Give to Caesar. Why? Better law and justice?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Do you theists crave God’s law on earth, --- or do you think Jesus was saying that secular law was better?

Giving to Caesar includes loyalty and allegiance to the law of the land.

Jesus would not recommend an inferior justice system.

I guess that the choice is between God’s tyranny, --- and liberty to only follow the law, --- another tyranny, --- which has already negated any notion of freedom for man.

Is secular law inferior or superior to the laws of the Gods?

Regards

DL

Do you theists crave God’s law on earth, --- or do you think Jesus was saying that secular law was better?

I guess that the choice is between God’s tyranny, --- and liberty to only follow the law, --- another tyranny, --- which has already negated any notion of freedom for man.

Regards

DL
I think Jesus was trying to prevent his followers from ending up on the cross like he did. Some practicle advise for living through the situation. When and if a profit hits the earth again he will have to be practicle in surviving mans law while also trying to install gods. Not an easy task

OP:
To be historically correct:
JESUS ISN'T A SINGULAR HISTORICAL FIGURE and your post shows this.
THE HISTORICAL figure who was talking about Rome's taxes in the Time of Caesar was the tax revolter christ figure named YEHUDA OF Galilee (who died 6bc) crucified for his tax revolt as was his 2 sons.
THIS IS the Christ used in Bill O'reilly's
"killing Jesus" book but this is not the Pilate era sexually deviant Christ by the Jordan named Theudas who's apostles were martyrs, nor the 100bc Egyptian influenced magician son of the Harlot Mary named Yeshu.
Rome gives it's characters new names (changed names) because when combining characters the end result needs their own new name.
Hence Shimon and? becomes Peter, Saul/Pol/Paulus becomes Paul, Yeshu/Yehuda/Theudas becomes Jesus and Thadeus&? becomes
James.

Sources for the tax revolter Christ:
Luke mentions him once, in
Acts 5:37, and Josephus several times, once here, sect. 6; and B. XX. ch. 5. sect. 2; Of the War, B. II. ch. 8. sect. 1; and ch. 17. sect. 8, calls this Judas(Yehuda), who was the pestilent author of that seditious doctrine and temper which brought the Jewish nation to utter destruction, a Galilean; but here (sect. 1) Josephus calls him a Gaulonite, of the city of Gamala; it is a great question where this Judas was born, whether in Galilee on the west side, or in Gaulonitis on the east side, of the river Jordan; while, in the place just now cited out of the Antiquities, B. XX. ch. 5. sect. 2, he is not only called a Galilean, but it is added to his story, "as I have signified in the books that go before these," as if he had still called him a Galilean in those Antiquities before, as well as in that particular place, as Dean Aldrich observes, Of the War, B. II. ch. 8. sect. 1.

Last edited:

Regards

DL
Clearly you don't understand what it means. Hahahahahahaha.

Regards

DL
I think Jesus was trying to prevent his followers from ending up on the cross like he did. Some practicle advise for living through the situation. When and if a profit hits the earth again he will have to be practicle in surviving mans law while also trying to install gods. Not an easy task

It was a question designed by his enemies to trap him in front of many witnesses into openly advocating rebellion against rome, a capital offense.. His answer was brilliant. To the average roman standing around it sounded like he was supporting taxation but to the religious Jew he was advocating tax revolt because to them everything belonged to God and nothing belonged to caesar especially in Israel..

By saying to other Jews "render unto caesar the things of caesar" he was openly saying to give caesar nothing.

See? even if his enemies quoted what he said verbatim they couldn't charge him with anything because what he meant went over peoples heads and was only understood by the enlightened who maintained their allegiance to God..

Last edited:

Regards

DL

It was a question designed by his enemies to trap him in front of many witnesses into openly advocating rebellion against rome, a capital offense.. His answer was brilliant. To the average roman standing around it sounded like he was supporting taxation but to the religious Jew he was advocating tax revolt because to them everything belonged to God and nothing belonged to caesar especially in Israel..

By saying to other Jews "render unto caesar the things of caesar" he was openly saying to give caesar nothing.

See? even if his enemies quoted what he said verbatim they couldn't charge him with anything because what he meant went over peoples heads and was only understood by the enlightened who maintained their allegiance to God..
No. He wasn't saying give Caesar nothing. He was saying to follow your conscience instead of the black and white letter of the law.

Regards

DL

No. He wasn't saying give Caesar nothing. He was saying to follow your conscience instead of the black and white letter of the law.
Bullshit. Her was cornered by a very clever question from his enemies. If he advocated roman subjugation and taxation he wasn't the messiah. If he advocated tax revolt he would have been executed. A win win situation for his enemies.

His answer was brilliant. He advocated rebellion while seeming to support subjugation which satisfied the romans and his supporters while leaving his enemies frustrated.

Render unto Caesar the things of Caesar spoken by a Jew to other Jews meant give Caesar nothing even to his enemies.. Nothing in all of Israel belonged to Caesar. Israel its people and the fruit of their labor belong to God.

Last edited:

Regards

DL

Bullshit. Her was cornered by a very clever question from his enemies. If he advocated roman subjugation and taxation he wasn't the messiah. If he advocated tax revolt he would have been executed. A win win situation for his enemies.

His answer was brilliant. He advocated rebellion while seeming to support subjugation which satisfied the romans and his supporters while leaving his enemies frustrated.

Render unto Caesar the things of Caesar spoken by a Jew to other Jews meant give Caesar nothing even to his enemies.. Nothing in all of Israel belonged to Caesar. Israel its people and the fruit of their labor belong to God.
Nope. How can you who traffic in Caesar's coins and thus receive what to you are benefits of Caesar's rule refuse to pay taxes? The answer... when his rules are contrary to God's.

