Give Terrorists Constitutional Rights, Says Obama Administration

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by KMAN, Jul 8, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
  2. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    In order to ensure convictions.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    But if acquitted they still may not be released. As Greenwald points out, this is less transparent than Bush. Indeed, even the closing of Gitmo is just more positive action of muddying the waters:

The Obama justice system - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779
    you knew that was gonna happen didn'tya? he works for the aclu..anything for the terrorist anything.

5. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180

Yes, it reeks.

I find it quite amusing however, that the knee jerk types are saying "anything for the terrorist" . They are making every attempt at securing convictions to put these people away. The rights are not being afforded them so that they may escape conviction, but to help ensure convictions. The post trial detainment is troubling, but it flies in the face of partisan simpletons who cry "anything to help terroist." In fact, they appear to be heading down the same road as the previous admin. "anything to detain terrorist". They are however, attempting to make some sort of legal justification (a rather poor one) rather than just giving everyone the finger.

6. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    I have some basic questions about Terrorists and Constitutional rights.

1)Are not Constitutional rights human rights?

2) are not human rights the providence of "natures God" and not to be taken or restricted by any man, organization nor government?

3) Are the terrorists humans and thus are afforded human rights, and thus afforded Constitutional rights?

I know, I know, you want to go kill the terrorists. Forget what I just posted.

7. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,760
    Just another problem you run into when you take prisoners... Let's set them on fire and hang them over the side of a bridge like they did with one of our soldiers. Maybe even cut their heads off like they did with some of the others. They have been well fed and well housed. Now, let's execute them.

8. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    You may have a point.

If we killed the ones that surrendered, such a problem would not arise. So why not kill them and do not take prisoners??

They wish to be martyred anyway, so let them have their virgins ...what good that will do them if they are dead.

9. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I think the guys we have left in custody are very dangerous people. I think we did hold some guys for way too long that were not dangerous and not even guilty of anything except being in the wrong place. Did they ever find a place to send those Chinese guys we were holding? That was pretty fucked up.

At any rate, the ones we have left have to be dealt with. I am praying for some sort of accident or disaster. Maybe they could accidentally escape into Cuba and some Cuban authorities could be accidentally waiting for them to climb over the fence. I bet Cuban prison is nice in July.

Or maybe there will be a hurricane. Or a plane crash.

But in all likelyhood, these few guys we have left will never be free. They are the worst of the worst. I don't want to see them treated unfairly, not because of their rights, but because of mine. If you take their rights, you can take mine too. So, find a way to get these guys settled in a new prison home and be done with it.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    So now we have the Obamabots-and I use that only because it's the only term that fits-arguing for the government to 'kill' the prisoners who are the same folks that a mere 6 months ago were 'political prisoners' being denied due process.

No hypocrisy here. :cuckoo: