Given the handling of BP Oil Leak, how will Big Brother handle health care?

Well, assuming Health care persons run Health care stuff, and aid people are running aid stuff (oil spill), probably totally differently.

At least you hope so. It's not like we're betting our life on it, right? It's not like Obama is a loon who believe he's "partners with God in matters of Life and Death" right?

Maybe it will be run with the ruthless excellence of the Tennessee Valley Authority, or Rural Electrification, or the Post Office?

I'm not going to sit and whine about anything being bad before there's evidence that it's bad. That's all the right seems to do, doom and gloom, doom and gloom, libs ruining the country, blah blah blah.

I tell ya what, if the Deficit is being handed to our kids and grandkids, how come it wasn't handed to me? It was around long before I was. If things worked the way you simpletons really believe, we'd be fucked already. The good news is, things don't work that way. A Federal Budget = / = a personal budget. They don't work the same way. You knew that though.

Last edited:
GT... we are fucked. Well, those of us who'll be around when the bill is due. But it won't change because Americans are stupid. Just look at the not-insurance-when-we're-in-court-insurance-when-we're-marketing-it-income-tax-nobody-will-ever-get-rid-of-so-we-can-raid-the-coffers Ponzi scheme they call Social Security

GT... we are fucked. Well, those of us who'll be around when the bill is due. But it won't change because Americans are stupid. Just look at the not-insurance-when-we're-in-court-insurance-when-we're-marketing-it-income-tax-nobody-will-ever-get-rid-of-so-we-can-raid-the-coffers Ponzi scheme they call Social Security

Point is, the bill's never due. Seriously. And when it comes "due," whatever that means, we have the supposed strongest Military in the world, let alone people who haven't yet enlisted who actually would if they felt it necessary in their views. I'm not going to fucking worry about it.

Social Security may or may not die, but it's working quite-nicely for my elders, currently.

The bill's been "there" for how many years now?

And tell me, were we in debt with this "bill," when we were considered the world's strongest economy? How's that work out?

Point is, the bill's never due.

wow...

There you have it, folks. What else is there to say. They think the bill's never due. That kind of thinking is why people skip on their mortgages and default on loans and think Obama's going to pay their bills.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!![/ame]

No wonder our economy is shot and we have no manufacturing in America.

Seriously. And when it comes "due," whatever that means, we have the supposed strongest Military in the world, let alone people who haven't yet enlisted who actually would if they felt it necessary in their views. I'm not going to fucking worry about it.

Social Security may or may not die, but it's working quite-nicely for my elders, currently.

Most Ponzi schemes do so long as the base keeps getting larger. Just go back and ask Madoff's customers about their early experiences.

And tell me, were we in debt with this "bill," when we were considered the world's strongest economy? How's that work out?

When did anyone ever really think we had a strong economy other than politicians? Go to forth to the nearest store and tell me how many things say 'Made in the USA'.

How exactly are the Oil Spill and Healthcare related?

In case you didn't notice, the government is not running health care, your precious insurance companies are still in full operation and control. The health care bill didn't come anywhere close to a "government run" health care system.

Well, assuming Health care persons run Health care stuff, and aid people are running aid stuff (oil spill), probably totally differently.

At least you hope so. It's not like we're betting our life on it, right? It's not like Obama is a loon who believe he's "partners with God in matters of Life and Death" right?

Maybe it will be run with the ruthless excellence of the Tennessee Valley Authority, or Rural Electrification, or the Post Office?

I'm not going to sit and whine about anything being bad before there's evidence that it's bad. That's all the right seems to do, doom and gloom, doom and gloom, libs ruining the country, blah blah blah.

I tell ya what, if the Deficit is being handed to our kids and grandkids, how come it wasn't handed to me? It was around long before I was. If things worked the way you simpletons really believe, we'd be fucked already. The good news is, things don't work that way. A Federal Budget = / = a personal budget. They don't work the same way. You knew that though.

The problem is that the Gubbamint has a much greater capacity to jam problems off into the future that either you or I do, but that capacity has a limit. And we ARE paying for it right now in taxes! Dollars that go to the government are less dollar we can put to work in the private sector

Greece hit their limit, NY hit their limit, CA hit their limit, Spain and Italy are up next and the USA is approaching its limit. When the USA pops it won't just be a matter of letting go of some premium cable channels.

The first thing to go will be our AAA Credit rating. If it we have to borrow at 5% instead of 2%, as we surely will one day real soon, that extra amount is going to cost as much as it take to run whole government departments and small countries.

The difference on just this years deficit alone will be $30 Billion!

It's a big problem and it one of the reasons Statist (including Dubya and Delay) should go to Hell

Last edited:
How exactly are the Oil Spill and Healthcare related?

In case you didn't notice, the government is not running health care, your precious insurance companies are still in full operation and control. The health care bill didn't come anywhere close to a "government run" health care system.

I don't get the impression facts are important to CrusaderFrank.

Point is, the bill's never due.

wow...

There you have it, folks. What else is there to say. They think the bill's never due. That kind of thinking is why people skip on their mortgages and default on loans and think Obama's going to pay their bills.

Not "wow," I don't apply the same economic principles to personal debt as I do to the National one, do you nkow the difference? WTF's a personal mortgage got to do with the National fucking Debt? Jesus christ you're lame.

CrusaderFrank, the solution isn't running all the way to the other extreme. The current disaster as well as history (recent, such as the mine collapse, and past, such as conditions in the workplace before reforms we put into place and regulation enacted) show the results of letting the private sector do as it will with no oversight or responsibility.

