Giving Blood, Why not?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
Well, I just got a letter in the mail from a local blood donor service, it is a national service called "LIFELINE" this is the West Tennessee Region I went too. I have tried 5x before I ever got too. (2x I was sick on the day, and 3x they wouldn't allow me to do it cause of my high temperature, my temperature, average is around 99.7-99.8, and on the days I went it was over 100.0 everytime, really depressed me).

I believe everyone should donate blood that can. It doesn't have any permanent affect, and the blood is regained very quickly as long as you follow a normal eating habit (if your a dieter like me, just eat a little higher calorie intake, and drink heavy amounts of water if you don't already). Also, the only drawback it had on me I couldn't weight lift that day (I compete in it, so it kinda disturbed me, but it was just 1 day of off-training). Honestly, it is really worth it to me.

The letter said my donation of 2 pints had helped up to 3 patients in a hospital, now I know they say that to everyone, but even if it helps 1 person in the hospital, it was worth it by far, don't you think? Also, I found out my blood type. B- (B Negative) which is the 2nd rarest blood type (rarest of all is AB Negative) at least that is what I read on the pamphlet I recieved from them.

I really hope everyone, who can, will donate blood, you can donate every 2 months, and I plan to donate the exact day I can do it again, and plan to do it forever, although I do not know how I could do it in the military during Basic or Tech School, I guess that would make it impossible, but I will do it as soon as I can again.

I ask just, why not? The chance of getting aids? They use brand-new needles on us at the donating center, and from what I understand, all companies do.

i donate off and on...i have a negative.....

when my son was a wee one...he told a friend....i was grumpy cause i had negative blood

haha that's pretty funny. I think it's rather ironic that mine is B Negative, when a lot of people say I am a grumpy old crone at 18 lol.

I hope you can donate regularly, it's a great thing as I'm sure you know.

when my son was a wee one...he told a friend....i was grumpy cause i had negative blood

haha that's pretty funny. I think it's rather ironic that mine is B Negative, when a lot of people say I am a grumpy old crone at 18 lol.

When you get into the service, all those vaccinations you're going to get and the countries you'll visit may prevent you from donating blood.

When you get into the service, all those vaccinations you're going to get and the countries you'll visit may prevent you from donating blood.

Aww crap, that is a good point. That stinks, I really hope I am able too though.

I've given over 5 gallons and it seems the blood center has a core number of donors. After 9-11 they were swamped with donations but now it seems only 10% of the population gives blood.

Forum List

Back