Give peace a chance people!

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
CHICAGO (AP) - Police planned to increase patrols and put SWAT officers and specialized units on the streets over the weekend, a show of force aimed at deterring violence like the three dozen shootings that left nine people dead last weekend.

"Weather permitting, we will have our helicopter up," said police spokeswoman Monique Bond, who said Thursday night was relatively quiet, with only four shootings, none fatal.

Meanwhile, religious leaders said they had persuaded some churches to open their doors in the afternoons and evenings to protect people from gunfire.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080426/D909HFD80.html

Yes....This is nothing like Iraq......

I am still waiting for people to be up in arms about this and start protesting any day now....Where is Cindy Sheehan when we need her. When are these people going to give peace a chance!

Wow, when are we pulling out of Chicago????

It's not safe, too violent, and people are dying. We should be pulling out right now. Where's Cindy the Peace Mom Sheehan when you need her? Where's Code Pinko?

Geez it ain't even hot yet and they're already in a lather.............how they affording all them there bullets?????:eusa_drool:

Isn't properity wunnerful.........axe em they'll tell ya!!!!!!!:eusa_whistle:

Ya I notice this recession hasn't effected the gangs any. I wonder what their unemployment level is at? probably 0 percent since all ya do is kill someone to take their job.

There was actually another thread where someone said, "So we should pull out of Chicago?" When discussing the danger ratio between Iraq and the U.S. I find it humorous. :cool:

America's highest homicide rate was in Washington, D.C., which had a rate of 35.4 per 100,000 in 2005. According to estimates based on Brookings Institution data, Baghdad's violent death rate around that time was about 238 per 100,000 people.

America's highest homicide rate was in Washington, D.C., which had a rate of 35.4 per 100,000 in 2005. According to estimates based on Brookings Institution data, Baghdad's violent death rate around that time was about 238 per 100,000 people.

First you ASSUME I am minimizing our troops death rate in this section:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=53825

Then you go on to minimize the destruction that is going on in our own backyard? Your a hypocrite! Furthermore I say you dont give a shit about what is going on in America. I guess 35.4 is too low for you?

***blah, blah blah, . . .***

Then you go on to minimize the destruction that is going on in our own backyard? Your [sic] a hypocrite! Furthermore I say you dont give a shit about what is going on in America. I guess 35.4 is too low for you?

I was responding to this; I forgot to quote it:
When discussing the danger ratio between Iraq and the U.S. I find it humorous. :cool:

I find the murder rate here alarming, and the murder rate in Baghdad, which is 6.7 times higher than DC, alarming as well.

I was responding to this; I forgot to quote it:

I find the murder rate here alarming, and the murder rate in Baghdad, which is 6.7 times higher than DC, alarming as well.

The "Blah blah blah" was priceless!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

God! I hope you never used that in court as an actual argument.

Here's the Iraqi governmental figures (as compared to guesswork from the Brookings Inst being quoted by Media Matters)

Figures compiled by the Health Ministry put the civilian death toll for 2005 at 4,024. The ministry's civilian death count for the first two months of this year is 1,093.

Wikipedia puts Baghdad's population at around 7,000,000.

Washington DC had 181 murders in 2007, according to the Metro PD website statistics. Census Bureau reports DC's population at 542,059.

If you figure in the differences between populations, DC's murder rate is about half of Baghdad's.

Of course, one is a war zone and the other is the capital of supposedly the most civilized country in the world.

CHICAGO (AP) - Police planned to increase patrols and put SWAT officers and specialized units on the streets over the weekend, a show of force aimed at deterring violence like the three dozen shootings that left nine people dead last weekend.

"Weather permitting, we will have our helicopter up," said police spokeswoman Monique Bond, who said Thursday night was relatively quiet, with only four shootings, none fatal.

Meanwhile, religious leaders said they had persuaded some churches to open their doors in the afternoons and evenings to protect people from gunfire.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080426/D909HFD80.html

Yes....This is nothing like Iraq......

I am still waiting for people to be up in arms about this and start protesting any day now....Where is Cindy Sheehan when we need her. When are these people going to give peace a chance!

Chicagos a sovreign nation that the US invaded for "humanitarian" reasons to make their lives better?

Perhaps you could find a better analogy. This one seems a bit broken.

Forum List

Back