When did anyone ever really think we had a strong economy other than politicians? Go to forth to the nearest store and tell me how many things say 'Made in the USA'.

World Economic studies? Yea, politicians didn't make them. Try looking up the strength of economies in year & country, and get back to me with what the Debt was when we were #1. K?

CrusaderFrank, the solution isn't running all the way to the other extreme. The current disaster as well as history (recent, such as the mine collapse, and past, such as conditions in the workplace before reforms we put into place and regulation enacted) show the results of letting the private sector do as it will with no oversight or responsibility.

There is not a single human activity, not even flushing your toilet or turning on a light that isn't regulated by the Federal government.

ObamaCare's Ever-Rising Price Tag ~
Voters will understand plenty about the hidden costs of the law by November.

White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod argued earlier this year that health-care reform would become more popular after it passed, boosting Democrats in the midterm elections. "We have to go out and sell it," he told the National Journal, adding in an interview in Newsweek that "people [will] see the benefits that accrue to them."

That's not quite how it has worked out. ObamaCare is becoming more, not less, unpopular. The Rasmussen poll reported the week after health reform's passage in March that 55% of likely voters supported its repeal while 42% did not. A Rasmussen poll last month showed that 56% backed repeal; 39% did not.

Some may argue that President Obama has been able to extol the legislation's supposed virtues only sporadically, instead having to confront other challenges from the Gulf oil spill to foreign policy controversies. But the real problem is ObamaCare's substantive defects, some only now coming to light. Consider the April 22 analysis by Medicare's chief actuary, Richard Foster, which blasted to smithereens many of Mr. Obama's claims for the bill.

View Full Image

AFP/Getty Images
For starters, Mr. Foster estimated Americans would pay $120 billion in fines for not having adequate insurance coverage and that 14 million people would lose their coverage as rising costs led companies to dump it. Those effects are not in keeping with Mr. Obama's promises that if people liked the health insurance they had they could keep it, and that the reforms would provide universal coverage.

Finding it hard to cover costs under the bill's formulas, according to Mr. Foster's analysis, doctors would refuse new patients and one out of every six hospitals and nursing homes could start operating in the red. And while Medicaid would cover 16 million more people, there might not be enough doctors to treat them.

Because of new taxes, Mr. Foster rightly claimed that sick people would face "high drug and device prices" and everyone would pay higher premiums—again, exactly the opposite of what Mr. Obama said.

Then in May, the Congressional Budget Office updated its cost projections. It found that the new health legislation would cost $115 billion more than estimated when it was enacted.

That's not the end of the bad news. October will see the first round of Medicare cuts. Up to half of seniors will lose their Medicare Advantage coverage (a program that allows seniors to receive additional services through a private health plan), or at least some of their benefits under this program. Watch for the administration to try to keep companies from notifying their customers of benefit cuts or premium increases before the election. Meanwhile, the Daily Caller website reported yesterday that the administration has missed deadlines for issuing four sets of regulations specified by the bill and lacks a master time-line for the other required regulations.

There is more to read if you click the link above.

The problem is that the Gubbamint has a much greater capacity to jam problems off into the future that either you or I do, but that capacity has a limit. And we ARE paying for it right now in taxes! Dollars that go to the government are less dollar we can put to work in the private sector

Greece hit their limit, NY hit their limit, CA hit their limit, Spain and Italy are up next and the USA is approaching its limit. When the USA pops it won't just be a matter of letting go of some premium cable channels.

The first thing to go will be our AAA Credit rating. If it we have to borrow at 5% instead of 2%, as we surely will one day real soon, that extra amount is going to cost as much as it take to run whole government departments and small countries.

The difference on just this years deficit alone will be $30 Billion!

It's a big problem and it one of the reasons Statist (including Dubya and Delay) should go to Hell

NY's just fine and will be just fine. When's the last time you visited?

How will they handle healthcare? The same way they handle everything else - badly and then blame the GOP.
gop-cry-baby.jpg

The difference, GT is that when I don't pay my debt, only I end up on the street. When the nation can't pay its debts, we all end up on the street. Look at Germany post WWI to see what happens when a nation is burdened with crushing debt it can't pay. The fact that we owe much of that debt to nations like China, who are not our friends, makes matters worse. And that army you talk about [you know, Germany also used its army to get out of debt...]- how's it going to perform when Opec cuts off our oil supply?

I got a packet from my Insurance co. that said how healthcare is going to effect its customers. It's pretty fucking minimal.

The difference, GT is that when I don't pay my debt, only I end up on the street. When the nation can't pay its debts, we all end up on the street. Look at Germany post WWI to see what happens when a nation is burdened with crushing debt it can't pay. The fact that we owe much of that debt to nations like China, who are not our friends, makes matters worse. And that army you talk about [you know, Germany also used its army to get out of debt...]- how's it going to perform when Opec cuts off our oil supply?
Can I go to Germany and buy a PS3? Does Germany have the internet? Do we trade with China? Is that trade vital to China? (hint: they buy securities from us).

The sky's not falling. Also, the national debt isn't going to out us on the street. If the bill ever "does" come due, all it would do is create a shift in trade, and the US will create more of its own goods to cheapen them. The extra X-dollars your family pays on the national debt? The economy would adjust and prices on things like homes, food, etc. would also adjust. Rents, Liscensing fees, everything in the whole fucking economy would shift DRAMATICALLY before "the whole country is out on the street."

I got a packet from my Insurance co. that said how healthcare is going to effect its customers. It's pretty fucking minimal.

Right, because the government didn't take anything over. Something that Frank doesn't seem to want to understand.

Forum List

Back