanted: the end of the Vietnam War?

Last edited:
Come on Hook, don't force me to quote you again!!!!

Those are your words up there, not mine!!

YOU DO BELIEVE ILLEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRATION CAN LEAD TO THE LOSS OF THE AMERICAN SOUTHWEST!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with your belief, fear and concern... It is indeed a real possibility...

I just want you to answer this question:

What are you waiting for to start organizing massive anti illegal immigration rallies in Washington DC, or at least in Chicago where you reside?

Last edited:
ghook's rant makes no sense until the data is compared with other immigrant groups over the last 150 years. How quickly did they assimilate? How quickly did they learn English? How quickly did they identify themselves as American? I suspect the Hispanics are about on track as everyone else historically.

Birthright citizenship is constitutional, so unless ghook has overwhelming supermajorities to amend the constitution, the hook just got snooked.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back