Giving Trump his due: He sounded Presidential tonight

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
I am no fan of President Trump- but I listened to his address about Syria tonight- and he nailed it. He sounded Presidential. He stayed on script and on point. He explained why we were acting, who we were acting with and what the purpose of our actions were.

I specifically liked how he challenged Russia- and Putin- and Iran.

I don't know how the attacks are going- I don't know whether they will achieve the desired effects- but this is the first time I have heard Trump give a speech that I felt he did it right- did it as a real President.

So kudos to him.

If Trump really got his due, he would be sleeping in a cardboard box on skid row, or perhaps in prison.

If Trump really got his due, he would be sleeping in a cardboard box on skid row, or perhaps in prison.
For this action?

Nothing less than being brought in front of the Hague for war crimes is appropriate.

I am no fan of President Trump- but I listened to his address about Syria tonight- and he nailed it. He sounded Presidential. He stayed on script and on point. He explained why we were acting, who we were acting with and what the purpose of our actions were.

I specifically liked how he challenged Russia- and Putin- and Iran.

I don't know how the attacks are going- I don't know whether they will achieve the desired effects- but this is the first time I have heard Trump give a speech that I felt he did it right- did it as a real President.

So kudos to him.
If you would give the guy more of a break...and sit back...calm down...watch your information sources...he is actually doing a pretty good job as POTUS. Looks goofy as fuck all, and not an intellectual for sure. But he has instinct on things and business knowledge. Eliminating the Obamacare tax was right. Tariffs on China were right. Hitting Syria was right. Security for our borders from drug cartels and terrorists...right.

I generally despise Trump the man- because of his words and actions.

But tonight I heard Trump say things that well and in a Presidential manner.

And I am not opposed in theory to responding to Syria's chemical attacks with military strikes- so I will wait for more information to see whether the actions taken make sense or not- whether they are a futile gesture that accomplishes little, a significant effort that gives Assad pause- or something like Libya- well intentioned but with unforeseen consequences.

I'll give him his props when he gives a resignation speech and admits to all of his crimes.

The responses to this thread shows why we can't have nice things here at USMB.

Just a bunch of partisans who take politics too personally or not seriously enough. I guarantee you if Hillary was president we'd have already engaged with Syria last year, and the same people calling for Trump's head? They'd be praising her.

Just a bunch of partisans who take politics too personally or not seriously enough. I guarantee you if Hillary was president we'd have already engaged with Syria last year, and the same people calling for Trump's head? They'd be praising her.

You know we did engage with Syria last year- right?

Certainly I think that Clinton would have responded to the chemical attacks also and yeah- most of those praising Trump for being tough would be attacking her for meddling in Middle Eastern affairs.

Certainly I think that Clinton would have responded to the chemical attacks also and yeah- most of those praising Trump for being tough would be attacking her for meddling in Middle Eastern affairs.

Yes, I know.. The MSM last year was pushing really hard for total war with Syria to remove Assad but Trump resisted. I'm not sure Clinton would have even hesitated to put boots on the ground. Removing dictators is sort of her MO.

Didn't we learn anything at all from Iraq?

Yes, I know.. The MSM last year was pushing really hard for total war with Syria to remove Assad but Trump resisted. I'm not sure Clinton would have even hesitated to put boots on the ground. Removing dictators is sort of her MO.

Got any quotes from CNN or the Wall Street Journal pushing hard for total war with Syria to remove Assad? I certainly don't remember anyone particularly gungho about that except for a few rightwingers.

Remember- Trump just signed on John "Regime change in Iran" Bolton on as his National Security Advisor.

Got any quotes from CNN or the Wall Street Journal pushing hard for total war with Syria to remove Assad? I certainly don't remember anyone particularly gungho about that except for a few rightwingers.

Remember- Trump just signed on John "Regime change in Iran" Bolton on as his National Security Advisor.

I've never seen such blatant war propaganda in my life as I did concerning Syria last year.

I've never seen such blatant war propaganda in my life as I did concerning Syria last year.

So CNN interviewing a 7 year old survivor of a chemical attack is 'blatant war propaganda'?

Did CNN call for the United States to invade Syria to remove Assad?

I have no idea who or what that second Youtube video is- but certainly any idiot can post a video on Youtube- and some gullible idiot will buy into it.

For this action?

Nothing less than being brought in front of the Hague for war crimes is appropriate.
Two sickos playing ping pong with each other, totally ignoring the role Hussein Obama played in bringing about the genocide of half a million Syrians and over 15 million refugees so far. All that Trump is doing now is cleaning up all the Obama disasters. Bunch of ingrates.

Forum List

Back