Giving Up?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Is Promoting Big, Beautiful Women Unhealthy? - Weight Center - Everyday Health

Is the notion of 'accepting' all 'body types' as valid and worthy of respect and all that a good idea? Does advertising and media that promotes the 'beauty' of 'full-sized' people promote as unhealthy an outlook as those who suggest everyone needs to be super-thin? Is this just a way of 'celebrating' giving up on the battle against obesity that is afflicting the nation like a plague?

when i was young i was rail then.......5' 10' 120 lbs.......i looked like death walking....then i had the baby.....(the baby being 30 next month) i became full figured....sure i could do this and that and eat less but i like food....and i like myself, thin or fat....thin may be in but fats where its at....that is not a new staying...nor is....only a dog wants a bone

no acceptance of all body types is not a good thing.....obesity is a problem and a health threat...
it is sad to see young kids that are grossly overweight from playing video games....this whole thing always leads to the great subject of how we are never letting kids out in nature....obesity is not as simple as diet

its more lifestyle.....

last child in the woods is an excellent read on the subject of children being removed from nature

Last Child in the Woods - Overview - Richard Louv

but on the other extreme .....i saw my first real life anorexic this weekend....when she walked you could see the veins in her legs...not the color but the veins popping out....she had no body fat...no breasts...no fat....she was tanned too....

remember tanned is associated with being healthy when it is not ....

no acceptance of all body types is not a good thing.....obesity is a problem and a health threat...
it is sad to see young kids that are grossly overweight from playing video games....this whole thing always leads to the great subject of how we are never letting kids out in nature....obesity is not as simple as diet

its more lifestyle.....

last child in the woods is an excellent read on the subject of children being removed from nature

Last Child in the Woods - Overview - Richard Louv

With all due respect theres more to kids being obese than playing video games, we had video games when I was growing up too.

o sorry to the gamers.....lol.....

but high were you in the house 24/7?

hell they dont even have pe do they?

Not really I used to play the Sega and the Nintendo, but not to the degree of the gamers we have these days. Alot of obesity has to do with poor diet and lack of exercise than anything else.

I think the fact that when most people who were very large and claimed to be happy to be so lose weight....they always come back to discuss how miserable they REALLY were is telling.

I do not think that fat people should be treated as poorly as they often are...but nor do I think that they should be sent the message that they should "give up" on healthy choices and just embrace being overweight.

I think this young lady, and many like her, are fooling themselves into believing that being morbidly obese is a good thing ... a healthy thing. Tell me ... what 17 year-old would honestly be happy about weighing 300 lbs? I'm sure deep down she would love to be a healthier, thinner person but I suppose giving up and surrounding yourself with like-minded, like-body people makes her and others feel more secure and safe. I mean isn't that why so many people overeat? They gobble down their fears and pack on some nice padding to keep them safe. I know cuz I've been there, done that. Thankfully I was never as heavy as this woman yet I did find comfort in hanging out with other overweight people.

Is Promoting Big, Beautiful Women Unhealthy? - Weight Center - Everyday Health

Is the notion of 'accepting' all 'body types' as valid and worthy of respect and all that a good idea? Does advertising and media that promotes the 'beauty' of 'full-sized' people promote as unhealthy an outlook as those who suggest everyone needs to be super-thin? Is this just a way of 'celebrating' giving up on the battle against obesity that is afflicting the nation like a plague?

Ahh those "bingo wings" are so hot!

Forum List

Back