Regards

DL

Nope. How can you who traffic in Caesar's coins and thus receive what to you are benefits of Caesar's rule refuse to pay taxes? The answer... when his rules are contrary to God's.
The benefits of caesars rule? lol...

Are you insane? It was a time of brutal roman oppression. The romans taxed everything including urine so that a few elite romans and their favorite traitors could live opulent lives on easy street and feast while the majority of the population starved.... People were maimed imprisoned enslaved and killed on a daily basis for trivial reasons without mercy.

Judea did not belong to caesar. Jews owed caesar nothing.

To provide material support to an evil and corrupt system is always contrary to God's rules.

Last edited:
It was the first mention of a separation between church and state...give to Cesaer the what is his, and give God what is his......

Don't mix politics with religion.

Don't use God as your cause for war or rebellion against the Roman occupiers?

All society is based upon some form of commonly accepted moral code. If one religion were really the clear truth, then living by that code would be the obvious standard, and separation from the state would be meaningless. The only reason for strict separation is that there are competing religions and the state should not promote one over the others. At the same time, a 'believer' will always put his/her belief above the state. That is the meaning of religious belief.

Regards

DL

Not only not easy. Impossible.

For instance, though shalt not kill cannot be a commandment in heaven as none there can die.

God, as judge, also states that it is ok for himself, as judge, to ask for and accept bribes and sacrifices to change his good justice of punishing the guilty and not the innocent to accepting the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty, if the right price is paid.

The earth would not tolerate such a dishonest prick of a judge.

Regards
DL

OP:
To be historically correct:
JESUS ISN'T A SINGULAR HISTORICAL FIGURE and your post shows this.
THE HISTORICAL figure who was talking about Rome's taxes in the Time of Caesar was the tax revolter christ figure named YEHUDA OF Galilee (who died 6bc) crucified for his tax revolt as was his 2 sons.
THIS IS the Christ used in Bill O'reilly's
"killing Jesus" book but this is not the Pilate era sexually deviant Christ by the Jordan named Theudas who's apostles were martyrs, nor the 100bc Egyptian influenced magician son of the Harlot Mary named Yeshu.
Rome gives it's characters new names (changed names) because when combining characters the end result needs their own new name.
Hence Shimon and? becomes Peter, Saul/Pol/Paulus becomes Paul, Yeshu/Yehuda/Theudas becomes Jesus and Thadeus&? becomes
James.

Sources for the tax revolter Christ:
Luke mentions him once, in
Acts 5:37, and Josephus several times, once here, sect. 6; and B. XX. ch. 5. sect. 2; Of the War, B. II. ch. 8. sect. 1; and ch. 17. sect. 8, calls this Judas(Yehuda), who was the pestilent author of that seditious doctrine and temper which brought the Jewish nation to utter destruction, a Galilean; but here (sect. 1) Josephus calls him a Gaulonite, of the city of Gamala; it is a great question where this Judas was born, whether in Galilee on the west side, or in Gaulonitis on the east side, of the river Jordan; while, in the place just now cited out of the Antiquities, B. XX. ch. 5. sect. 2, he is not only called a Galilean, but it is added to his story, "as I have signified in the books that go before these," as if he had still called him a Galilean in those Antiquities before, as well as in that particular place, as Dean Aldrich observes, Of the War, B. II. ch. 8. sect. 1.

Good research. I wish I could prove my theory of Christian usurping our holy books when we called ourselves Chretians.
A good man ideology as opposed to the god man ideology that Christianity became when they stupidly began to read myths literally.

Gnostic Christians have always seen more than one Jesus in scriptures. The Rome invented pacifist wimp for one, and an Eastern mystic for two. That one is quite Gnostic Christian. He is the one speaking the quotes I use below.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our God "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural.

Regards
DL

It was the first mention of a separation between church and state...give to Cesaer the what is his, and give God what is his......

Don't mix politics with religion.

Don't use God as your cause for war or rebellion against the Roman occupiers?

Are you saying that Jesus would tell the Jews to kowtow to occupation and live as a slave nation?

Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

All society is based upon some form of commonly accepted moral code. If one religion were really the clear truth, then living by that code would be the obvious standard, and separation from the state would be meaningless. The only reason for strict separation is that there are competing religions and the state should not promote one over the others. At the same time, a 'believer' will always put his/her belief above the state. That is the meaning of religious belief.

His belief, perhaps. Not his acting on those beliefs.

God's laws call for stoning unruly children and fornicators.

If the backwards thinking Christians tried to implement their immoral barbaric beliefs, the state would have to create their own Inquisition against the barbaric Christian fools.

Regards
DL

The benefits of caesars rule? lol...

Are you insane? It was a time of brutal roman oppression. The romans taxed everything including urine so that a few elite romans and their favorite traitors could live opulent lives on easy street and feast while the majority of the population starved.... People were maimed imprisoned enslaved and killed on a daily basis for trivial reasons without mercy.

Judea did not belong to caesar. Jews owed caesar nothing.

To provide material support to an evil and corrupt system is always contrary to God's rules.
You sound like an anarchist.

The reality is that some Jews did receive benefits and preferential treatment from the Romans. You act like everything was done at the point of a spear. The Jews accepted Roman rule. They didn't rebel against it. And yet, you seem to think Jesus was telling them to rebel, right? By saying render to Caesar what is Caesar's? That makes no sense at all.

Regards

DL
Do you ever actually read scriptures

Regards

DL
Do you ever actually read scriptures

Do you actually say something worth reading that does not sound stupid?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back