Glacial retreat photos

The U.S. Geological Survey's Repeat Photography Project shows quite clearly the effects of global warming on glaciers in America.

Click the link below to view these photos.....

http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/files/norock/repeatphoto/Pairs/RepeatPhoto_pairs_Fullset_compr.pdf

Isn't that eco-terrorist propaganda designed so they can ...um, you know... well, I don't actually know what it would do except cause alarm in rational people, maybe get some of us to pay attention more to the planet.

We've only known about this sort of thing for 30 yrs - let's not rush to judgement.

What is most shocking is how much more color the world has today. It's obvious from the photos that before Global Warming the world was black and white and bland. Global Warming certainly has added color and excitement to our world.

Hmmmm...... Very scientific rebuttal. May we expect more such from you?

probably. you've already carved out the pompous know-it-all niche for yourself.
could you post some more graphs for us? pleeeeeease? and then another pronouncement of dire consequences if we don't all do what al gore commands?

that'd be nifty.

All hail the mighty Al Gore ... you can never hold a candle to his powers of ... um ... oh yeah, profit.

Of course there's a new glacier on Mt. St. Helens.

The old one was blown away in 1980, and it has taken 29 years for a new one to form.

You guys are killing me! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So you're a Realtor. Wow. The Scientific brain power coming from the Left is astounding! :lol:

When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.

When the law is on your side, argue the law.

When you have neither, bang on the table!

And when your name is Chris and you're dumb as soap, keep your mouth shut. :eusa_whistle:

So you're a Realtor. Wow. The Scientific brain power coming from the Left is astounding! :lol:

And when your name is Chris and you're dumb as soap, keep your mouth shut. :eusa_whistle:

Insulting someone you don't know on a messageboard is pretty pathetic don't you think?

Insulting someone you don't know on a messageboard is pretty pathetic don't you think?

why don't you quit insulting our intelligence then, kirky?

In the 70's, many scientists were concerned about global cooling. How could they have been worried about this when the earth was warming? CO2 levels were already on the rise, yet the Earth was cooling. Now, it's warming. No one denies that surface temperatures have been on the rise. However, to say we have enough evidence to say that it is due to human industrial activity is a reach, at the very best.

Cleaning up the environment for the sake of cleaning it up makes good sense, but for me, jumping to conclusions of inevitable doom is ridiculous and a waste of time. Even if it can be proven that rising CO2 levels due to human activity is the cause, can we really change that? Or should we be concentrating our efforts on the change that is taking place and how we will deal with its ramifications?

What is most shocking is how much more color the world has today. It's obvious from the photos that before Global Warming the world was black and white and bland. Global Warming certainly has added color and excitement to our world.

That's rich coming from you. There is nothing scientific about these photos. I'm merely drawing a conclusion based on what is seen in the photos. Now off you go to play with the kiddies. Let the degreed scientists handle this one.

Well, that is your claim. One can claim anything they please on the net. However, I have seen little that would indicate your claim has any validity.

Most of the old photos look like they where taken in Winter and the new ones in the Summer...

Note the small patches of snow on things other than the glaciers. Also the amount of Summer plants in the new photos.

Unless they provide the actual dates of the photos, they prove nothing.

Oh and let's not forget that the glaciers on Mt St Helen's grew even while their was lava pushing out all around them. There's also a NEW glacier on Mt St Helen's.

The glacier you are refering to is in the crater. The opening to the crater faces north, so the glacier is forming inside, very seldom gets any sunlight at all. The rest of the glaciers on St. Helens pretty well went with the eruption.

That's rich coming from you. There is nothing scientific about these photos. I'm merely drawing a conclusion based on what is seen in the photos. Now off you go to play with the kiddies. Let the degreed scientists handle this one.

Well, that is your claim. One can claim anything they please on the net. However, I have seen little that would indicate your claim has any validity.

Sorry, but XSited was no less scientific than you if you really think there is a crisis based on those photos.

In the 70's, many scientists were concerned about global cooling. How could they have been worried about this when the earth was warming? CO2 levels were already on the rise, yet the Earth was cooling. Now, it's warming. No one denies that surface temperatures have been on the rise. However, to say we have enough evidence to say that it is due to human industrial activity is a reach, at the very best.

Cleaning up the environment for the sake of cleaning it up makes good sense, but for me, jumping to conclusions of inevitable doom is ridiculous and a waste of time. Even if it can be proven that rising CO2 levels due to human activity is the cause, can we really change that? Or should we be concentrating our efforts on the change that is taking place and how we will deal with its ramifications?

Global temperatures have been rising since the early 1900's largely due to a 40% increase in atmospheric CO2.

Can we really change things? We can, but we most likely won't until we see some very dramatic impact.

Crock of shit again.

Did scientists predict an impending ice age in the 1970s?
The skeptic argument...The first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970, amidst hysteria about the dangers of a new ice age. The media had been spreading warnings of a cooling period since the 1950s, but those alarms grew louder in the 1970s... In 1975, cooling went from “one of the most important problems” to a first-place tie for “death and misery.” The claims of global catastrophe were remarkably similar to what the media deliver now about global warming (source: Fire and Ice).

What the science says...
1970's ice age predictions were predominantly media based with the majority of scientific papers predicting warming.

The notion that the 1970s scientific consensus was for impending global cooling is incorrect. In actuality, there were significantly more papers in the 1970s predicting warming than cooling

Did scientists predict an impending ice age in the 1970s?

Sorry, but XSited was no less scientific than you if you really think there is a crisis based on those photos.

I posted a site that had far more information than just photos. And were you to do minimal research, you would find that virtually all the glaciers worldwide are retreating.

SOTC: Glaciers

They already have. Here are what REAL degreed physicists have to say about global warming;
Climate Change

National Policy
07.1 CLIMATE CHANGEEmail | Print
(Adopted by Council on November 18, 2007)

Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate. Greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide as well as methane, nitrous oxide and other gases. They are emitted from fossil fuel combustion and a range of industrial and agricultural processes.

The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.

Because the complexity of the climate makes accurate prediction difficult, the APS urges an enhanced effort to understand the effects of human activity on the Earth’s climate, and to provide the technological options for meeting the climate challenge in the near and longer terms. The APS also urges governments, universities, national laboratories and its membership to support policies and actions that will reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.

Huh? Oh gee, damn science and stuff getting in the way!

Brrrrr...it's getting colder out there!

temp92.png

And these darn glaciers are not cooperating at all! Darnit!

http://www.newsalbum.com/r/url.asp?...lY2guY29tL2FydGljbGUuYXNweD9uZXdzaWQ9MTM1NDA=

To say nothing of Antarctic Sea Ice - ah geez.....

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/comment.php?comment.news.104

And stupid Greenland ice...

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/i...acier-slowdown-in-greenland-how-inconvenient/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back