Give Obama's Stimulus back NOW!

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
Well, here we are at the time when we get the last paycheck and see just how much we have to give back to Obama. He was SOOOOOOOO generous to lone us money this year. He loaned it to us in payments so we can pay it back all at once. Such a nice guy!

You need a link to back up these facts.
Now comes the pay back time. Mine is about $600, others may be more or maybe less. But, if you ask to pay it back in payments as you got it, you will pay INTEREST! Lots of it.

We knew it was coming. I never could find a way to ask him not to make the loan to me, so I am stuck with it.

Obama is deceptive, and I know that 50% or more of Americans don't even know the stimulus even came, now they will be upset that it has to be paid back. He knew Americans were that way. Americans are apathetic, push-overs.

This president needs to be removed from office ASAP. He needs to have to work hard labor for a year, and pay high taxes, and high insurance payments, with high co-payments.

He also needs to then be sent back to his country and not allowed to return to America.

I have to be kind so I don't have the FBI on my back. So the above kind words are the best I can do.

Obama, I love you enough to pray for you from time to time, and to pray that you will get saved. I love you enough that if you were drowning I would try to help, even risking my own life. However, I hate what you stand for and are doing to thie great country.

Please at least seek God for personal help, if not for national help. Please don't call yourself a Christian if you continue to serve other gods.

Yes, America is in trouble, and I doubt we will stop it.

Last edited:
I knew from the get-go I'd have to return that money because I have two jobs. When I tried to explain that to married people, many really didn't get it. Now they do. It was a bait and switch just like this ridiculous "health care reform" "But we thought it would SAVE money!" That's why the libs love to call the teapartiers dumb. They knew about the scam all along and laugh at those who trusted.

Wasn't it Reagan who said something about the biggest lie being "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help you".Change help to "fuck you up the bung hole".

does anyone really believe that the O/P got a loan he didn't want?

Didn't think so.

When the government wants to give me money, let them give it to me. If I don't ask for it, I don't want it. I have not used any credit since 1999. If I cannot pay for something in cash, I don't get it.

So, no I did not want the money then, and did not have a choice. If it were a gift, of course I would have wanted it. It was not a gift, and I did not ask for or want a loan. It will only stimulate anger and bitterness.

You need to explain this better. I don't remember a loan either. I do remember a stimulus check, but my understanding was that it was a taxable refund.

Could you please provide a link to explain what this is all about?

You need to explain this better. I don't remember a loan either. I do remember a stimulus check, but my understanding was that it was a taxable refund.

The stimulus checks were during the Bush administration and functioned as an early tax credit. The amount was technically a credit on your return for 2008, but was received early (if, like me, you qualified for the credit based on 2008 earnings, but did not receive the amount at the time, it was added to your tax refund).

This argument has came up about the Making Work Pay tax credit included in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (aka, the stimulus bill). The bill included a provision for a payroll tax credit for individuals that phases out starting at 75k a year for individuals (150k for couples). Instead of including the credit as part of 2009 tax returns, the withholding tables were adjusted so that the money would be released in small amounts over the course of the year, instead of issuing it as a lump sum either last year or on your tax return this year. Some people have taken to calling this credit a loan, since they, incorrectly, believe it has to be repaid on your tax return.

This thread makes zero sense. There was no loan issued.

Ok, call it whatever you want, it was not a stimulus gift.

It was money not taken from your taxes, and now that the year is over, it will be expected to be paid back.

Did you not know that you were getting more in your pay check each month because some taxes was not being taken? LOL. No wonder it doesn't make sense. LOL

Thanks, you make my point. Most Americans have no clue!

Here is the deal. Less taxes were taken from your check each monty. (In my case it was about $60 per month) This was for about a year. Now. when you file your taxes, you will be paying 100% of that "stimulus" money back. There will not be a place on yout tax forms to separate it, so you WILL pay it back.

All stimulus checks in the past were given to us and never asked for back. They were even tax free. This one was only a loan, because it was intended to be paid back. If you don't, and even if you request to make payments, you will pay interest.

