Giving thanks: Iraq oil minister says $80/barrel is reasonable

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
EXCERPT: Iraqi Oil Minister Hussein al-Shahristani said on Friday that 80 dollars a barrel is a "reasonable" price for oil and that his country would support any OPEC decision to cut output.

Story here:

And we're there spending $6 billion a month for the next 36 months why? Are we even seeing a drop of their oil?

That's what happens to DUmmies who believe their own spin.. "We went there only for their oil." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :cuckoo:

EXCERPT: Iraqi Oil Minister Hussein al-Shahristani said on Friday that 80 dollars a barrel is a "reasonable" price for oil and that his country would support any OPEC decision to cut output.

Story here:

And we're there spending $6 billion a month for the next 36 months why? Are we even seeing a drop of their oil?

Yeah that free market, at least on the producer level, looks suspiciously like a price fixing monopoly sometimes, doesn't it?

How much was the worldwide price for a barrel of oil BEFORE we invaded Iraq?

Yeah that free market, at least on the producer level, looks suspiciously like a price fixing monopoly sometimes, doesn't it?

How much was the worldwide price for a barrel of oil BEFORE we invaded Iraq?

$20-$30 a barrel. But admittedly, that was BEFORE India and China started consuming massive quantities of oil. Oil is around $50 right now. I can't really see it dropping below $45 and when our economy starts getting better, the price of oil will surge well past $150 barrel again. If I were a rich man, I'd build myself a concrete shed with an advanced lock system and go to the cheapest gas station I could find and get as many buckets of gasoline as I could get. That way next Summer when gas is $5/gallon, I'm still paying $1.99.

Last edited:
America should switch to electric cars and natural gas trucks.

It is the most important thing we can do.

America should switch to electric cars and natural gas trucks.

It is the most important thing we can do.

I'll make the switch.

Where do I trade in my truck for another with equal value-in-use?

My cruiser gets about 40mpg. My truck, well maybe 15mpg. My classic truck, well maybe 12mpg going downhill.

So I purchased a quality scooter. One with a very large frame and body, great storage, larger tires, fully automatic. I get 70mpg, can run 70mph and still have throttle left to pass with. I ride the darn thing until the temp gets below 25 and unless it is raining hard. They make almost the same darn model with a retractable roof, full windshield with a wiper.

Honestly, the scooter I picked up has been the most sensible ride I have ever owned and a blast to run around on and the money I save is incredible. Anyone who can ride a bicycle can ride one.

I have looked into electric cycles and cars. I have no problem with them except the cost. The same with natural gas. Most people do good to be able to purchase a new car, let alone afford one of these. So as this concept is all well and good, if the masses cannot afford to purchase them, it is all for nothing.

Please don't take me wrong, I think this is the direction we need to look at, electric and natural gas, but, we have a lot of work to do to make it affordable for the masses.

Forum List

Back