Give Me Liberalism and Give Me Death

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Give Me Liberalism and Give Me Death​

Creation Evolution Headlines
9 Jan 13

Nowhere does the divide between left and right show more starkly than in policies about killing the innocent. Leftist liberals, who are the most supportive of Darwinism, seem to have no problem with tinkering with human life to the point of killing it.

1. Stem cell case denied: The 3-year long effort by James Sherley and Theresa Deisher to stop federal funding of embryonic stem cell research (2/13/2011) came to an end this week when the U.S. Supreme Court declined to take up the case, leaving intact a lower court’s decision to permit it (4/30/2011). Sherley and Deisher based their lawsuit on federal policy that denies funding for killing human embryos. The lawsuit wavered back and forth in the courts, including one decision by Judge Lamberth in 2010 that “shocked” the science community by shutting down hESC funding (but only for 17 days until another court stayed the injunction, 9/26/2010). That was followed by an appeals court ruling in favor of the defendants in August 2012.

The Supreme Court’s action permits federal funding for research on human embryos to continue unabated. According to a newsletter from Family Research Council (item #2), “it’s very likely that a great deal more human embryos will be destroyed in this research now.” What’s notable is the reaction of the leading pro-Darwin journals. Science Magazine touted it as “a victory for scientists, patients, and the entire biomedical research community.” Nature quoted one researcher saying, “What a great day for science,” noting also that NIH director Francis Collins (a nominal Christian in favor of Darwinism and opposed to intelligent design) was “very pleased”. The plaintiffs’ consolation is that during the interim more researchers turned to research on adult stem cells that do not raise ethical issues (5/23/2011).

[Excerpt]

Read more:
CEH: Give Me Liberalism and Give Me Death

I'm a liberal that personally opposes abortion, based upon buddhist belief. I also oppose restrictive gun control in general (killing, however, is quite wrong under nearly all circumstances). However, since this is a nation of laws based upon consititutional government, I suppose we need to obey those laws.

I believe you are incorrect when you try to pigeon-hole "liberals." We are not like conservatives, in that we are not a homogeneous bunch. As I have already tried to explain. However--if you are simply trolling for some form of entertainment--you are accomplishing your goal, although you aren't doing your soul any good.

A stem Cell is not a baby. I may be wrong but you can't stick a baby in the freezer.

I believe you are incorrect when you try to pigeon-hole "liberals." We are not like conservatives, in that we are not a homogeneous bunch.

You're just as bad as the conservatives you battle with a comment like this. I'm sure you hate when conservatives lump you into a group that promotes as much abortion as possible, wants everyone to be gay, wants to tax people at nearly 100%, wants to outlaw Christianity and confiscate all guns from everyone. You're no better lumping all conservatives together as being rich white old men who hate women, thump bibles and hoard guns.

Last edited:
Liberalism is the culture of Death...

"To claim the right to abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia, and to recognize that right in law, means to attribute to human freedom a perverse and evil significance: that of an absolute power over others and against others. This is the death of true freedom." -- John Paul II, The Gospel of Life

I believe you are incorrect when you try to pigeon-hole "liberals." We are not like conservatives, in that we are not a homogeneous bunch.

You're just as bad as the conservatives you battle with a comment like this. I'm sure you hate when conservatives lump you into a group that promotes as much abortion as possible, wants everyone to be gay, wants to tax people at nearly 100%, wants to outlaw Christianity and confiscate all guns from everyone. You're no better lumping all conservatives together as being rich white old men who hate women, thump bibles and hoard guns.

I don't believe that about conservatives. Hell, I'm conservative about many things myself--I just can't be part of the modern GOP. In my opinion--and that's all it is--they have veered far off into a radical right wing type of extremism.

Political extremism is dangerous under any guise.

"To claim the right to abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia, and to recognize that right in law, means to attribute to human freedom a perverse and evil significance: that of an absolute power over others and against others. This is the death of true freedom." -- John Paul II, The Gospel of Life

I'm not Catholic.

I'm not Catholic.

doesn't matter...........you WERE an unborn baby once....

I just can't be part of the modern GOP. In my opinion--and that's all it is--they have veered far off into a radical right wing type of extremism.

The same can be said of the democratic party and the other extreme. They have Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein, Schumer, Wasserman-Schultz, etc... just as left wing extreme as the GOP has their right wing extreme.

I just can't be part of the modern GOP. In my opinion--and that's all it is--they have veered far off into a radical right wing type of extremism.

The same can be said of the democratic party and the other extreme. They have Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein, Schumer, Wasserman-Schultz, etc... just as left wing extreme as the GOP has their right wing extreme.

Kucinich is far left. The ones you've mentioned are far left?

9 Jan 13

Nowhere does the divide between left and right show more starkly than in policies about killing the innocent. Leftist liberals, who are the most supportive of Darwinism, seem to have no problem with tinkering with human life to the point of killing it.

1. Stem cell case denied: The 3-year long effort by James Sherley and Theresa Deisher to stop federal funding of embryonic stem cell research (2/13/2011) came to an end this week when the U.S. Supreme Court declined to take up the case, leaving intact a lower court’s decision to permit it (4/30/2011). Sherley and Deisher based their lawsuit on federal policy that denies funding for killing human embryos. The lawsuit wavered back and forth in the courts, including one decision by Judge Lamberth in 2010 that “shocked” the science community by shutting down hESC funding (but only for 17 days until another court stayed the injunction, 9/26/2010). That was followed by an appeals court ruling in favor of the defendants in August 2012.

The Supreme Court’s action permits federal funding for research on human embryos to continue unabated.

Most excellent news!

Anyone for a fetal shake to celebrate?

I'm a liberal that would like to never see another abortion performed...but I prefer that happen through education and scientific advances than through legislation controlling a woman's body.

9 Jan 13

The Supreme Court’s action permits federal funding for research on human embryos to continue unabated.

Most excellent news!

you're one sick fuck...

9 Jan 13

Most excellent news!

you're one sick fuck...

Put your big girl panties on, Julie, and wipe your teary eyes.

It's not a party without fetus cookies.

fetus-cookie-cutter-cookies-702721-702801.jpg

So, I baked a nice big batch.

Kucinich is far left. The ones you've mentioned are far left?

As far left as the oft critiziced GOP is far right.

Forum List

Back