BTW, I have already addressed this with tax preparers, and they said it will be taken back on tax day. It was a con job, and many idiots had and have no clue what happened. But they will know for sure that something happened when they get ready to do their taxes.

This really does not apply to the lions share of taxpayers, because the government tables overwithhold anyway. So people will just get smaller refunds this year. This really is how it should be.

The stimulus checks were during the Bush administration and functioned as an early tax credit. The amount was technically a credit on your return for 2008, but was received early (if, like me, you qualified for the credit based on 2008 earnings, but did not receive the amount at the time, it was added to your tax refund).

This argument has came up about the Making Work Pay tax credit included in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (aka, the stimulus bill). The bill included a provision for a payroll tax credit for individuals that phases out starting at 75k a year for individuals (150k for couples). Instead of including the credit as part of 2009 tax returns, the withholding tables were adjusted so that the money would be released in small amounts over the course of the year, instead of issuing it as a lump sum either last year or on your tax return this year. Some people have taken to calling this credit a loan, since they, incorrectly, believe it has to be repaid on your tax return.

You might want to check with your tax man. I have talked to several and all of them say it will be paid back when you complete yout taxes this year. One even tole me that they tolld all of their clients to put money back to cover it.

I agree, it was not a "loan" but we do have to pay it back. Not a loan, but a lie. That is Obama's M.O.

Well, all they did was adjust the withholding tables to rational as far as I can figure. It is our money, not theirs, they can't loan it to us.
the money withheld really is a loan to the government interest free until it is paid. I always got big refunds, and I could have used the money I lost in interest.

So they gave us nothing that wasn't ours already. We just have to make do with smaller refunds this year. Not such a bad thing, really. the big refund was a scam anyway.

This really does not apply to the lions share of taxpayers, because the government tables overwithhold anyway. So people will just get smaller refunds this year. This really is how it should be.

No, it should have never been sone in the first place. It was based upon deception, by Obama. The deceiver.

This thread makes zero sense. There was no loan issued.

Ok, call it whatever you want, it was not a stimulus gift.

It was money not taken from your taxes, and now that the year is over, it will be expected to be paid back.

Did you not know that you were getting more in your pay check each month because some taxes was not being taken? LOL. No wonder it doesn't make sense. LOL

It was money not taken from taxes because of a tax credit.

Here is the deal. Less taxes were taken from your check each monty. (In my case it was about $60 per month) This was for about a year. Now. when you file your taxes, you will be paying 100% of that "stimulus" money back. There will not be a place on yout tax forms to separate it, so you WILL pay it back.

All stimulus checks in the past were given to us and never asked for back. They were even tax free. This one was only a loan, because it was intended to be paid back. If you don't, and even if you request to make payments, you will pay interest.

BTW, I have already addressed this with tax preparers, and they said it will be taken back on tax day. It was a con job, and many idiots had and have no clue what happened. But they will know for sure that something happened when they get ready to do their taxes.

That's simply not true. The modified withholding tables represent the application of the Making Work Pay tax credit.

You might want to check with your tax man. I have talked to several and all of them say it will be paid back when you complete yout taxes this year. One even tole me that they tolld all of their clients to put money back to cover it.

I agree, it was not a "loan" but we do have to pay it back. Not a loan, but a lie. That is Obama's M.O.

I know the details already. You may want to look for a new tax preparer, because your guy is too busy reading GOP talking points on blogs than knowing the details of the law.

That's simply not true. The modified withholding tables represent the application of the Making Work Pay tax credit.

OK, so from what you are saying I suppose this means that I will be getting the normal return on my taxes. Otherwise, it is a rip-off. (Theft)

Show me some washington publication that proves that there is some adjustment that was made, and that it will not mean that I will have to pay the whole amount back. As I see it, and we have our tax forms, there is no adjustment, and I am oging to owe because I did not pay in what I was required to.

No, I think you are wrong.

If there is a cushion, then it needs to be there now. I have more taken out than I am rewuired to have, both through my retirement and my paycheck. even with that I am looking to be short.

I believe it is just a con job and more evidence that we have a deceiver as a prseident.

So, show me the proof that there was some adjustment. And that this money will not be paid back.

Forum List

Back